Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

We all know company A are the worst.

Spoken like a true Product B Stan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Company C Master Race FTW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Spoken like a true Product B Stan.

I feel personally insulted that the corporation that I have developed an imaginary connection to through marketing manipulation is different to the company you have aligned to. I now have an 8 page essay ready to explain all the reasons why you are wrong.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony don't really have quality control. Jim sterling researched this and if you are mates with higher ups you can get anything on the store which is why you have stuff like life of black tiger. There's some awful ****e on the Sony store as well.

As for Nintendo, their store is a bit of a mess bit they have a good wishlist system which they improved a few months back. I wasn't referring to that anyway. It's more that Nintendo actively promote indies in their video directs as well as Microsoft. There's zero promotion from Sony of indies. They don't have to do it sure but their competition is doing a lot more for devs. I'm sure indie devs wouldn't bother with Sony if they could afford to cut out the majority home console owner but they can't.

As pc being spoiled brats, they aren't screaming for first party console releases. It's nice they are coming to pc now but pc gamers well know they aren't coming to pc.

As for games not running well on pc at release, well it's kind of unacceptable when it's a product that is being charged for. Horizon wasn't acceptable at release but it has been fixed and nobody has been complaining since. Also I seem to remember cyberpunk running unacceptably at launch on console and causing an uproar so it's not just a pc thing, just far more often devs will release a shoddy pc port so happens more often. Go on twitter now and it's full on Sony fans complaint about PC and mobile getting the final fantasy pixel remasters and not consoles. It goes both ways. I really don't see where you are getting that from?

Anyway I'm not really seeing the last gen and current gen consoles stand out. Sony did had some good exclusives but there were only a handful when you compare it to previous generations or Nintendo consoles. I feel Ms and Sony are just selling you a box that plays all the games with a few exclusives hear and there. It's made the PS4 and Xbox one two of the most boring consoles of all time for me but on the other hand it's kind of a good thing that own just one of them means you aren't missing out. Switch as well for how much I like it's portability is kind of a indie machine with some nintendo games. I'll wait and see if the dual sense actual fulfils it's promise as well. I very much doubt it's going to be dpad or analogue stick levels and more so a cute extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Emp did a video on nintendo recently about corporate worship:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭McFly85

Interesting one considering their expertise - we can probably expect more PS titles ported over to PC then!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks to be that way.

60 FPS Bloodborne plz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks to be that way.

60 FPS Bloodborne plz

Not before us console peasants get it.

https://kotaku.com/playstation-is-hard-to-work-with-devs-say-1847210060

So Kotaku have a follow up from yesterday, and you can see the developers point. I had to have a look on the PS Store myself, they have a Playstation Indies section, but it's just a small list of 42 of the most popular indie games. It's actually mad that I cant browse an indie section(although I almost never play them, having only noticed I can't look for them now!).

So would they consider just not developing for PlayStation? Seems the best strategy would be to develop for PC/Switch, and think of a port if it becomes popular enough that Sony might give a shít. Also indie devs stopping developing for playstation might be the only way that Sony ever change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ghost of Tsushima: Directors Cut out 20th of August includes expansion on new island like rumoured.

Apparently if you own the original game on PS4, you can upgrade to the PS5 version for 30 quid or pay 70 for it new...

Markitron wrote: »
    Not before us console peasants get it.

As if your noob boxes could handle it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Emp did a video on nintendo recently about corporate worship:

I agree with the first half of that video, Nintendo have intentionally been embracing that 'disney of games' title they've been bestowed in all the wrong corporate bs ways (their limitation of the re-release of old titles is actually very similar to how Disney for a long time handled re-releasing their 'disney classics')

But the second half I feel loses me slightly in that it tries to peg a certain attitude problem specifically on nintendo fans when honestly it's the corporate dick worship is a common thread across all the big comapnies and I feel he get's close to this point and then backs off to refocus it on nintendo.

The point is nintendo does make good games, the vast majority of the vote ratio examples he gave where when corporations didnt make good games or made decisions that directly affected games (fallout 76, no mans sky, loot boxes in star wars) the only one that wasnt was the blizzard case.

The corporate dick worship of nintendo is no different then the worship we see for many other brands and corporations, only difference is nintendo have been proven right on game design way more often then any other corporation and have made almost consistently good games. Which allows them to be worst in every other aspect, but to pull out specifically nintendo fans and say they are the ones prolonging it when they've mostly acted no different then any other fan group, they've just had less to complain about in terms of games. That feels off base and essentially pushing a problem that seems to be affecting a sizeable majority of game fandoms and pushing it onto something that is uniquely *that fandom's problem* Gamers in general have a problem that they'll ignore every problem if they are given or promised a nice shiny.

Probably why the lack of genuine backlash to ubisoft's stint as the catholic church of gaming really riles me up.

As if your noob boxes could handle it!

You won’t be laughing when the glorious remaster comes out on PS5 later this year. I will be murdering innocent Yharnam NPCs in 4K at 60 fps whilst your sitting there playing an excel spreadsheet or whatever it is you do on them things.
    That remaster is definitely coming to PC as well, it is as close as you can get to free money for Sony
    Zero-Cool wrote: »

I seriously don’t know how people play the same game day in/day out for 10 years. I love Star Wars but I was done with SWTOR after about 8 weeks.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

All you noobs with next gen consoles and super high end PC's. Nothing can match the power of the Sega 32X!

Azza wrote: »
    All you noobs with next gen consoles and super high end PC's. Nothing can match the power of the Sega 32X!

I would kill for a 32x and a copy of Star Wars Arcade

Azza wrote: »

I see your 32X and raise you the 32X CD. The definitive way to play Corpse Killer and Night trap.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

LOL CD's and their loading times...they will never catch on...next thing they will want you to download games from that there new fangled internet all the kids are hip with these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bring back the Windows 95/98/XP era install screens IMO. The automated Steam download screen has nothing on those classic dialog boxes. Popping in the CD-ROM was the start of a sacred ritual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,889 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's a CD?

AJ4c.gif

CastorTroy wrote: »
    What's a CD?

CDs NUTZ!!!!1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    The corporate dick worship of nintendo is no different then the worship we see for many other brands and corporations

Nintendo fandom is known for it in particular. They're definitely seem to be the most faithful. It's why you see so many Nintendo and switch memes with guys freaking out with their mouths open really wide.

Nintendo fandom is known for it in particular. They're definitely seem to be the most faithful. It's why you see so many Nintendo and switch memes with guys freaking out with their mouths open really wide.

The hardcore Sony fanboys are way more obnoxious in the last few years and twitter has got it into it's algorithmic head that I want to see posts by them so I get a nice taste of it recommended to me every morning. I'm not saying Sony fans, but there is a group of them that are next level deluded.

And then there's this from today:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/02/petition-to-cancel-kojima-xbox-collabo-complains-of-betraying-fans-14865560/

Nintendo fans could be pretty bad but it's calmed down an awful lot lately.... or else is concentrated in the Smash community.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The hardcore Sony fanboys are way more obnoxious in the last few years and twitter has got it into it's algorithmic head that I want to see posts by them so I get a nice taste of it recommended to me every morning. I'm not saying Sony fans, but there is a group of them that are next level deluded.

Thats a big part of it, goddamn twitter and youtube with their broken ass algorithms which only work to point you to people who piss you off.

There's been a lot of those cries of betrayal lately on the Sony side of things, to the point I'm having weird sense of Deja vu responding to this. But to be fair the Bethesda purchase really did come as a cheap shot from Microsoft that is only sinking in since E3.

Honestly the only reason I'd be disappointed if Kojima's next game wasn't coming to PS5 is because I'd love to see what he'd do with dualsense features like the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback. Don't know if the Death Stranding Director's Cut will have PS5 upgrades like that, but could tempt me to jump back into the game.

Maaaan i don't know if psycho mantis making my joypad move on its own could ever be topped but I'd like to see Kojima try.

I probably see as many posts complaining about Sony fans as actually obnoxious Sony fan posts, but anyone who creates a change.org petition on video game exclusivity probably needs to be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I think the internet makes people more unhinged than they actually are

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I think the internet makes people more unhinged than they actually are

The internet has given everyone a voice. Some people just need to shut the f*ck up.

Advertisement