Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At least with an Assassin's Creed series it'll be easier to distinguish different timelines than season 1 of The Witcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,113 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Netflix model: throw money at every IP possible and hope something, somewhere sticks.

Yep, they will greenlight any old shìt and cancel it just as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yep, they will greenlight any old shìt and cancel it just as quick.

Still sore they cancelled I Am Not Okay with This, GLOW and Mindhunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭recyclops

yeah like a modern day quantum leap but instead of helping folk there is a weekly assassination

Oh Boy!!!!!!

recyclops wrote: »
    yeah like a modern day quantum leap but instead of helping folk there is a weekly assassination

Oh Boy!!!!!!

That sounds like genuinely the worst programme ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Read that it was more David fingers choice although I would never say never

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They cancelled GLOW? FUUUCK!

Santa Clarita Diet is my sore point. That was a brilliant show and ended on a semi-cliffhanger.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Santa Clarita Diet is my sore point. That was a brilliant show and ended on a semi-cliffhanger.

Couldn't make it past the first episode of that show. Olyphant and Barrymore were like a comedy vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

recyclops wrote: »

Oh Boy!!!!!!
    I'd say for the live action Series they would stick with one time period per season having each season based around a different Animus subject.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

daheadonu wrote: »
    Read that it was more David fingers choice although I would never say never

with a name like that , he was a #metoo waiting to happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

David Fingers: “Marge, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about my busy fingers. Not so much for myself, but I am so respected, it would damage the town to hear it.”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,848 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Assassin's Creed's lore and story is so convoluted that the only videogame lore I care less about is Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts is a veeeeeeery high bar to surmount. And I include FF13's universe in that assessment.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed's lore and story is so convoluted that the only videogame lore I care less about is Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts is a veeeeeeery high bar to surmount. And I include FF13's universe in that assessment.

I don't think I ever made it past a couple of hours of an Assassin's Creed game. They bored the shít out of me. Did the Animus framing device have any tangible effect on the games or gameplay in the series?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

with a name like that , he was a #metoo waiting to happen.
    David Fingers: “Marge, I would appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about my busy fingers. Not so much for myself, but I am so respected, it would damage the town to hear it.”

Yet oddly my mind went to it being a Mafia name. Goodfellas style intro with him playing the piano

I dunno, I thought the story was actually alright up until part 3 when they botched it by killing desmond and scuppering the future story. It was all building nicely to a game set in the future and we never got it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,848 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Has it not gotten to the point of knowing self parody where they know it's gone off the rails so just give a half arsed excuse to enjoy a new big open world in a fancy location? AKA the watchdogs 2 effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,270 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I dunno, I thought the story was actually alright up until part 3 when they botched it by killing desmond and scuppering the future story. It was all building nicely to a game set in the future and we never got it.

Yeah they stretched Desmond's story out as much as possible, then had absolutely nothing to replace it with, shoehorned something ridiculous in for a few games which ended up being resolved in a tie-in comic book, and now with Origins have started a new modern-day story thread with a new modern-day protagonist. I didn't pay much attention to it in Odyssey though. It's supposed to be a bigger part of Valhalla, but we'll see what happens.

Has it not gotten to the point of knowing self parody where they know it's gone off the rails so just give a half arsed excuse to enjoy a new big open world in a fancy location? AKA the watchdogs 2 effect.

Black flag (I havent finished it) had an out of animus section that saw you working as a game designer for an evil developer that was kinda entertaining in its own right, but I never finished it so I dont know how it panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah they listened to people online and messed things up.

• Advertisement

In more 'Gamers are scum' news, CD Projekt are getting death threats following the delay of Cyberpunk.

In more 'Gamers are scum' news, CD Projekt are getting death threats following the delay of Cyberpunk.

Yeah, i thought it was bad when people were ripping CP social media because they had the 19th already booked off work but no, dickheads had to go the whole way.

https://twitter.com/HollieB/status/1321362644830425088?s=19

It's horrific for the people getting them and clearly shouldn't be happening but death threats is just white noise news to me at this stage.

Every major or minor gaming "scandal" has death threats attached to it. Doesn't mean it's alright, it just means it's hard to be horrified about it when it seems to be a fortnightly occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I think I'd be dismissive of death threats if I got them cos I'd think "Oh, that's very easy to write" but a lot of people have had experiences make it harder shake off that kind of stuff. Certainly I'd find working a 6 day week and getting called a **** on the internet for it a little irksome.

But anybody who's worked a public facing job will know threats and intimidation are pretty routine. It's not like the internet invented it. I've had to tell customers to **** off a couple of times and my bosses accepted it because I'm generally pretty patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The entitlement in some parts of the gaming industry is bewildering at times. Sure it happens across many industries but its always a bit more pointed in gaming.

I read some of the messages last night by chance and they were seriously demented. From what I hear, things are tight enough in CD Projekt Red as it is, never mind getting death threats and pure bile.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Anytime anyone sends a death threat, the developers should announce a 1 month delay to the game and name the people who sent the threats as the people responsible for the delay so they can get the death threats sent to them instead.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Until some folk are made very public examples, including legal prosecution alongside social media expulsion, this will continue to happen online. Scrotes with no sense of consequence or common decency aren't going to understand their actions without scaring the bejesus outta them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I like that Andrej said they are reporting them, hopefully the police will be of help and actually follow up and prosecute these people. This will keep happening until others see these dicks getting prison time for this carry on, and it might make them think twice about doing it themselves. Just like that young racist that had a go at Ian Wright, example needs to be made.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1321842754377392134

Interesting stats here on the breakdown of Capcoms sales. Digital was as high as 83% for the first 6 months of the year, which I thought would have been driven by Covid, but their entire year sales last year was 80% digital, without any Covid lockdown. I'd now be very surprised to see a disc based console next gen.

Advertisement