Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

More worth it than it was yesterday but your odds of getting one are so slim

they have cunningly marked that sbc as "current totw" though i dont think they include all totws

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

chips1234 wrote: »
    they have cunningly marked that sbc as "current totw" though i dont think they include all totws

It includes all TOTW cards currently in packs, saw someone get Renato earlier

It includes all TOTW cards currently in packs, saw someone get Renato earlier

ah decent then, why do they have it as current totw then haha any ways ive got enough japanese informs to last me a lifetime from it either way

Get the clown makeup ready because I think I'm about to do the Icon pack.

I just don't trust EA to actually give out any decent SBC content in the near future, might as well take the gamble :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I HATE the fact they've put time limits on the Icon and League SBCs.

I've taken a week or so off now. Been having a blast playing AC Valhalla.

But the only thing I'm missing from Fifa is the "Fear of Missing Out". Not getting rewards today (nor next week) will mean I'm low on fodder. I feel a bit of a calling to play so I can be ready in case anything good comes out.

Which is a pissy way to feel. The joys of the old Icon SBCs was you could churn away at them over the entire game's life, even if the card's quality didn't hold up. There wasn't a constant demand to play each and every week. Its nearly weaponised the FOMO.

Which, ironically, just leaves me with zero desire to actually return. I'm not missing the stress of WL at all, and I'm hoping to kick that FOMO by just MO for two or three weeks :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Which is a pissy way to feel. The joys of the old Icon SBCs was you could churn away at them over the entire game's life, even if the card's quality didn't hold up. There wasn't a constant demand to play each and every week. Its nearly weaponised the FOMO.

EXACTLY. Back in 18 I did Maldini over the course of like 3 months just using fodder I acquired as I played. Now if I get a few high rated dupes or something I'm not going to be thinking "well that'll do 1 squad for Figo" because if I don't get enough more fodder in the next 20 days it'll all be for nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

EXACTLY. Back in 18 I did Maldini over the course of like 3 months just using fodder I acquired as I played. Now if I get a few high rated dupes or something I'm not going to be thinking "well that'll do 1 squad for Figo" because if I don't get enough more fodder in the next 20 days it'll all be for nothing.

Yeap.

I loved the months long grind to get Gullit, Best and R9. SBCs that cost 2m, but which you could chip away on for ages, making the eventual reward all the more sweet. It gave value to every card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Parawind wrote: »
    They seem like they would be fun to play with alright, but I think i'd miss the defensive security. I kind of dismissed Bellerin because of that Low defensive work rate, but if the objectives aren't too painful i might try grab him.

The 79 version, I played 200+ games with him in midfield in Div2/Div1 before I upgraded to the RTTF version last week when the price dipped. Put shadow on him and he will disrupt so much of the attacking play, still has good passing and dribbling. He won't get a load of goals or assists, but he will be the engine of your team. You will turn over possession a lot more, he just reaches the ball in situations where others can't. If you have him already test him out in a few friendlies in an alt squad and see what you think, nothing to lose.

You don’t need to sell the player to me, I’ve played 242 games with my one.
    My only concern was fitting him into the squad on full chem. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

This community is so toxic. Trying to do objectives and with 30 mins of game time to go, have skipped all celebrations and goals but the guy starts passing the ball around the back. With team press and constant pressure, I can't even get close to it..... so, we're sitting here, both wasting time that we could be using to actually get objectives.

Stay away lads

QWmZ4q4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So I discovered a new fifa rule...

Needed 4 goals with Championship players to finish the objective. Go 4-3 up (3 goals with championship), so score an OG to go to extra time, figure it would be faster than playing another full game. Score another in extra time, objective done, so decide to score 2 more OGs to give the other guy the game...turns out 3 OGs is a forfeit? And my objectives didn't count...fantastic

Blazer. Great shout on Ben Yedder! Ripping it up and I haven’t even played the 10 games to get the Hunter on him yet. 5 games 10 goals and 5 assists.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I’ve an addiction to those TOTW packs :pac: countless 81/80s from it but that one Digne I packed this morning is giving me too much hope

Are we sure the best of TOTW players can be packed from the ‘current’ TOTW pack?

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Are we sure the best of TOTW players can be packed from the ‘current’ TOTW pack?

as far as osmosis said earlier they can be, i find it strange they called it that though :D

That Deulofeu card looks decent. He'll be a nice partner for RTTF Correa.

I really hope that EA go all in on first owner objectives for swaps for various league. I've hung on to everything useful I've pack pulled and grinded all of the objective players.

Love the idea of icon SBCs, but they are a bit pointless if they are the same price as the actual icon. Why bother with the SBC if they you can just buy them and have them tradeable.

Invested in a truckload of SBC fodder, still holding some just in case we get a good flashback card, but tempted to sell up everything while it's still high. Probably have 400-500K worth and that would get me up towards Mbappe territory.

Done one! Got Hojbjerg (who I got in my red picks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I did the abc swap with the 11 red cards, all wortless cards i traded and got back 86 rashford red pick. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I’m really struggling with a tactic that suits me, custom tactics etc. Been looking at YouTube but I’m none the wiser

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jayo26 wrote: »
    I did the abc swap with the 11 red cards, all wortless cards i traded and got back 86 rashford red pick. Delighted.

Very jealous. I did the 5 player one a few weeks ago in the hopes of getting him

• Advertisement

If these are released tomorrow, can see the market going mad for rare players.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1332092411745595397?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Record breakers are coming at 6pm

Shanee. wrote: »
    I’m really struggling with a tactic that suits me, custom tactics etc. Been looking at YouTube but I’m none the wiser

There's loads of better players than me here, but I've found 4231, 41212 (wide) & 442 to be the best formations.

Keep your defensive settings on balanced. 4 width & 4 depth seems to work, but if some games your defense might sit on the halfway line no matter what. In that case you could lower the depth to 3 if you feel like it's only a matter of time before you concede. One of the CDMs/CMs has to have stay back while attacking & cut passing lanes, if not both depending on your play style. It's helpful to have a one CM push forward but it will leave you open defensively and it depends on the players you have. Change to cover center, rather than cover wing on the CDMs.

Attacking on balanced (or possibly long ball if you are playing 4-2-3-1 as it makes your LAM and RAM get in behind as you can't set this as a specific instruction). Generally leave width at 4, and players in the box on 5 or 6. If I have width on 5 or higher, it feels like my players are too spread out.

I have game plans for 4-1-2-1-2 narrow and 3-5-2 in case I feel something totally different is needed.

Last thing is that if your opponent is playing a narrow formation like 4-1-2-1-2 narrow, drop your defensive width and crowd the center. That formation is mostly used for ping pong passes between players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

After playing with IF Gomez for the past week, I think I will rebuy Van Dijk when his price drops today.

Maybe once I put him back in the team I will remember why I replaced him, but Gomez doesn't feel that much faster, doesn't block nearly as many shots and i find myself missing Van Dijk's Strength. But the real kicker was last night I realised that not only was I not scoring from Corners without him, but I have also started to concede from them too and it seemed to be Gomez getting out jumped every time.

Not going to write him off entirely, might even try partnering him with Van Dijk at some point, but for now I need to change or i'll lose my mind during WL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭dmigsy

What SR is everyone in and around? I'm bouncing between 1900-2000. Pretty much never go out of that range. Games v much higher ranked players are getting tighter. Finally beat someone >2200 last night.

Sold pretty much all my fodder to get Varane into the team. 2 games, 2 one-goal wins and 2 goals for him so far! Both goals from lofted crosses from short corners. Since I stopped scoring from near post headers this seems like the next best option from corners now.

Ooh, looks like it’s a whole record breakers “team” later on. New loading screen up with 5 record breakers - think Sancho, Falcao and Buffon are the strong rumours. Unsure of the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ooh, looks like it’s a whole record breakers “team” later on. New loading screen up with 5 record breakers - think Sancho, Falcao and Buffon are the strong rumours. Unsure of the other two.

I’ve fond memories of Falcao’s tots card back in 17 I think but who on earth will even use him nowadays??

Turns out it's just the 5 shown on screen sadly

Blazer wrote: »
    I’ve fond memories of Falcao’s tots card back in 17 I think but who on earth will even use him nowadays??

Depends on how much of a boost he gets, if it's just like a regular IF Boost then yeah it'll be pointless, but if he even gets up to 75ish Pace with great Shooting there could be something fun there

EDIT: Oh wait the loading screen already says he's an 87, so that card could look something like this:

FALCAO.png

• Advertisement

Turns out it's just the 5 shown on screen sadly

https://twitter.com/matthdgamer/status/1332324111876575235?s=21

Ronaldo, Messi and Mbappe in packs :pac:

Advertisement