Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am the Necrus - Walrus Reveal Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has best country song tournament game ever been done?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 15th place with 8 points

RasTa

Idles - Never Fight A Man With A Perm

Unlike the previous song I had high hopes for this one on seeing the title. Unfortunately… it’s just… not very good. Or at least I thought it wasn’t and then on relistens I found it really catchy. Did he just rip off These Boots Were Made for Walking in the middle of it AHAHA, yeah I vibe this. The video is just bloody amazing too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I love the song I picked, it's placement can't hurt me!

YOU CANT HURT ME NECRO

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 14th place with 9 points

S1ippy

Kid Cudi - Pursuit of Happiness

Hmmm, something tells me
    s1ippy
    is trying to tell me something with this song :D Yeah it’s a nice track. I’m not gone on the chorus at all though. It’s kind of out of kilter with the rest of the song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

No. Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:D ...I fully expect dead last in this category - mine makes fixXxers Biscuit song sound like Mozart. :p

Do iiiiiiiiiiiitttt! :pac:

In 13th place with 10 points

Eagles Fan, Tusk

The Eagles - Witchy Woman

Now this is fun times. Love this track and I’m grooving away to it here myself :D

In 12th place with 11 points
    JP Liz V1

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life - Monty Python

Haha, no denying it’s a very fun time song… that’s until you put it into the context of the video :eek::eek::eek:

Nice entry here though.

In 11th place with 12 points.
    Deja Boo
    Hicktown - Jason Aldean

Funky groovy country, yeah I can dig this. Songs seriously ramping up in fun times now!!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    :D ...I fully expect dead last in this category - mine makes fixXxers Biscuit song sound like Mozart. :p

Do iiiiiiiiiiiitttt! :pac:

What was the biscuit song???

• Advertisement

Put your bisquits in the oven ;)

In 10th place with 13 points
    Trigger
    Dance of the Clairvoyants - Pearl Jam

This started up really high in the list but after a few listens other songs just nudged ahead of it. Definitely the best Pearl Jam track I’ve heard mind, really liked this one.

Necro wrote: »
    Put your bisquits in the oven ;)

Ah the unappreciated masterpiece of satire

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Really not confident with this round, couldn't think of anything and what I randomly selected is well....

In 9th place with 14 points
    LeVar
    The Shires – Guilty

This is a clever nod to a certain SURLAW when I picked a song from these guys as my top pick ;) Nails the category absolutely perfectly, I have to say. The song is a bit TOO sugary sweet though. I’m being nitpicky because I love this. I really liked all the songs above it too and had to try and find reasons for ranking though :D

In 8th place with 15 points
    Rikand-san
    Michael Gray : The Weekend

Great track this, and the chorus is a motto most of us Monday to Friday workers absolutely live by.

In 7th place with 16 points
    JohnGreenFan
    Taylor Swift – 22

I mean the temptation to put a song named 22, in a fun times category, with 22 entrants as number 22 was massively tempting. But… this entrant is lucky I’m a big Tay Tay fan. Happy, free, confused and lonely in the best way, pretty much describes a lot of us right now :pac:

If there's a loving God, it never will be.

In 6th place with 17 points
    The purple tin
    ZZ Top: Sharp Dressed Man

You’d imagine now after repeated listens for two categories that I’d be sick to the back teeth of this song. Nope, absolutely not, it’s brilliant and entered excellently by both contenders. Great choice.

In 5th place with 18 points

Gru

Taio Cruz - Dynamite

Choon! I mean there isn’t much to dislike about this up tempo, awesome track. Absolutely fits this category to a tee.

• Advertisement

In 4th place with 19 points
    Irish Aris
    Guns’N’Roses – Sweet Child O’Mine

Ara lookit, you could probably submit this in any eligible category and I’d rank it in the top 5 without blinking. So many good memories attached to this song for me personally. Top choice. Just nudged out of the top 3 by some absolutely quality tracks.

And that brings us to our final 6…

familiar territory for some....
    Kolido
    Clarabel
    Mustang shelly
    Green&Red
    fixXxer
    Osh

FlusteredHelpfulHawk-size_restricted.gif

In 20th place with 3 points, and definitely striking me off their Christmas card list
    Osh

The Breeders - Saints

This is just getting back to what I was saying earlier. Perfectly fine song but I’m just not seeing it fitting the category in the way I envisaged. Sorry… (again)

fixXxer wrote: »
    If there's a loving God, it never will be.

Be honest get out your stetson hat and boots :p

In 3rd place with 20 points
    Green&Red

JC Stewart - I need you to hate me

I had some minor reservations about a song with the word ‘Hate’ in the title being submitted to a fun time category – but you know what, this is just an amazing track. Makes sense in the context of the song and I’m just loving every minute I’m listening to it.

Necro wrote: »
    In 5th place with 18 points

Gru

Taio Cruz - Dynamite

Choon! I mean there isn’t much to dislike about this up tempo, awesome track. Absolutely fits this category to a tee.

Whatever happened to him, great song btw

In 21st place with 2 points
    Clarabel

Monsters - Ruelle

Kicks off with rather dark and ominous beats… doesn’t really get much lighter. Again a decent track but the Monster project definitely failed the fun time test.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Whatever happened to him, great song btw

I really liked his song with Kylie Minogue and Break Your Heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Clarabel you should have chosen The Monster Mash for a fun song :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2PoSljk8cE

• Advertisement

In 2nd place with 21 points

Kolido

Nickelback – This Afternoon

Yeah yeah yeah Nickelback suck – only they don’t, and they have some fantastic tunes. This is up there with my faves, and it sort of just flew to near the top of the pile and absolutely stayed here, with the exception of one song.... On point with the theme, I love the track anyways – yep, I’m happy with my decision :P

Advertisement