Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land with no entitlements

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

Average dairy DP now just above 20,000

If greening percentage of this is anywhere in the 30 to 50% bracket, and derogation lads loosing that portion, they will just use it to rent land and get out of derogation.

The land war that will ensue will surpass anything the country has seen in the past..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

morphy87 wrote: »
    So if I were to lease say 40 acres I would have to apply to the national reserve and if you did this how much an acre do you reckon I should get going on previous years? So just say it was 100 an acre then I would get a 25 percent tip up which would be 125? Will there be a national reserve this spring do you think?

It's 25%if the national average. The Irish average is much the same as the EU average at about 270/HA top up is about 65 euro Inc greening AFAIR.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 18,232 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

alps wrote: »
    Push from where Bass? Europe, dept, farm orgs?

The push is coming from Europe firstly. Next with the national carbon footprint there is a push from government with the greens in it. Previous reconfiguration of CAP in general had a huge IFA input but not this time I expect.
    Previously the dept used things like taking wetlands and overgrown land out of the system to keep a lit on money going to convergence and to save higher entitlements. However as we see there is a move away from forcing the spraying of rushes etc, as well hedges and habitats were destroyed to save payments by farmers. This time I expect a change in mindset and see payments redirected towards these

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

The push is coming from Europe firstly. Next with the national carbon footprint there is a push from government with the greens in it. Previous reconfiguration of CAP in general had a huge IFA input but not this time I expect.
    Previously the dept used things like taking wetlands and overgrown land out of the system to keep a lit on money going to convergence and to save higher entitlements. However as we see there is a move away from forcing the spraying of rushes etc, as well hedges and habitats were destroyed to save payments by farmers. This time I expect a change in mindset and see payments redirected towards these

I see a redirection towards these measures for sure Bass, but it's the push as you say, for derogation farners to loose the greening portion?? That's new..

Teagasc historically have had the greatest impact on where payments headed. Theybsupplied "the science" Maybe the question was, whinhad their ear. To date, the measures have been to protect output.

It seemed like the proposed measures of increased care with runoff from roadways and yards, LESS, and rewilding of designated lesser used corners would pull this one through, and focus for pollution was to be focused on those who were taking obvious measures to stay out if derogation..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I understood the lowering of limits for which derogation applied was to bring more into the net of checks, those exporting slurry etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

alps wrote: »
    Average dairy DP now just above 20,000

If greening percentage of this is anywhere in the 30 to 50% bracket, and derogation lads loosing that portion, they will just use it to rent land and get out of derogation.

The land war that will ensue will surpass anything the country has seen in the past..

I have a feeling the stocking rates may not be touched just lower limits applied on N applied per ha.
    To the high appliers /ha it'll mean same thing they'll need more land. To the low appliers and efficient users they'll stay the same unaffected.

(Well I friggen hope so or else my exercise this year will have been in vain even though I saved 5k in fert this year while still in derogation.)
    Ye listening dept!! Efficiencies can be made without touching stocking rate and enhancing soil health. :pac:
    Win hoopdy win.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,169 ✭✭✭✭Water John

I have a feeling the stocking rates may not be touched just lower limits applied on N applied per ha.
    To the high appliers /ha it'll mean same thing they'll need more land. To the low appliers and efficient users they'll stay the same unaffected.

(Well I friggen hope so or else my exercise this year will have been in vain even though I saved 5k in fert this year while still in derogation.)
    Ye listening dept!! Efficiencies can be made without touching stocking rate and enhancing soil health. :pac:
    Win hoopdy win.

Teagasc need to take you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Water John wrote: »
    Teagasc need to take you on.

I'll hopefully be meeting my advisor face to face sometime with my dero records and I'll be having words.
    And foliar doesn't mean dissolved urea has to be added.

Advertisement