Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways to leave Whatsapp groups

Options
  • 14-09-2020 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I think we are/were all in Whatsapp group that are a chore or have become toxic.
    Groups that you should be in but no longer want to be in. What are handy excuses to leave these negative groups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

just leave nobody will care

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Mute the conversations. No one will know any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think we are/were all in Whatsapp group that are a chore or have become toxic.
    Groups that you should be in but no longer want to be in. What are handy excuses to leave these negative groups?

Seems like a desperate situation. Fake a suicide?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

50 ways to leave your lover Whatsapp group

You just slip out the back, Jack
    Make a new plan, Stan
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    You don't need to discuss much
    Just drop off the key, Lee
    And get yourself free

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Post up a few of the big guy, with his little guy hanging out. You'll be kicked out in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I just have all mine on mute all the time. Pop in for a nosey when I'm bored.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Make a new plan, Stan
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    And get yourself free

Exactly what I thought of, when I saw the thread title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I just outright deleted it.

Last house share I was in, before it basically became a substitute for passive aggressive post it notes on the fridge.

Can't be dealing with that nonsense.

• Site Banned Posts: 41 Laughing with Me

Last house share I was in, before it basically became a substitute for passive aggressive post it notes on the fridge.
    You mean to say you'd stick notes for the people in the house on the fridge instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Just go to the settings and mute notifications for one year. When the year is up, repeat.

No need to leave, it's discreet and my secret weapon in the war on bullsh1t.

Good luck op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I've only been in one group, of football fans, and I like nearly everyone in it, but one there got on my wick and stuff in real life was playing on my mind so I said some swear word or another and left. As has already been said, I dare say the lads in the group couldn't have given a flying fcuk I left! It's not really a big deal is it?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

You mean to say you'd stick notes for the people in the house on the fridge instead?

I never did anyways. Except that one time years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

There needs to be a way to report the users who send in some toxic content.

Some of the stuff would give you PTSD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I’d say just leave, the big groups of mates tend to have very little information worth knowing. WhatsApp is like a lot of things on the internet, very useful but with a huge amount of background noise. I have no audible alerts on mine so only see them when I pick up the phone.

Tell them all to **** off individually and post this gif.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭HotDudeLife

Just leave, had to leave one recently due to one the lads continuously posting pics/vids of the birds they were banging.

No one cares if you leave

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

It’s not an airport, no need to make a departure announcement

;) but honestly just leave, no one will care if they do just say it was too distracting or wasn’t of interest anymore, time is precious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Tap into the group - 3 dots top right - group info - scroll to the bottom - exit group.

And even simpler you can long press the group on your chat list - 3 dots - exit group.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Just go to the settings and mute notifications for one year. When the year is up, repeat.

No need to leave, it's discreet and my secret weapon in the war on bullsh1t.

Good luck op

Problem is even though there isn't a notification for that, it still will appear as unread messages ....
    pain in the arse, I just archive the f*ck out of them, I wish whatsapp would give an option of silently leaving a group ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Just leave, had to leave one recently due to one the lads continuously posting pics/vids of the birds they were banging.

No one cares if you leave

Paddy Jackson wha?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Make a new plan, Stan
    Just get yourself free
    Hop on the bus, Gus
    And get yourself free
    what are the other 45 ways i only counted 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭highdef

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Tap into the group - 3 dots top right - group info - scroll to the bottom - exit group.

And even simpler you can long press the group on your chat list - 3 dots - exit group.

PERFECT answer and unarguably answers the OP's question

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

beertons wrote: »
    Post up a few of the big guy, with his little guy hanging out. You'll be kicked out in no time.

Might start a trend :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I deleted my WhatsApp for the exact same reason, moved to telegram. All my family are on telegram and everyone else can text me if they have my number but I'm noticing lots of new contracts on telegram lately, it's getting popular

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is there a way to permanently hide the chat?

I've several groups on mute but find when I see unread messages I feel the need to treat it like zero inbox email and clear them, however if it was out of sight it would be out of mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If I am admin on the group and anyone leaves I just re-invite them to the group, to wreck heads like.

" You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Godeatsboogers

'B5, and I'm outie, 5000' then leave group

• Registered Users Posts: 40 woodenwonder

I agree just leave nobody will care.

If you can't for whatever reason, mute.
    Failing that leave load sof groups and tell people you're trying to cut out what's app cos your spending too much time on your phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Just post this gif and then leave.

dODC4OQAKMGj.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Set your alarm clock for 2.27 am and gtfo out of the group. No one will bother writing in the mor ing and it will be forgotten about by midday

Advertisement