Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭IgoPAP

Fedonezo wrote: »
    What time was your interview at today if you don’t mind me asking?

Afternoon! Literally got a call an hour later from the interview lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭law987

Mine was 11:30 still nothing. Time to give up? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LawCandidate

law987 wrote: »
    Mine was 11:30 still nothing. Time to give up? 😂
    Mine was this morning too, feel like giving up alright

Mine was this morning too, feel like giving up alright

Keep the faith! You've done great to get this far, and they're probably still calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Any word from Hayes?

• Advertisement

RDJ interviews out, but no date yet

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

law987 wrote: »
    RDJ interviews out, but no date yet

Are they interviews for Dublin or Cork?

Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Fe1forthefun

Anyone hear anything after DE 2nd round?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LawStudent125

Hey, have people with a McCann interview tomorrow received the e-mail with the interview link? I haven't received mine yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Would anyone have any tips on applications in general/what to include in a cover letter to some smaller firms?

I have 7 FE1's passed and sat my last in the recent sitting, a high 2:1 undergrad, decent LC results, and some work experience working as a legal assistant but still no luck thus far in any of the milkrounds with some of the bigger firms. I thought my applications were decent, considering the little information some of them allow you to provide.

Really contemplating sending out cover letters/CV's to some local firms and offering to work for free in the hope they might take me on as a trainee for the 2021 intake...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 azee76

Anyone else finished their individual interviews with Arthur Cox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LawInterview

azee76 wrote: »
    Anyone else finished their individual interviews with Arthur Cox?

I did mine. When are offers being sent out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LawStudents23

I did mine. When are offers being sent out?

They told me at the end I would hear really soon, but they didn't give a specific time frame!

They said they have an agreement with other the law firms to send out offers on the 27th, in order to make it easier for applicants. I don't know if that means if we do or do not get a call soon to simply inform us that we were successful.

Does anyone have experience of this? Are people informed they were successful before they get an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Still not word from RDJ Dublin, Hayes or freshfields?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LawStudents23

Any word from Pinsent Masons?

So, how does everyone think they did in the AC individual interview?

So, how does everyone think they did in the AC individual interview?

They're still holding interviews on Monday 23rd!

IgoPAP wrote: »

How many people are being interviewed?

• Advertisement

If that's the case then based on the timeline of previous years, they'll call people for offers on Friday the 27th. PFOs the week after.

How many people are being interviewed?

This would be interesting if anyone has an educated guess - how many second round interviewees and how many potential offers?

This would be interesting if anyone has an educated guess - how many second round interviewees and how many potential offers?

I heard somewhere that the big firms get around 1000-1500 applications a year. Might be wrong.

Arthur Cox invited less than 15 percent of applicants to the group interview this time.

However, the graduate recruiter did say that technically, every person doing a group interview could be invited for the individual interview, if the interviewers are impressed by everyone. Obviously, there are going to be people who aren't successful at the group stage, but ascertaining the exact figure there isn't easy.

Also, there are people interviewing for traineeships beginning multiple years from now, so you may be competing with less people than you think.

40-50 in each intake and not everyone who did the group interview got an individual one is what I was told

Let's say 120 for the group interview, cut that in half for the individuals. So 60 people competing for 40 places? Not bad odds

Let's say 120 for the group interview, cut that in half for the individuals. So 60 people competing for 40 places? Not bad odds

They take 40-50 for each year of intake though right? So 40-50 for each one of 2022, 23, 24 and so on.

Anyone get an offers yet or anymore PFOs from anywhere?

They take 40-50 for each year of intake though right? So 40-50 for each one of 2022, 23, 24 and so on.

Yes but 2022 is probably already full and anything past 2024 is probably too far away to recruit.

When did the people interviewing on Monday get invited to interview? I was told the individual interviews were yesterday and today when I was invited on Monday.

• Advertisement

Apart from Matheson, are any other applications opening up?

Advertisement