Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest tractor of the late 80's ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Farm I did my 3 months "placement" on had a Massey 188 Multi-power.
    A lot faster than the Deere 2140 they had.
    Steering wasn't the most accurate, you'd need to have taken your brave pills to open her up in top on the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭selectamatic

International 784 2wd was the quickest trying I drove of that era. Gears up high in the left hand side.

A young fella from down the south east had videos up of his 784 on fb earlier on this year doing supposedly 52km/h looked to be a flyer if a thing.

All depends on what diff and gearbox ratios were spec'd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Yea it's a 35 k box. Mine does 40 at least ,tho may have got screw up befure my time but

I know a lad that has one that does 40k plus and 4th gear is where 3rd gear should be and vice versa.
    So it’s :

1 3
    2 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭Jb1989

20silkcut wrote: »
    I know a lad that has one that does 40k plus and 4th gear is where 3rd gear should be and vice versa.
    So it’s :

1 3
    2 4

Correct. 25 km versus 35 km had 3 and 4 the opposite way around.

Advertisement