Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Options

Comments

Muay Thai schmu thai.

As you yourself pointed out, the disco heyday was long before Mr. McGregor would have been on the scene. He therefore could not have gained the requisite experience. He can have all the muay thai he likes. Not worth a shite against polished disco moves.

What about chip shop fighting?

A lot of fights happen there on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

As chip shops are home to the art of "battering" I think the title of world chip shop fighting champion would hold a lot of credibility. Who would not want to watch the world chip shop champion up against the world taxi rank argument champion.

I don't think Conner ranks in indoor fighting, disco or otherwise, the last filmed appearance against the old boy at the bar was a disappointment, no knock out it what first seemed an uneven contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    As chip shops are home to the art of "battering" I think the title of world chip shop fighting champion would hold a lot of credibility. Who would not want to watch the world chip shop champion up against the world taxi rank argument champion.

I don't think Conner ranks in indoor fighting, disco or otherwise, the last filmed appearance against the old boy at the bar was a disappointment, no knock out it what first seemed an uneven contest.

What was never made public at the time was that the old man at the bar was the 1975 national disco funky moves champion.

McG may indeed possibly have some past chip shop experience but it's probably not recent enough to be of use. These fellas nowadays tend to go for the protein shakes and fancy meals etc. So he's probably out of chipper shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What was never made public at the time was that the old man at the bar was the 1975 national disco funky moves champion.

McG may indeed possibly have some past chip shop experience but it's probably not recent enough to be of use. These fellas nowadays tend to go for the protein shakes and fancy meals etc. So he's probably out of chipper shape.

The camera didn’t show what happened earlier, Conor was busting some fairly farmer dance moves when the old guy walked up and served him what I can only describe as moves worthy of a seventies disco champion....conors only answer to the serve was to lash out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Great news that Conor vs Poirer will be in November or December. His beard should be back grown by then. If he turned up looking like a new born baby which is how he looks now Dustin would eat him alive like a boss tomcat eats his cute kitten newborn babies.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,093 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Great news that Conor vs Poirer will be in November or December. His beard should be back grown by then. If he turned up looking like a new born baby which is how he looks now Dustin would eat him alive like a boss tomcat eats his cute kitten newborn babies.

User is permanently banned from the MMA forum and is now taking this thread off topic by discussing MMA rather than the arrest

Now threadbanned here

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Were these charges dropped, does anyone know? I see everyone is talking about his charity work now (A fight for charity) the same way everyone discussed his charity for building houses for homeless in Ireland (also during assault allegations last year). Say what you like about him but he knows how to change his headlines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

He'll be fighting Ted à la Ray D'Arcy on the Telethon in a year or two once all of his commercial contracts have dried up. Fairly soon he'll be going from being a "has-been" to a "washed up has-been."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

He'll be fighting Ted à la Ray D'Arcy on the Telethon in a year or two once all of his commercial contracts have dried up. Fairly soon he'll be going from being a "has-been" to a "washed up has-been."

He’s probably worth 100m. I’d be willing to bet you’re wrong.

He’s probably worth 100m. I’d be willing to bet you’re wrong.
    How much was Mike Tyson worth in his heyday? A hell of a lot more than McTapper anyway. Prominent athletes lose their fortunes after retiring all the time. All the time. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

• Advertisement

How much was Mike Tyson worth in his heyday? A hell of a lot more than McTapper anyway. Prominent athletes lose their fortunes after retiring all the time. All the time. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. :D

Imagine being mcgregor, the bulk of his net worth cam from punch and judy fight with mayweather

If I had that kind of money I would look to disappear from the media / public consciousness and try and put the money to good use helping worthwhile causes.

He had his window with the khabib fight

Khabib goes out on top tonight and where is McGregor? Flogging grog. He’s officially a hasbeen.

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Were these charges dropped, does anyone know? I see everyone is talking about his charity work now (A fight for charity) the same way everyone discussed his charity for building houses for homeless in Ireland (also during assault allegations last year). Say what you like about him but he knows how to change his headlines.

There can be a variety of reasons why a charge and then prosecution doesn’t go ahead straight away- so he hasn’t “changed” headlines-

Not speaking specifically about MCG but in general Irish news outlets are very restricted around what they can report in advance of charges being brought against someone compared to say US media - so it’s only “if” charges are brought by the DPP against a person will you see anything new reported

• Registered Users Posts: 5,018 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Never got the hatred myself. Fair enough he looks and act like a pig , but there is something honest about his life. He comes from a fairly rough background and has done well for himself, I think that pisses some types off the most. We can all really be just kissing his rich ass, he made every penny himself and good luck to him.

He is not my type of person, but I would not be crossing or disrespecting him either. He is a self made man, I think that bugs the haters the most.

If he has done a crime he must do his time, like us all. I would say chokey in Corsica is fairly nasty mid summer. Hot as hell and throw in the mozzi's and cockroaches, worse than an Alexander Dumas novel. Lets hope he bumps into Abbé Farie, for his sanity alone.

He doesn't come from a rough background ffs. He had a stable uneventful upbringing which makes his tosser behaviour and associating with scum like the Kinahans all the more inexplicable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Conor McGregor and Dee Devlin announce pregnancy news in lovely Instagram post.

The couple announced that a third baby is on the way in a heartwarming Christmas Instagram post.

0_IMG_8990.jpg

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-dee-devlin-announce-23218933

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Conor McGregor and Dee Devlin announce pregnancy news in lovely Instagram post.

The couple announced that a third baby is on the way in a heartwarming Christmas Instagram post.

0_IMG_8990.jpg

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-dee-devlin-announce-23218933

Thats lovely that he’s expecting his 7th/8th....etc... child (3rd with his fiancé) , congrats.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I feel sorry for his fiance Dee; I think that is her name is? I really don't know what attracts her to this multi-millionaire in the first place. Ijust can't work it out...

She was with him when he was penniless tbf.

And now she has about 100 million reasons to stay. Even if he is off with half the women of crumlin/liverpool etc.. , her outcome is still magnitudes better than almost any women coming from her socio economic background.

Indeed. Can't blame her for turning a blind eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

And now she has about 100 million reasons to stay. Even if he is off with half the women of crumlin/liverpool etc.. , her outcome is still magnitudes better than almost any women coming from her socio economic background.

Indeed. Can't blame her for turning a blind eye.

Jesus, what kind of dysfunction is that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

She has about 50 million reasons to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

dubrov wrote: »
    She has about 50 million reasons to leave

I don't think they're married.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Why do you think they're not married ???
    Doesn't suit our Conor .
    She would be entitled to half if they were ,and if he hadn't put in place an agreement .
    If and its a big if , they do get married you can be damn sure his lawyers will be earning their corn , to have in place an agreement that will suit him and especially his finances .
    You would think that after 3 kids they would want to be married ???
    Still half of over 100 million is enough reason not to want to ������

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Makes her an even bigger gob****e tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Trying to make himself as big as possible for that family picture, you can nearly feel him tensing up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Wow, 8am Christmas morning and the drivel that’s coming out yer mouths, have ye nothing better to do on Christmas morning than slate some woman?
    Sad to be honest, whatever ye think of him what has she ever done?
    As far as I can see she keeps herself to herself and gets on with life.
    And ye make assumptions about their relationship that I presume ye are holding them to the same values you apply to yours, when in reality ye don’t have a clue what kind of relationship they have .

Sad.

XsApollo wrote: »
    Wow, 8am Christmas morning and the drivel that’s coming out yer mouths, have ye nothing better to do on Christmas morning than slate some woman?
    And ye make assumptions about their relationship that I presume ye are holding them to the same values you apply to yours, when in reality ye don’t have a clue what kind of relationship they have .

Sad.

Dont think anyones slating her, saying the money is the only reason to stay is more an indictment of him than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

They are cohabitating so it doesn't matter a whole lot that they aren't married. She will be entitled under law to a share of his assets if they were to break up. What "assets" he actually has in his ownership and where they are located is worth bearing in mind. If he had availed of any half decent financial advice along the way then much of his earnings would have been kept at arms length and no doubt through trusts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Ahh matching crimbo pyjamas, so sweet, the dog seems to think it’s a bit cringe though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,510 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

XsApollo wrote: »

Sad.

Don't think anyone is slating her but she must be very naive if she wasn't asking questions about the pics and stories about him and various other women.

It's hard not to think if he was an ordinary Joe Soap she would be gone long ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement