Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump to appear on tonight's Late Late Show

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sorry that is the worst Late Late in a long time.

Terrible - the show is struggling without an audience.

You think an audience is the difference?😅

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nos da, folks!

Stay safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Jane Fonda and Mary Trump were interesting. The rest of the show was dull and boring. Very disappointed. Needs to do better.
    Maybe we should all E-Mail the producers of The Late Late. It's time it got a new presenter someone who wants to make it great again and get rid of Tubridy he is so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tubridy never asked about her suing the state?

Never discussed that back then these things were not illegal..

One way one sided interview..

Terrible what happened, but she is one if so so so many people failed by the state...

Can we all sue now?

I got smacked as a young child in school...just saying..

35 years later this came to our attention..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

gmisk wrote: »
    The misery DJ is definitely not Tubs.
    It is 100 percent Joe Duffy and it is utterly spectacularly spot on

Think Joe got the hint recently - that he had got a bit of a God like complex, if anyone ever questioned him or his show he would go nuts. There was a female presenter there for a while - and she stole his show. She was very good more balanced.

Joe is completely self agenda driven - he claims the show is all as it arrives, but the mask is off - very selective, no time for reasoned debate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I remember when I was flying in the 80s, somebody stupidly tried to fly from Dublin airport to Weston to uptake the cheap fuel there but ran out half way and ended up forced down on a field in the grounds of a mother & baby home. I was in my twenties then, absolutely stunned to learn that I had been flying back and forth over an institution that was there to incarcerate girls just like myself in a certain circumstance... as I flew free as a bird in my hired aircraft.

My dad used to fly out of Iona in the early 80s before moving out to Weston for, as you said, the cheaper fuel, cheaper fees and not having to wait 45mins for clearance because you'd be sharing a runway with the main airport!

AMKC wrote: »
    Jane Fonda and Mary Trump were interesting. The rest of the show was dull and boring. Very disappointed. Needs to do better.
    Maybe we should all E-Mail the producers of The Late Late. It's time it got a new presenter someone who wants to make it great again and get rid of Tubridy he is so boring.

Do you ever hear his morning radio show? :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

The shítter the show, the better the thread.

A pleasure as always.

Buenas noches!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The Late Late show is like The Simpsons....no matter how bad it gets, it wont be cancelled...

It just keeps going....on and on and on....same sh1te different week...

And you all lap it up because of the coked up Toy man once a year....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

1984 was also the year 14 year old Anne Lovett died giving birth in a grotto in Longford. Awful times.

Thankfully things have changed. And I'm not Catholic bashing. It was a societal malaise.

• Advertisement

Do you ever hear his morning radio show? :(:(:(

I'm honest - listening to RTE Radio 35 years - and Ryan has the easiest slot in the history of RTE - ok maybe Ronan Collins is ahead - but Ronan Collins doesn't count, because nobody understands his slot at all - as it is untouchable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

gmisk wrote: »
    The misery DJ is definitely not Tubs.
    It is 100 percent Joe Duffy and it is utterly spectacularly spot on

Miserappalling, Jaysus, I think I've died and gone to heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Great summer in '95. Got a great tan that year.

My daughter was born that August. I'd been working on a roof and came home to get a photo taken with the 4 generations. My daughter, me, my father and his mother. On viewing the printed pic, my granny exclaimed, "Jaysus you're like a pakistani.". They were all pink compared to me.
    Fancy recording box but will always be VCR to me :D

Taping, AD , Taping. Even if it's onto a HDD or SSD it's still taping.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Think Joe got the hint recently - that he had got a bit of a God like complex, if anyone ever questioned him or his show he would go nuts. There was a female presenter there for a while - and she stole his show. She was very good more balanced.

Joe is completely self agenda driven - he claims the show is all as it arrives, but the mask is off - very selective, no time for reasoned debate.

Katie Hannon was excellent on Liveline.Joe Duffy is dire.There was a caller on today who was discussing her daughter's Leaving Cert results and was going to bring up something, possibly dubious about UCD relating to their Vetinary course.He cut her off immediately when she mentioned UCD.Definitely censorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sligojoek wrote: »
    Taping, AD , Taping. Even if it's onto a HDD or SSD it's still taping.

And if you got the tape free with £20 of petrol in Esso back in the day you are still laughing :D

The shítter the show, the better the thread.

A pleasure as always.

Buenas noches!

The thread is on a seriously upward trend at present I just think the thread is getting

Times Better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,535 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I want billions and billions as my ringtone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Just on dublin ....

I’ve been involved in the gaa for many years and I’ve lots of contacts at different levels of the association

I’ve heard numerous stories of the rudeness, arrogance, clueless ness, self delusion, ignorance of the dublin footballers over the years

But one story that’s always stuck with me is that Jim Gavin admitted in a private setting to other inter county managers that he hadn’t a hope of winning the all Ireland’s without the extremely unfair financial doping arrangements that dublin have. He apparently jokingly said “I hope there’s no journalists or RTÉ ppl here” when he admitted it.

It has always stuck with me.

You’re a great stayer with that story. Good man. You never did say if you were a member of the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭SeedySam22

We all know Tubs is a poor presenter but is he a less poor presenter with no audience, appears less nervous - which is positive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Finally the Late Late Show has got the audience it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Imagine Tubridy had a presenting buddy.
    walshb wrote: »
    Ray D’Arcy!!!

Ying and yang.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

2011. All Star awards. Dublin players were put on the same table as Wexford players. Wexford players showed up to table, one of the Dublin players: "Sorry guys, who are ye?". Even though we played against each other that year.

Your actually coming across as a typical Dub. Clueless about anything else. "Gwan Dermo" as Eric Lowndes comes on

sure how would anyone know - recognise any Wexford footballers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    sure how would anyone know - recognise any Wexford footballers ?

Well if you were playing against them in the Leinster final that year, you'd surely make an effort to recognise them. Between the video analysis, and media previews etc., you'd be putting a face to the names.

Pure Dublin arrogance is all it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Well if you were playing against them in the Leinster final that year, you'd surely make an effort to recognise them. Between the video analysis, and media previews etc., you'd be putting a face to the names.

Pure Dublin arrogance is all it is.

Dublin have a second string which is better than most counties , against lowly wexford , the all star players wouldnt need to play

Advertisement