Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump to appear on tonight's Late Late Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, nobody forced this lady not to be the baby’s mother...

She absolutely could have kept her baby..

Her family, her peers,her employers all against her. Young woman,different times. Would have been very difficult I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I feel very sorry for this woman, she was clearly taken advantage of by very evil people

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Ryan is tone deaf here, there's a way to talk to this woman without traumatising all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

And yet if you had a child out of wedlock, you were the criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I find her completely sincere.

Fair enough...I just don’t feel it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,693 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I remember when I was flying in the 80s, somebody stupidly tried to fly from Dublin airport to Weston to uptake the cheap fuel there but ran out half way and ended up forced down on a field in the grounds of a mother & baby home. I was in my twenties then, absolutely stunned to learn that I had been flying back and forth over an institution that was there to incarcerate girls just like myself in a certain circumstance... as I flew free as a bird in my hired aircraft.

Wow. You must have been one a few very rich people in Ireland during that time being able to fly even if your aircraft was hired. I was only a child during the 80s so do not remember much from it except for music really.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Painful interview. Totally shameful way to treat anyone.

Catholic Ireland just fcuking die.
    I wouldn't worry it slowly is tbh.
    It's a shame they still have such control over schools as well as some hospitals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Poor woman. Tubridy seems a bit too excited, trying to make her as miserable as possible for TV. "Were you crying then like you are crying now?" What a stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Was yer man charged for 'having relations' with her?

I don’t know the answer ,but based on the Ireland of the time,I’d wager he didn’t even get a slap on the wrist (or verbal equivalent)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,681 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I don’t think posters on here who criticise a band like the academic have any understanding of modern indie/rock music. Even picture this create some decent music, and their delivery of them is great. Also the coronas have got better with every album. Prefer to listen to this than the Rolling Stones of yesteryear. Tho I cannot stand the Hozier and Gavin Blake that they put on this show, totally depressing nerds.

Which member of the academic are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

A lot of them seem to have imported the worst elements of English soccer fans behaviour.

Come on like - jaysus.

Sport is working class - deal with it.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Something odd here...

I just am not buying the emotion/tears...

Your lack of empathy is stunning.

Her genuine sincerity is as clear as day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,094 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

A lot of them seem to have imported the worst elements of English soccer fans behaviour.

And then you'd wonder why I am apprehensive

• Registered Users Posts: 16,119 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Something odd here...

I just am not buying the emotion/tears...

I can't understand this. There was a profound lack of empathy shown to this woman. How can this not move you?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

Is there anyone in this show who is not flogging a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Poor woman. Tubridy seems a bit too excited, trying to make her as miserable as possible for TV. "Were you crying then like you are crying now?" What a stupid question.

Isn’t that fella that made savage eye related to old Tubs....., I wonder where he got the inspiration for the misery DJ from..... I’ve no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 54,775 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I can't understand this. There was a profound lack of empathy shown to this woman. How can this not move you?

I absolutely empathise with her..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

I think Tubridy thinks he's doing a great cathartic interview here.

Rather than coldly dissecting someone's life story.

A week in Ashford Castle should absorb that and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

In fairness it was a completely different time....what happened her (how she was treated)would be completely illegal these days.....hard to comprehend just how utterly things have changed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

NOT CARK!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Will Yam wrote: »

For some reason Ryan reminded me of the famous chatshow host Ricky Whitelaw when he held up the book to the camera

https://www.google.ie/search?q=ricky+whitelaw+book&prmd=nisv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiR0euxlOLrAhXyoFwKHRsRB0gQ_AUoAnoECAoQAg&biw=360&bih=560&dpr=4#imgrc=a8alHb219NaGuM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

screamer wrote: »
    ....., I wonder where he got the inspiration for the misery DJ from..... I’ve no idea

Joe Duffy, but Tubs went full Joe Duffy there so he may as well have been the inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Sorry that is the worst Late Late in a long time.

Terrible - the show is struggling without an audience.

screamer wrote: »
    Isn’t that fella that made savage eye related to old Tubs....., I wonder where he got the inspiration for the misery DJ from..... I’ve no idea
    The misery DJ is definitely not Tubs.
    It is 100 percent Joe Duffy and it is utterly spectacularly spot on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Will Yam wrote: »

The owl.
    Oh sorry.
    My Struggle With Drink And Drugs. In good book shops now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

With or without, it's dire.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

And guests.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    On fairness it was a completely different time....what happened her (how she was treated)would be completely illegal these days.....hard to comprehend just how utterly things have changed....

Virtually the whole of society bought into those mores. It was normal ordinary everyday thinking that the majority people agreed with, with the odd dissenter who was usually thought to be depraved. Still I remember being shocked at the time at the continued existence of mother & baby homes, although it was put to me that these existed for the greater good.

• Advertisement

Will it ever hit the dizzying heights of the Valentine's or Country music episodes ever again....

Advertisement