Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great Reset

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,492 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There's gonna be a big fight there, there's already a push back regarding cashless, people aren't stupid, it 'll be a while before we 're completely cashless, if at all

Indeed. There's currently a few social media pages on the go urging people to boycott businesses that don't accept cash. Part of the problem with these pages is that people don't know what 'legal tender' is and they try to say that businesses can't refuse cash as it's legal tender. This is untrue but it flies over people's heads when anyone tries to explain it.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Maybe in the same way they got billions of people to go into lockdown for months

...but everyone knew about that!?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

sydthebeat wrote: »
    The pandemic has NOTHING to do with a move to a cashless society.

I was in Iceland three years ago and never handled cash once.

Even buying a coffee in the middle of nowhere at some obscure waterfall I could use tap n go. Taxis all were contactless as well.

It was a joy

there's a difference between tap & go connected to your bank account and digital wallets

aido79 wrote: »
    From your over 600 posts in the cryptocurrency currency forum do you realise how hypocritical it sounds for you to be criticising cryptocurrency and making it part of the conspiracy theory here?
    You seem to have quite large investments in cryptocurrency so maybe you are part of the conspiracy?

who's criticizing crypto?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is the most bizarre conspiracy going. The theorists have zero idea what it is about but we're all supposed to be very afraid of it anyway. Not sure the theorists really believe in this one as they're even too lazy to provide the usual nonsense links to YouTube videos etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

who's criticizing crypto?

You are. You're making it sound like it's part of the conspiracy theory which you seem to be against on one hand yet you're heavily invested in it at the same time.

So which is it? Are you in favour of cryptocurrency or against it? Bear in mind you've just said above that a cashless society isn't just about tapping your card link to a bank account so please don't try and dodge it by using that approach or your credibility really will drop to an all time low...if it hasn't already bottomed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

in 30yrs time your grandkids will say to you, "hey grandad I heard you used to carry around paper and these things called coins in your pocket to pay for things, how did that work?"

The percentages of people using physical cash globally has dropped significantly since the beginning of 2020

It does have a greener impact as there will no longer be the need to print money, coins. You wont need people to physically transfer money from one place to another, even though that is declining already
    The labour required to handle, transport & store physical money is phenomenal

You also have the demand from younger generations, they want fast seamless transactions
    They live in a digital age, they dont want to be carrying cash

The advantage for the governments which is a huge motivator is to be able to monitor and cut down on tax evasion & fraud

It will also allow them to know exactly what you are buying, every single transaction is recorded

Your privacy is not private, this data could be used by private companies

Data is going to be king

It points a lot to the rise of bitcoin, a decentralized store of wealth where more & more people are flocking to and putting their net worth into as a hedge against what is possibly yet to come

i love how people seem to think they know whats gonna happen in the future, im sorry to inform you, no human has ever had the ability to accurately predict future outcomes, and we may in fact never be able to.

the majority of our money supply has been digital for decades now, has physical money disappeared? why hasnt physical money disappeared? its a pipe dream that physical money is gonna suddenly disappear, if we continue on our current economic path, its very likely we ll continue to experience serious economic crashes, and more frequently, this could cause confidence to collapse in our current, largely, digital monetary systems, we simply dont know. but one of the main reasons for the rapid growth in alternatives, such as cryptos etc, is the rapid decline in confidence in our monetary systems, which again, are largely digitally based, and have been, for a very long time.

yes its costly to move physical money around, but again, bare in mind, its only a very small proportion of the money supply anyway.

again, believe it or not, we ve been living in the digital age of monetarism for decades now, its not new at all, but it is going through a very radical change, its very interesting stuff.

sadly and disturbingly, governments and their advisors, dont truly understand how our modern monetary systems work at all, they still havent figured out, the majority of the money supply is actually created in the private sector, digitally, and has been for decades, this is truly what caused the crash in 08!

how can governments know what you re buying, when the majority of money, its creation, and transactions, largely occur in private sector financial institutions?

yes, all of us have a digital trace, for a large proportion of our lives, this data is in fact being used by both public and private sector bodies

data already is king, it has been for many decades now

cryptos aren't decentralizing wealth at all, wealth is continuing, and at an alarming rate, to be heavily concentrated, primarily in assets, i.e. stocks, shares, bonds, real estate, land, currencies, fine art, precious metals etc etc etc. cryptos arent a stable form of wealth storage, if at all, but the potential is certainly there to do so, but at the moment, theyre just a commodity, and not a form of currency, due to its instabilities

You are. You're making it sound like it's part of the conspiracy theory which you seem to be against on one hand yet you're heavily invested in it at the same time.

So which is it? Are you in favour of cryptocurrency or against it? Bear in mind you've just said above that a cashless society isn't just about tapping your card link to a bank account so please don't try and dodge it by using that approach or your credibility really will drop to an all time low...if it hasn't already bottomed out.

I mentioned Bitcoin as a decentralized store of wealth/value. How is that a conspiracy?

I also mentioned a cashless society in the form of digital money using digital wallets and not your current style bank accounts

cryptos aren't decentralizing wealth at all, wealth is continuing, and at an alarming rate, to be heavily concentrated, primarily in assets, i.e. stocks, shares, bonds, real estate, land, currencies, fine art, precious metals etc etc etc. cryptos arent a stable form of wealth storage, if at all, but the potential is certainly there to do so, but at the moment, theyre just a commodity, and not a form of currency, due to its instabilities

I mentioned it as a hedge

Not all digital assets (cryptocurrencies) are store of values. I for one, dont like the term cryptocurrency as its not giving a true reflection of the full use of all the different projects

I mentioned Bitcoin as a decentralized store of wealth/value. How is that a conspiracy?

I also mentioned a cashless society in the form of digital money using digital wallets and not your current style bank accounts

So once again, what's the conspiracy? Why did you even mention cryptocurrency?
    Are you even worried about the conspiracy theory if you are already investing in the beginnings of a cashless society as you see it?

• Advertisement

how can governments know what you re buying, when the majority of money, its creation, and transactions, largely occur in private sector financial institutions?

Your digital wallet will be assigned to you and EVERY transaction is recorded

Right now if you want to go under the radar cash is that option

You take the use of physical cash out of the system, and move everything digital, then you see EVERYTHING

Right now, if I know somebodies bitcoin address, I can go online and see every transaction that was done on that address. Me personally. But I have to know their address

see above

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115604989&postcount=1150

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Are you even worried about the conspiracy theory if you are already investing in the beginnings of a cashless society as you see it?
    The pattern here seems to be to pick a buzzword that most people don't understand, like cryptocurrency and "nano-" and then make vague insinuations about that word cause it gets mentioned in one place or another.
    The hope being that people don't look too deeply and just get scared by the difficult term.

This works fine for the target audience for conspiracy mongers.
    But when it's presented (or parroted) at people outside that market, it falls apart pretty quick since there's not much behind those buzzwords being scary.

King Mob wrote: »
    The pattern here seems to be to pick a buzzword that most people don't understand, like cryptocurrency and "nano-" and then make vague insinuations about that word cause it gets mentioned in one place or another.
    The hope being that people don't look too deeply and just get scared by the difficult term.

too much for you ? I can slow down if you like

Here's another big word but I'll give the description for it

Authoritarianism: the enforcement or advocacy of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom

That doesn't really answer any of my questions. Have another go...or just dodge them like you usually do.

What's the conspiracy theory behind the great reset in your own words and what if anything should I be worried or is it just that the world is changing like it always has since time began?

I mentioned it as a hedge

Not all digital assets (cryptocurrencies) are store of values. I for one, dont like the term cryptocurrency as its not giving a true reflection of the full use of all the different projects

thats fair enough i guess, the whole crypto thing is a very interesting twist in monetarism, its an exciting time for the industry, but theres a lot of serious stuff needs to be resolved before its truly accepted.
    Your digital wallet will be assigned to you and EVERY transaction is recorded

Right now if you want to go under the radar cash is that option

You take the use of physical cash out of the system, and move everything digital, then you see EVERYTHING

Right now, if I know somebodies bitcoin address, I can go online and see every transaction that was done on that address. Me personally. But I have to know their address

again, theres nothing new about digital tracing, this has existed for decades, but cryptos arent actually currency just yet, but they could be some day, theyre just too volatile at the moment

cryptos are also an option of going under the radar, hence their heavy use in the criminal world, but thats also fraught with dangers

again, the majority of our monetary systems have been digital for decades, theres nothing new here, only an extremely small proportion of our monetary systems are in cash, this has been like this for a very long time

Here's another big word but I'll give the description for it

Authoritarianism: the enforcement or advocacy of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom

When do we get our uniforms?

thats fair enough i guess, the whole crypto thing is a very interesting twist in monetarism, its an exciting time for the industry, but theres a lot of serious stuff needs to be resolved before its truly accepted.

SEC regulation
    again, theres nothing new about digital tracing, this has existed for decades, but cryptos arent actually currency just yet, but they could be some day, theyre just too volatile at the moment

which is why I mentioned one of them as a hedge

cryptos are also an option of going under the radar, hence their heavy use in the criminal world, but thats also fraught with dangers

without sounding like a lot of other people on here, I'd be interested to know your opinion on the dangers?

When do we get our uniforms?

2030, I think. Am I doing it right?

• Advertisement

Penfailed wrote: »
    2030, I think. Am I doing it right?

I hope you didn't have to think about whether you want the uniform or not. Thinking for yourself will not be allowed. The chip will take care of that for you.

SEC regulation

without sounding like a lot of other people on here, I'd be interested to know your opinion on the dangers?

whats this regulation?

cryptos are current highly volatile in regards pricing, this makes them too unpredictable, and too unstable, in regards the storage of wealth and value, cryptos need to sort this one out, in order to be truly accepted as functioning currency, but at the moment, they simply arent, but it is very interesting to watch their development

again, one of the most critical elements in modern monetarism, which is nearly always overlooked, is the fact, the majority of our money is in fact created in private sector financial institutions in digital format, and this has been so for many decades now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

too much for you ? I can slow down if you like
    No need. I understand the terms pretty well. At least enough to not jump to conspiracy explanations that make no sense and become worried about something needlessly.

For example, you claimed to be worried about an ingredient in the vaccine simply and solely because it has "nano-" in it's description.
    You then tried either through dishonesty or ignorance to link it to a claim about soldiers being tracked over thousands of miles because that was also tangential connected to the word "nano-"

The question for me is whether you did this purposefully because you're using dishonest arguments for some reason, or are you just parroting dishonest arguments that you've swallowed completely.

I could be wrong. You could have a good reason for why you're concerned about that ingredient. But I've asked you this many times and you can't seem to give a straight direct answer.
    Which makes me think you are being dishonest.

From your over 600 posts in the cryptocurrency currency forum

would you like to take a selfie with me aswell?

cryptos are current highly volatile in regards pricing, this makes them too unpredictable, and too unstable, in regards the storage of wealth and value, cryptos need to sort this one out, in order to be truly accepted as functioning currency, but at the moment, they simply arent, but it is very interesting to watch their development

I'm aware of the volatility, in the same way stocks are volatile

How does the criminal world make them dangerous? or did I pick that up wrong?

I'm aware of the volatility, in the same way stocks are volatile

How does the criminal world make them dangerous? or did I pick that up wrong?

sorry i meant its dangerous for the criminal to move their fiat into cryptos, due to this volatility, they potentially could lose a fortune, but i guess its all risk, having large amounts of their money in fiat is also a risk

would you like to take a selfie with me aswell?

Why would I want that? To be fair to you, you actually seem to know what you're talking about on that forum and I have taken alot of your advice on board and benefited financially from some of it. I won't be doing the same with anything you post on here though unfortunately.

sorry i meant its dangerous for the criminal to move their fiat into cryptos, due to this volatility, they potentially could lose a fortune, but i guess its all risk, having large amounts of their money in fiat is also a risk

Its more about them doing transactions using crypto than moving their current fiat into crypto

They will look at the risks

If I could store a billion dollars on a hardware wallet or over a few of them rather than try to hide it in a field or wall, I know what I would do

going off topic here, dont want to get a yellow card

To be fair to you, you actually seem to know what you're talking about on that forum and I have taken alot of your advice on board and benefited financially from some of it.

dont mention it, glad to share my insights and if you profited from it, well done
    I won't be doing the same with anything you post on here though unfortunately.

no problem, I wont be offended

• Advertisement

Its more about them doing transactions using crypto than moving their current fiat into crypto

They will look at the risks

If I could store a billion dollars on a hardware wallet or over a few of them rather than try to hide it in a field or wall, I know what I would do

going off topic here, dont want to get a yellow card

ah dont mind the yellow cards, yellow is only a colour, it wont do any harm to you, this is an element of the subject matter anyway, and a fairly critical one

what happens if theres a major hack, something fcuks up technically, and you lose the lot?

i understand criminals are using cryptos for a multitude of reasons, but its still very risky, particularly in regards the storage of value, they dont have control of the value of them

Advertisement