Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PuddingBreath

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    It's mainly airborne and spreads on droplets and aerosols from your mouth/nose. Wearing a mask can reduce the spread of those aerosols/droplets by up to 99% when we breathe/talk/etc. A mask is a practical way to reduce the spread of the virus, it's simple science, nothing political or nefarious about it.
    can you site me some studies done on this, apologies about the delay.
    i don't believe it for one second however. i heard somewhere that masks become inefftive after 20 minutes, they become saturated and then the particles just pass thru regardless, possibly in even bigger droplets

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

i don't believe it for one second however. i heard somewhere that masks become inefftive after 20 minutes, they become saturated and then the particles just pass thru regardless, possibly in even bigger droplets

Can you cite me some studies done on this?

PintOfView wrote: »
    No I'm not saying that. It's fairly easy to understand.
    If we do nothing the virus is going to cause havoc, and stop us opening up.
    If we vaccinate sufficiently then we should be move back towards normality without the risk of high mortality, or of the health service getting overrun.

Can you see the sense of that?

ok then, i don't have to be forced to take a vaccine then? if i don't take it then i won't be killing other? many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

the thing is, i know women who don't take the pill because of how it affects them, taking the pill is very much optional, there are many alternatives to taking the pill.

with covid vaccines the narrative is all about forcing people to take them, you can't have a holiday, a pint etc without vaccines is supposedly how this is panning out... trying to frighten the cr@p out of people.

Who said you can’t have a holiday? Is it that the country you wish to have a holiday in wants to protect their citizens? If so, there are 194 other countries. Surely quite a few of them will let you visit.

No one is stopping you having a pint either. I had a couple last night and I’m not vaccinated. Beer delivered to my door. Pity it wasn’t warmer so I could sit in my beer garden.

Btw, the measures you mention aren’t even in place. Also, what measures that are in place are permanent?

the french have stopped giving astra vaccine to under 55s, the irish wouldn't give it to OAPs recently, which is it ? ok for 56 to 64 year olds? it's not a lie,

https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

EMERGENCY use
    they want to do trials on children, if it's safe then why do they need children to be volunteered? they can dress it up all they like, there's many unknowns, just ask the people get blood clots in their brains.

the french have stopped giving astra vaccine to under 55s, the irish wouldn't give it to OAPs recently, which is it ? ok for 56 to 64 year olds? it's not a lie,

jasus, i was being a bit sarcastic/joking about this in a way as these covid rules/"science" seems so arbitrary,, but now it's come to pass, albiet i was out by 5 years............
    so, people in their 60s are sh1tting bricks at the moment? poor feicers, way to "enjoy" you retirement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,813 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Just to confirm, you don't believe Covid is airborne transmitted, but you "heard somewhere" that masks, after 20 minutes, don't stop the droplets that you believe don't spread Covid..

You do realise that doesn't make any sense right?

According to you, how does Covid spread? people catch it from each other, how do they catch it?

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-how-is-it-transmitted
    COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which spreads between people, mainly when an infected person is in close contact with another person.

The virus can spread from an infected person’s mouth or nose in small liquid particles when they cough, sneeze, speak, sing or breathe heavily. These liquid particles are different sizes, ranging from larger ‘respiratory droplets’ to smaller ‘aerosols’.

Other people can catch COVID-19 when the virus gets into their mouth, nose or eyes, which is more likely to happen when people are in direct or close contact (less than 1 metre apart) with an infected person.

Is there any part of that you don't understand or "agree" with?

Again, this glaring correlation between people who don't know the basics about Covid, and their tendency to deny it and believe in all sorts of far-fetched conspiracies.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Just to confirm, you don't believe Covid is airborne transmitted, but you "heard somewhere" that masks, after 20 minutes, don't stop the droplets that you believe don't spread Covid..

You do realise that doesn't make any sense right?

According to you, how does Covid spread? people catch it from each other, how do they catch it?

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-how-is-it-transmitted

Is there any part of that you don't understand or "agree" with?

Again, this glaring correlation between people who don't know the basics about Covid, and their tendency to deny it and believe in all sorts of far-fetched conspiracies.

of course it's airborne, if u got the impression off me i think otherwise then i apologies. i just simply believe that many of the "scientific" measures we're being asked to take are ineffective and contradict previously believed science. i believe covid travels far, far greater than 2 metres. i believe masks help a little but not as much as is purported, when you breathe out the waste product you expel still has to go somewhere, depending on your environment who knows how long it could linger in the air?

look, this all started off with lies a year ago, lies that killed people, but now you want me to trust the same liars ? that makes no sense. why in the name of god were the streets of dublin packed with italy rugby fans while at the same time there was an outbreak going on there in march 2020?

after a year of me wondering why every supermarket in the country hasn't had loads of dead staff and loads of superspreader events we're now being told they are now one of the main areas it is being spread. anybody with a brain cell or two could have realised that supermarkets couldn't be a safe place a year ago, but i guess we can't starve people in the western world,,,,,,, yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

of course it's airborne, if u got the impression off me i think otherwise then i apologies. i just simply believe that many of the "scientific" measures we're being asked to take are ineffective and contradict previously believed science. i believe covid travels far, far greater than 2 metres. i believe masks help a little but not as much as is purported, when you breathe out the waste product you expel still has to go somewhere, depending on your environment who knows how long it could linger in the air?
    And what are these beliefs based on?

look, this all started off with lies a year ago, lies that killed people, but now you want me to trust the same liars ? that makes no sense. why in the name of god were the streets of dublin packed with italy rugby fans while at the same time there was an outbreak going on there in march 2020?

after a year of me wondering why every supermarket in the country hasn't had loads of dead staff and loads of superspreader events we're now being told they are now one of the main areas it is being spread. anybody with a brain cell or two could have realised that supermarkets couldn't be a safe place a year ago, but i guess we can't starve people in the western world,,,,,,, yet.
    Ok. You don't understand that.

So what do you believe is the real, conspiracy answer?

Why are you putting "scientific" in inverted commas, it's a method.

You agree the virus travels via droplets and aerosols, from our noses and mouths right? when you put on a mask, it can stop up to 99% of those aerosols and droplets spreading when you breathe, talk, sing, etc, they've done tests that demonstrate this

So masks reduce the spread. A mask is better than no mask. Do you disagree with that?

If no, then why do you have issues with masks? it's literally a no-brainer

Can you cite me some studies done on this?

well here are some articles, they could be all bull, these websites could be all liars. but then so could opposite ones. but we've been lied to already by the authorities so ?!?

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwYFmSzrJs

https://fee.org/articles/new-study-casts-more-doubt-on-effectiveness-of-masks-in-preventing-covid-19-spread/

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-children-tragic-unscientific-and-damaging/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/covid-19-and-face-masks-to-wear-or-not-to-wear#4.-Masks-might-harm-the-wearer

https://noqreport.com/2021/03/07/government-data-shows-masks-had-no-impact-on-covid-spread/

i could keep putting up artivcles, just like i'm sure there's plenty to disagree.

what i see with my own eyes are more and more people wearing masks over the last few months, walking quiet streets on their own late in the evening with no one else around but cases still rose. people took more and more precautions, isolated even more and more, but cases kept rising. so why? keep doing the same even though it doesn't work ? i suppose you'll tell me that even more would be dead without the measure ? you're probably right, but that's not much good to all the dead and sick people. i believe there's an element of luck to the "results"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hee-hee, yeah, hee-hee. Nice one.

You make a snotty comment and then you ask me a serious question?

I gave an answer appropriate for the post I was quoting. It's up to you if you want to dodge serious questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Do you have any sources that aren't from right wing think tanks and conspiracy youtube videos?
    Maybe since you can "keep putting up articles" you could post ones that have been published in peer reviewed medical journals by actual scientists?

what i see with my own eyes are more and more people wearing masks over the last few months, walking quiet streets on their own late in the evening with no one else around but cases still rose. people took more and more precautions, isolated even more and more, but cases kept rising. so why? keep doing the same even though it doesn't work ? i suppose you'll tell me that even more would be dead without the measure ? you're probably right, but that's not much good to all the dead and sick people. i believe there's an element of luck to the "results"
    So again, what's the real explanation?
    Why are people being told to wear masks if it's obivous that they don't work?
    How is this a conspiracy?

You're going off on these odd rants, but you're not actually providing any substance.

well here are some articles, they could be all bull, these websites could be all liars. but then so could opposite ones. but we've been lied to already by the authorities so ?!?

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-a-careful-review-of-the-evidence/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nwYFmSzrJs

https://fee.org/articles/new-study-casts-more-doubt-on-effectiveness-of-masks-in-preventing-covid-19-spread/

https://www.aier.org/article/masking-children-tragic-unscientific-and-damaging/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/covid-19-and-face-masks-to-wear-or-not-to-wear#4.-Masks-might-harm-the-wearer

https://noqreport.com/2021/03/07/government-data-shows-masks-had-no-impact-on-covid-spread/

i could keep putting up artivcles, just like i'm sure there's plenty to disagree.

what i see with my own eyes are more and more people wearing masks over the last few months, walking quiet streets on their own late in the evening with no one else around but cases still rose. people took more and more precautions, isolated even more and more, but cases kept rising. so why? keep doing the same even though it doesn't work ? i suppose you'll tell me that even more would be dead without the measure ? you're probably right, but that's not muchness muchness muchness qall the dead and sick people. i believe there's an element of luck to the "results"

So the answer is no, you can't cite any studies that prove the claims you have made!

King Mob wrote: »
    Not one sane arguement.
    That’s kinda the point of conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

.... look, this all started off with lies a year ago, lies that killed people, but now you want me to trust the same liars ? that makes no sense. why in the name of god were the streets of dublin packed with italy rugby fans while at the same time there was an outbreak going on there in march 2020?

What were the lies that killed people a year ago?

Do an experiment yourself. Next time you're wearing a mask for 20 mins stand in front of a window and breath out strongly.
    Do you think the mask lets everything through?
    My cheap and cheerful masks don't!

It's pretty much common sense,
    regardless of what you heard somewhere!!

lies that killed people

Which lies?

Medical disinformation and Covid disinformation have been directly responsible deaths and injuries, everything from dangerous fake cures to encouraging people to refuse to wear masks and social distance.

what i see with my own eyes are more and more people wearing masks over the last few months, walking quiet streets on their own late in the evening with no one else around but cases still rose. people took more and more precautions, isolated even more and more, but cases kept rising. so why? keep doing the same even though it doesn't work ? i suppose you'll tell me that even more would be dead without the measure ?

But cases didn't keep rising!
    Have you looked at a graph of cases since January, there's been a huge reduction in cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,610 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think this thread has finally gone completely batsh1t.

We're now being told that cases still rose (even though we've gone from 8000 cases to 350 cases in 12 weeks!) and possible legitimate "articles" are 90 second youtube videos from an account called "Only Jesus Saves".

This person, apparently (maybe), is a legitimate source of scientific research

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

We were raised to “just say no to drugs,” to try to eat healthy, and to think for ourselves. Now people are gleefully injecting themselves with experimental gene therapies to get donuts and peer approval.

A lie doesn't become truth,wrong doesn't become right,
    and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority.

• Advertisement

Just a reminder...
    A Genuinely deadly pandemic doesn't require 24/7
    advertising to remind you it exists.
    Real pandemics don't need marketing campaigns and endless propaganda...
    but,
    Psycholigical operations DO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

buzzerxx wrote: »
    Just a reminder...
    but,

Or maybe because folks like you don't believe there is a pandemic... Then we need reminders.

Still no conspiracy here... What do you think is really happening so?

Just a reminder...
    but,

It's a global pandemic that basically affects everyone. Some of these comments are delusional beyond belief.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Or maybe because folks like you don't believe there is a pandemic... Then we need reminders.

Still no conspiracy here... What do you think is really happening so?

I already answered that question in this thread, are you lot reading of the same scripted questions?

I know one thing and its that Autism has increased 30,000% in 50 years. Its almost as if its being injected into children...

We were raised to “just say no to drugs,” to try to eat healthy, and to think for ourselves. Now people are gleefully injecting themselves with experimental gene therapies to get donuts and peer approval.

Thank you for confirming that you haven't even the slightest clue about vaccines.

I already answered that question in this thread, are you lot reading of the same scripted questions?

I know one thing and its that Autism has increased 30,000% in 50 years. Its almost as if its being injected into children...

And down the rabbit hole he goes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

No you didn't... You just said you think the vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous. That's not a conspiracy. When I asked you why you think this... You ignored me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

What is funny is that you say something which do not conform with actual dogma on some covid thread and you are told it is conspiracy theory and you are sent here. Then resident "conspiracy experts" tell you that "where is the conspiracy" and tell you there is none.

I cant even count number of warnings I got for saying right from the start that it seems that vitamin D prevent you from getting severe covid - it is pretty much how chinese dealt with it in wuhan right when it started. Anyone who dared to mention it was laughed at.
    Same with restrictions, when first lockdown was announced as temporary measure for 2 weeks and how we all are in this together anyone who said it will last years was told they are crazy...
    PCR testing finding cases everywhere when repeated enough times...
    When someone said vaccines will not stop you from getting covid people in vaccine thread went berserk and all that pious talk about that one death with covid is one death too many all the while deaths or permanent damage from vaccines are perfectly acceptable sort of a "it is a cost of a business" scenario.
    Natural immunity apparently do not exist or they want to convince you that it is not as good as vaccine induced one... Oh well, tough luck if you are female or allergy sufferer it is for common good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

EyesClosed wrote: »
    No you didn't... You just said you think the vaccine is unnecessary and dangerous. That's not a conspiracy. When I asked you why you think this... You ignored me.

For anyone under 50 with reasonably good health it is unnecessary and due to possible side effects it is more dangerous than covid itself.
    AZ stopped again, J&J stopped and nobody knows yet what mRNA will do in future as it is quite new gene therapy with zero long term testing and data.

• Advertisement

Well what you say is accurate,
    However that also applies to you,
    a lie doesn't become true just because you accept it!

If you want to demonstrate the truth of something you need to do more than just repeat it over and over.

As regards "gleefully injecting themselves, etc", that's just silly.
    The majority of people trust that the vaccines are reasonably safe, and will protect against covid.
    Just as TB, MMR, Polio, and other vaccines have protected the population of Ireland from things that were a scourge for prev generations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement