Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live In carers

Options
  • 07-09-2020 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I’ve googled this but cannot find any answers. My device is old and some of the sites won’t load or they freeze.

Is a live in carer something that can be had in this country? A 24/7 companion - to around for showers and if going to the toilet is problem.

It is just something I’m curious about - we’d never be able to afford it.

My grandparents are fine but a colleague is facing the issue of care for her father and it just got me thinking.

There are plenty of daughters and sons and grandchildren but I know from talking to people over the years that not everyone in a family steps up.

Plus I know my Nan and no way she is letting her children wash her or help her with toilet.

I just have too much time to think on it and was going through scenarios of the future.

Advertisement