Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital bags

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

lazygal wrote: »
    I've had three sections in Holles Street.
    Bring a small bag with a dressing gown, nightdress and slippers for waiting around. And a phone charger. And whatever else you think you'll use.

This bag went into my big bag which also had baby's first outfit on the top where my husband couldn't miss it. Babies got a nappy, hat and blanket in theatre after delivery so didn't need the babygro immediately.
    I used night time sanitary pads from day 2 onwards.

Second the big granny pants and would also suggest nightdresses which open down the front for skin to skin and breastfeeding.

One tip I got was to push myself up off the bed with the opposite arm. I found this made things much easier.

Get someone to bring in loads of fruit especially pears and plums to get your bowels moving.

Have the massive knickers and button down nightdresses packed already! Found they were great after previous births. Will stock up on the fruit too. Thanks!

Cash_Q wrote: »
    In the Coombe he was allowed to carry them to the door then security bagged and tagged them and a porter brought them to the ward once I was checked in, not sure how other hospitals are managing it.

Getting in and out of bed is so hard but I find lying on a silky sheet makes it a bit easier to move.

I’m not sure what the story is in Galway at the moment. Have avoided the hospital this whole pregnancy bar a quick A&E trip so haven’t a clue on any of their procedures.
    Hoping he will be able to be with me for a bit of the waiting time before hand but maybe not. My consultant has me booked in first thing in the morning so hopefully not too much waiting around.
    I know I’ll be nervous. So excited at the same time! Strange feeling to know exactly when the baby will be born!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had no delay in milk coming in second and third time. It was like my body knew what to do. Feeding lying down was how I spent 90% of my time in hospital.

lazygal wrote: »
    I had no delay in milk coming in second and third time. It was like my body knew what to do. Feeding lying down was how I spent 90% of my time in hospital.

That’s great to hear.
    I didn’t breastfeed my first but I did my second.
    On both previous pregnancies I never had any breast leaking during pregnancy but I am definitely producing colostrum for the last two months so really hoping it’s a good sign and possibly happening because I fed my second?
    Due to complications on my second I spent the best part of 10 days in hospital lying down feeding the little guy!
    Hoping for a shorter less eventful hospital stay this time :)

Advertisement