Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist killed North Wall Quay 10:30 PM Mon 31St Aug - Hit&Run car dash cam anyone ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

This is heartbreaking and really pisses me off that some horrible **** couldn't even stop.

My dog got killed on the road earlier this year, the first thing I asked when I heard was 'did they keep driving after hitting her?', it adds so much more anguish knowing it's a hit and run. I can't imagine what his family and friends are going through.

RIP Thiago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭worded

Go fund me link

His partner was on the radio news saying 53K raised so I believe this link to be the correct link for his go fund me page.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-thiago-cortes

There is an RIP thread on boards can someone paste this link in if they can find it

Thanks

My partner was just telling me about that, if Deliveroo were any good they'd cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

if Deliveroo were any good they'd cover it.

They aren't any good, and treat their 'staff' appalingly.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's annoying that social media have painted this death as a failing of Deliveroo, rather than further evidence of how precarious much of the city is for pedestrians and cyclists.

Thiago wasn't even working at the time he was killed, he was cycling home from work. The fact he worked for Deliveroo is immaterial to his death, it could have been any of us cycling home from work.

No problem with people criticising the business practices of Deliveroo, but it's just brushing yet another cyclist death under the carpet by focusing on another issue, while completely avoiding the elephant of the room of dangerous driving on roads that are inhospitable to cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭positron

Such a sad sad story. It could have have been any one of us posting here, and taking a moment to think about it... it's gut-wrenching really.

<snip>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod Note- there are other forums where you can discuss societal issues, this is a condolences thread for Thiago Cortes, OT posts will be deleted. There are a whole raft of threads to discuss cycling conditions also, hit the search button.

Advertisement