Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2020/2021 General Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Buer wrote: »
    The latest quarantine regulations do not make an allowance for elite sport and France has been added to that quarantine list.

At this point in time, if Leinster are drawn at home, they cannot play the game in Dublin.

Edit: https://mobile.twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1381162257774694400?s=19

Yeah issue too with it being in France. Guess will likely be added as an exemption. Was put through so relatively quickly that not sure was any of this considered. Presume he means neutral venue as in Ravenhill or somewhere in England. Draw is due to be home or away but say exemption could be granted alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Spotted Hyena

Could Bordeaux throw a spanner in the works? Need to sort out their discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭KH25

Could Bordeaux throw a spanner in the works? Need to sort out their discipline.

Neither team look up to much based on the first half. A lot of sloppy play and errors.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

BT pay masters won't be happy with Austin denigrating this game, even though he's dead right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Don't think that we even a penalty.
    Beale a foot and a half off the floor and Bordeaux player attempting a perfectly legal tackle.

• Advertisement

Don't think that we even a penalty.
    Beale a foot and a half off the floor and Bordeaux player attempting a perfectly legal tackle.

I think the arm around the neck was the reason for the penalty. Agree that there wasn’t really anything the tackler could do, but by the letter of the law there was contact with the neck. I thought it was well reasoned by the ref and TMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Looking like a red for a high hit by a Racing player?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Red card

• Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very poor technique. Gotta be red you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Hilarious that Healey is trying to play this down by saying he hit the ball with his arm after clobbering the player in the face with his shoulder

• Advertisement

Is the TMO actually trying to talk this down because the Bordeaux player wasn’t flattened?

Austin Healy "yeah, there's the contact on the ball" as the contact is fully on the head!

Fair dues to the 15 for keeping trucking. Easiest thing to do would've been to go down like a sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

TMO running the show,ref hasn't a clue what to do!

There's no chance this is passive, the players head flew back!

Am I right in saying that the players / small audience are going "ooof" at each replay?

It's like they're trying to replicate an angry audience!

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Definitely no consistency issues with referees and head contact...

The ball saved him as it undoubtedly soaked up some of the impact.

That is an absolute shocker.

The consistency is non-existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Am I write in saying that the players / small audience are going "ooof" at each replay?

It's panto stuff. The ref would be in the right to issue a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ref bottled that, he was looking for any reason not to give a red, when it quite clearly is.

• Advertisement

What I’m taking from that is that the Bordeaux player should have gone down. The fact that he ran through the hit seemed to be used against him.

Am I write in saying that the players / small audience are going "ooof" at each replay?

That was Monty Python levels of nonsense, but hilarious all the same.

OOOOOOOOOOOOO! HE'S DEAD REFFFFFF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Crazy chat there. Straight hit to the head they agreed on, no mitigation. And yet because the player wasn't knocked out and kept running its a passive tackle?

Crazy chat there. Straight hot to the head they agreed on, no mitigation. And yet because the player wasn't knocked out and kept running its a passive tackle?

It’s baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,710 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I've no idea what is a red card anymore. A few weeks ago I would've said that a high hit with force and with no sign of tackler/carrier dipping meant a certain red.

But the TMO and referee did everything to not give a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I hope there isn't a draw

Clegg wrote: »
    I've no idea what is a red card anymore. A few weeks ago I would've said that a high hit with force and with no sign of tackler/carrier dipping meant a certain red.

But the TMO and referee did everything to not give a red.

I can’t understand how they can make such a sensible call for the hit on Beale earlier, and then do this for a clear hit to the head with no mitigation. It makes no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

I can't be the only one who subconsciously reads it as Bordeaux Beagles.

Is there a reference to the concept of a passive tackle in the directives? And what the definition is? Even if there is, the impact was heavy, he clattered him. If that is passive and this is the right call, we're in a degree of trouble, and player safety is being relegated to secondary to trying not to send people off.

• Advertisement

hahashake wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who subconsciously reads it as Bordeaux Beagles.

Never occurred to me and now you've messed it up forever. Thanks!

Advertisement