Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do we care about American politics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

US Politics is an easy target for virtue signalling 1st years students in Ireland.

They cant comprehend how China and most African and Middle Easterns regimes have atrocious records on human rights, but this doesnt suit their Political Science "professors" agenda.

Quite simply, they only care about non-white people in the US, they dont care what happens to them anywhere else on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Pkiernan wrote: »
    US Politics is an easy target for virtue signalling 1st years students in Ireland.

They cant comprehend how China and most African and Middle Easterns regimes have atrocious records on human rights, but this doesnt suit their Political Science "professors" agenda.

Quite simply, they only care about non-white people in the US, they dont care what happens to them anywhere else on the planet.
    Coming from someone who just finished uni after spending five years on campus this is utter rubbish. Do you have any actual evidence of this virtue signaling happening on a grand scale on Irish university campuses or is this something your pulling out of your back side from watching youtube clips of American students on American college campus. I do agree though that we should care more about the literally millions of people being murdered in the middle east due to the Saudi gang of princes, but thats for another thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Zookey123 wrote: »
    Coming from someone who just finished uni after spending five years on campus this is utter rubbish. Do you have any actual evidence of this virtue signaling happening on a grand scale on Irish university campuses or is this something your pulling out of your back side from watching youtube clips of American students on American college campus. I do agree though that we should care more about the literally millions of people being murdered in the middle east due to the Saudi gang of princes, but thats for another thread.

No need to be so uncivil my friend.

How many protests at the Chinese Embassy have you been to during your 5 years in Uni?

Loads, I suppose.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    No need to be so uncivil my friend.

How many protests at the Chinese Embassy have you been to during your 5 years in Uni?

Loads, I suppose.
    Im sorry if I seemed uncivil i was just asking where you were getting this information from (could have worded it better). I didnt participate in protests I was doing a pretty intensive course so didnt have much time but I know for a fact that there were conferences on middle eastern relations which caused protests from both sides of the debate (Israel/Palestine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This might seem like an odd question but im starting to see more and more interest in American politics here. Whether its the BLM, anti immigrant propaganda or pro/anti trump, people are constantly talking about American politics it didn't used to be like this. America is clearly in a hot mess right now probably best for us to stay clear. Why should we care about their political system when they clearly couldnt care less about ours?

Because we generally get a dose of whatever gob****ery is prevalent in America and Europe a year or two later

The chattering classes in Ireland are great lads for trying to catch up with their betters even after their betters realise what a stupid mistake they made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Do we care that much?

In CA people do. Some people just love to have a cause to foght for, or something to rail against, others love to think the world is falling apart, and CA is one of the places they indulge themselves in that stuff.

But CA is just one part of boards, and boards is just one tiny corner of the internet, and a lot of the stuff that people get worked up over on boards isn't stuff that I encounter much, if at all, offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭excludedbin

It's a proxy for the (anti immigration) nationalist, socially conservative right wing in Ireland, most of which seems to be on boards these days!
    It does seem quite often that it's used by people to vicariously live out the battles they seem to so desperately want to take place here. Look at the absolute bile and vitriol, the seething uncontrolled rage and hatred in threads like "BLM or WLM" for anyone sufficiently left wing and the absolute glee with which each negative story about 'antifa' is posted. Followed by breathless excuses when anyone on their 'side' is shown to be a violent thug.

People don't care so much about it being the US (you'll see them ranting about European countries just the same), so much as it's a chance to rip into anyone that dares criticise their 'side'. It's, kind of ironically in a way, another chance to stereotype an outgroup and then rail against it. Like a concentrated microcosm of far right propaganda.

I just remain thankful that there isn't the appetite for it here amongst the general public. Though with hotels being burned and at least one politician receiving death threats and their car being firebombed, as well as the latest lynch mob against Roderic O'Gorman, I sometimes worry if it's not so much the size of them as it is their increasing propensity for violence. It doesn't matter if they don't grow, eventually they'll grow sick of that and just kill someone.

So yes, less caring about the US specifically and more it serving as a sort of release valve for the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

For a lot of folk in the Current Affairs part of Boards, the only way they can consume far right media is from US sources and they obviously have a focus on US events (UK far right wouldn't be accepting).

The likes of Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Andy Ngo, and a never ending list of right to far right figures are posted as acceptable sources of reporting so it is clear where these posters are consuming their media and want to discuss/complain.

I'd suspect if there was a more acceptable right wing grievance source for Irish matters then some of the focus of a certain element of posters would shift. Instead, people post here like a protest in a 2 block radius in Portland was happening in the next village because that is the type of fear their media is instilling in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Foxtrol wrote: »
    For a lot of folk in the Current Affairs part of Boards, the only way they can consume far right media is from US sources and they obviously have a focus on US events (UK far right wouldn't be accepting).

The likes of Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, Andy Ngo, and a never ending list of right to far right figures are posted as acceptable sources of reporting so it is clear where these posters are consuming their media and want to discuss/complain.

I'd suspect if there was a more acceptable right wing grievance source for Irish matters then some of the focus of a certain element of posters would shift. Instead, people post here like a protest in a 2 block radius in Portland was happening in the next village because that is the type of fear their media is instilling in them.

most of what's happening in the States is Far Left terrorism. Get a gript

• Advertisement

Never understood why people support Ben Shapiro every sentence he utters is a contradiction to the previous. Its just big words, fast talking and "owning" college undergrads, and people think he is god.

statesaver wrote: »
    most of what's happening in the States is Far Left terrorism. Get a gript

Despite how much right wing media grifters might have you hiding under your bed, a person is far far more likely to be killed by right wing extremists than left wing extremists.

https://www.businessinsider.com/right-wing-extremists-kill-329-since-1994-antifa-killed-none-2020-7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I follow US politics closely. Here's why:

1) Politics is interesting, important, and entertaining

2) There is fantastic coverage of US politics (e.g. Sargon of Akkad for a centre right viewpoint and Jimmy Dore for a centre left viewpoint).

I wish there was good coverage of Irish politics as I would like to follow closely what's going on in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

There is no politics in America. America is not a country, it never has been. America is a corporation, a company, a business company that since its very inception was akin to a private company similar to the EIA that wanted to create money for their CEO's at the top that were sick and tired of paying taxes to the likes of the British. Its whole ethos is based on greed and the desire to consume and to Hell with the consequences. Now the Hell is coming. The last century they have engineered enemies and phantoms around the globe, gone over to other countries and destroyed them for nothing but money and power, its no coincidence that in this last 3/4 of a decade where they have stopped stamping somebody else on the globe, they are now going to start killing each other at home. America needs its enemies to exist. Needs the competition to thrive, just like every capitalist business. When there is no competition, no enemy anywhere else, they will inevitably turn on each other. Which is what we are seeing right now. To Hell with them.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

buried wrote: »
    There is no politics in America. America is not a country, it never has been. America is a corporation, a company, a business company that since its very inception was akin to a private company similar to the EIA that wanted to create money for their CEO's at the top that were sick and tired of paying taxes to the likes of the British. Its whole ethos is based on greed and the desire to consume and to Hell with the consequences. Now the Hell is coming. The last century they have engineered enemies and phantoms around the globe, gone over to other countries and destroyed them for nothing but money and power, its no coincidence that in this last 3/4 of a decade where they have stopped stamping somebody else on the globe, they are now going to start killing each other at home. America needs its enemies to exist. Needs the competition to thrive, just like every capitalist business. When there is no competition, no enemy anywhere else, they will inevitably turn on each other. Which is what we are seeing right now. To Hell with them.

That's crazy.

What we're seeing right now is a combination of...

* the long standing marxists groups in the US (e.g. Black Panther style groups)

and

* the consequences of a race baiting left wing media

and

* naive, easily influenced people who can't think things through

and

* virtue singling

and

* mental illness

all combining to create a monster of a ****up.

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    That's crazy.

and

and

and

* virtue singling

and

* mental illness

left wing media? I think that third condition might apply to you too.

• Advertisement

It does seem quite often that it's used by people to vicariously live out the battles they seem to so desperately want to take place here. Look at the absolute bile and vitriol, the seething uncontrolled rage and hatred in threads like "BLM or WLM" for anyone sufficiently left wing and the absolute glee with which each negative story about 'antifa' is posted. Followed by breathless excuses when anyone on their 'side' is shown to be a violent thug.

TBF the BLM thread mostly consists of people who have chosen one of two sides. As you said there are those who are anti-BLM who do behave as you described, but those are pro-BLM are mirror images of the anti. The defending and justification of violent behavior is spread across both sides. And then there's a few who want to be more balanced, acknowledging the problems of both sides. Alas, they tend to be drowned out by the chorus war between the others.

Which represents American politics and society quite well. The focus on there being two definitive sides, with the need to firmly place everyone into one camp or another.
    People don't care so much about it being the US (you'll see them ranting about European countries just the same), so much as it's a chance to rip into anyone that dares criticise their 'side'. It's, kind of ironically in a way, another chance to stereotype an outgroup and then rail against it. Like a concentrated microcosm of far right propaganda.

True enough, although I wonder at the whole focus on the far right media/propaganda, as if those who push from the left are somehow innocent of drinking from the same biased cups. You talk about sides but only point out those on the right...

Which is very common on boards. Apparently there is a massive population of far right posters, but, honestly, I've seen few who weren't obviously trolling for reactions rather than any genuine rational perspectives from the right... Just loads of claims (like the person you quoted of their existence).
    I just remain thankful that there isn't the appetite for it here amongst the general public. Though with hotels being burned and at least one politician receiving death threats and their car being firebombed, as well as the latest lynch mob against Roderic O'Gorman, I sometimes worry if it's not so much the size of them as it is their increasing propensity for violence. It doesn't matter if they don't grow, eventually they'll grow sick of that and just kill someone.

So yes, less caring about the US specifically and more it serving as a sort of release valve for the pressure.

Again, agreed, although we should be wary of importing American logic into Ireland. As I said, the focus on two sides is very american, due to their own political leanings, but we're seeing a rise in applying such rubbish here.

I'm fairly confident that the Irish public, wouldn't be bothered with most of the US crap, simply because it doesn't directly affect them. Even then, most would shrug it off because we have no history comparable with the US in terms of politics or social issues. Not yet anyway.

That's crazy.

and

and

and

* virtue singling

and

* mental illness

All of these things you have basically outlined are failed symptoms based on a corporation or business entity that is completely and utterly fallen on top of its own arse. Which is exactly my point. America is not a country. It never was or has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,544 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Because some people are stuck on the internet 24/7.

OP,

Trump... lets bring all the US companies abroad back to the US.

Biden... not such an issue.

Yeah, no impact on us at all.

Well, he didn't and never was never going to. So it wasn't.

Its been very easy for the likes of Donald Trump to say one thing and then just do another. His whole beloved land of America has been doing it for centuries. I fail to see why people are so irate at these turn of events right this very minute. This has been going on for decades, even the last one. One year some Dictator is labelled a evil dictator, next year the same evil dictator is labelled some make of "great statesman", next year the "great statesman" is getting anally raped by a bayonet wielded by a bunch of fundamentalist warlords and the likes of Hillary Clinton laughs at the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

There is fantastic coverage of US politics e.g. Sargon of Akkad

Don't lose hope, you can still save yourself! Here's a couple of videos that will help.

left wing media? I think that third condition might apply to you too.

Go watch CNN and MSNBC and watch how they constantly race bait. It is non-stop.

Don't lose hope, you can still save yourself! Here's a couple of videos that will help.

You don't understand what alt right is, and shame on you for pretending I'm a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

not going with the grain? Boards.ie is known for being a pro-conservative website.

:confused: This had to be a wind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Junkyard Tom - quit trying to wind others up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Mostly media-driven. The Irish media frequently act as if the UK, US and Ireland were the only countries in the world

Some Irish actually think they're American.

RTE has about 5 or 6 stories a day on their website. Bad weather in America makes the news here.

We're sad.

they have a full-time Washington correspondent who has to justify his salary. Major events in Asia or Africa or Latin America are completely ignored, or RTE just reprint whatever Reuters sends them

They are nothing when compared to Fox News (which they openly admit is not actually news but nearly entirely purely opinion during prime time)

They are nothing when compared to Fox News (which they openly admit is not actually news but nearly entirely purely opinion during prime time)

They are worse than Fox News, as they're currently destroying the country (racial division).

If you dont like CNN and MSNBC you could just change the channel? As Foxtrol pointed out Fox news seems to be more right wing or perhaps go for an unbiased fact reporting news source (wall street journal, BBC news etc).

• Advertisement

If you dont like CNN and MSNBC you could just change the channel? As Foxtrol pointed out Fox news seems to be more right wing or perhaps go for an unbiased fact reporting news source (wall street journal, BBC news etc).

Fox don't hide their bias, but CNN and MSNBC pretend they're unbiased.

Fox is really the only conservative channel. All the rest are left wing.

They are worse than Fox News, as they're currently destroying the country (racial division).

:rolleyes:

How is CNN and MSNBC pointing out racism worse than Fox News openly supporting racism and now vigilantes?

They advertise under the tag line 'Fair and Balanced' :confused:

Whatever allegations certain people try to level against CNN or whomever, Fox News was actually SET UP as mouthpiece for the Republican party. It's very reason for existing is to be a propaganda outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

This might seem like an odd question but im starting to see more and more interest in American politics here. Whether its the BLM, anti immigrant propaganda or pro/anti trump, people are constantly talking about American politics it didn't used to be like this. America is clearly in a hot mess right now probably best for us to stay clear. Why should we care about their political system when they clearly couldnt care less about ours?

For me it's simple, if they go down they will bring the rest of the western societies with them! I would love to just point and laugh at them but unfortunately what happens there will have an effect on what happens here!:(

You don't understand what alt right is, and shame on you for pretending I'm a racist.
    'Alt-right' is a term coined by American white supremacist Richard Spencer to serve as a euphemism for other white supremacists/white nationalists/etc. to use. Carl of Swindon is absolutely someone who courts the alt-right. Presenting him as some kind of reputable source and that he's somehow "centre" right says a lot about your political leanings and how distorted a view you have of left-right politics.
    :confused: This had to be a wind up.
    Go into the "BLM or WLM" thread and tell us, with a straight face, that is anything other than a right wing (and often far right) circlejerk. That's the state of this forum as a whole. If Boards isn't "pro-conservative" then that's only because it's largely become "pro far right" which most conservatives aren't. But the site, in large part, absolutely is a haven for the right as anyone expressing any kind of opinion deemed left wing is ganged up on and mocked.

:rolleyes:

How is CNN and MSNBC pointing out racism worse than Fox News openly supporting racism and now vigilantes?

Don't be so naive.

CNN and MSNBC aren't simply "pointing out racism", they are race baiting and continuously trying to make everything about race. You are falling for their manipulation.

Fox does not openly support racism and vigilantes. Can you give one factual example of where they've done this?

They advertise under the tag line 'Fair and Balanced' :confused:

No they don't, stop lying.

Tony EH wrote: »
    Whatever allegations certain people try to level against CNN or whomever, Fox News was actually SET UP as mouthpiece for the Republican party. It's very reason for existing is to be a propaganda outlet.

CNN is the mouthpiece of the Democrat party.

At least Fox admit their bias. CNN try to hide it.

• Advertisement

Carl of Swindon is absolutely someone who courts the alt-right.

It's the opposite of that. He hates the alt-right and he got banned from Patreon for debating the alt right.

Why do you guys keep making things up?

No they don't, stop lying.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/business/media/fox-news-fair-and-balanced.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News#Slogan

They weren't lying. Fox News dropped the tagline only a few years ago. Unless you're the type of person that religiously follows US news, you'd easily be forgiven for believing they still used such a well-known slogan.
    It's the opposite of that. He hates the alt-right and he got banned from Patreon for debating the alt right.

Why do you guys keep making things up?
    Considering you accused someone of lying about Fox News' famous tagline, you're one to talk. He wasn't banned "for debating the alt-right" though. At least not from what I've read. Seems his only issue with them is that they're "acting like a bunch of n******" in his own words. Hardly the attitude of someone who takes issue with their beliefs or politics and more of taking issue with how they're presented.

But why do you care about CNN and MSNBC? How many Irish people do you know that even watch them? The fact that you're devoting this much time to ranting about them just demonstrates that you spend a lot of time listening to angry right wing Americans complaining about them.

Jesus, the only time I ever hear about CNN is either from right wing Americans on other forums or people on Boards whinging about them. Maybe they wish they could say the same of RTE but have to settle for another nation's news outlet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/business/media/fox-news-fair-and-balanced.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News#Slogan

They weren't lying. Fox News dropped the tagline only a few years ago. Unless you're the type of person that religiously follows US news, you'd easily be forgiven for believing they still used such a well-known slogan.

Considering you accused someone of lying about Fox News' famous tagline, you're one to talk. He wasn't banned "for debating the alt-right" though. At least not from what I've read. Seems his only issue with them is that they're "acting like a bunch of n******" in his own words. Hardly the attitude of someone who takes issue with their beliefs or politics and more of taking issue with how they're presented.

But why do you care about CNN and MSNBC? How many Irish people do you know that even watch them? The fact that you're devoting this much time to ranting about them just demonstrates that you spend a lot of time listening to angry right wing Americans complaining about them.

Jesus, the only time I ever hear about CNN is either from right wing Americans on other forums or people on Boards whinging about them. Maybe they wish they could say the same of RTE but have to settle for another nation's news outlet.

This is very weird.

All you're doing is proving I'm right and then trying to say that means I'm somehow wrong. :confused:

Why do so many people here do this? Why can't you talk honestly without trying to "win" even when you're wrong?

And finally, after you talking about this topic in detail, when I give my opinion you're like why do I even care, why am I talking about this, as if only you're allowed have an opinion.

It's OK to admit CNN are the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party, it's OK to admit left wing media race bait, it's OK to admit Fox are the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, stop being so controlling and start being honest.

This is very weird.

All you're doing is proving I'm right and then trying to say that means I'm somehow wrong. :confused:

Why do so many people here do this? Why can't you talk honestly without trying to "win" even when you're wrong?

And finally, after you talking about this topic in detail, when I give my opinion you're like why do I even care, why am I talking about this, as if only you're allowed have an opinion.

It's OK to admit CNN are the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party, it's OK to admit left wing media race bait, it's OK to admit Fox are the mouthpiece of the Republican Party, stop being so controlling and start being honest.

Fox News advertised using 'Fair and Balanced' for 21 years. So you admit then for 21 years they were 'hiding their bias'. They still don't note prior to a show which are news and which are opinion, though they'll openly tell advertisers.

As for examples of Fox supporting vigilantes, here is king grifter Tucker excusing the actions of the Lil Rambo vigilante from Kenosha

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1298783674993913856?s=20

This is very weird.

What exactly have I proven you right on? I've directly contradicted what you said and posted links to back that up. All you've done here is assert "I'm right" like a child, you haven't established that anything you've said is right.

Here's the article I was referencing about Carl, by the way: https://www.businessinsider.com/patreon-crowdfunding-platform-defends-itself-amid-boycott-2018-12?r=US&IR=T
    I just can’t be bothered with people who chose to treat me like this. It’s really annoying. Like, I — . You’re acting like a bunch of n******, just so you know. You act like white n******. Exactly how you describe black people acting is the impression I get dealing with the Alt Right... Look, you carry on, but don’t expect me to then have a debate with one of your f******.…Like why would I bother?…Maybe you’re just acting like a n****r, mate? Have you considered that? Do you think white people act like this? White people are meant to be polite and respectful to one another, and you guys can’t even act like white people, it’s really amazing to me.”

Is the transcript in question. Again, not exactly the words with someone who takes issue with the alt-right for anything more than their methods, rather than their beliefs.

Should I even bother to ask for evidence of "left wing media" race baiting? Like I know this is some seriously tepid bait but if it's the best you can do then I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Perhaps in cultural terms, but they are all owned by billion-dollar corporations and are right-wing where it counts - economically

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

All media in America is tabloid rubbish from an Irish perspective.

I can't fathom how anyone would defend CNN or the likes.

Exaggerated graphics and sensational headlines, no actual journalism.

The media entirely focuses on Trump with no other stories being mentioned.

One large soap opera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

goose2005 wrote: »
    Mostly media-driven. The Irish media frequently act as if the UK, US and Ireland were the only countries in the world

This is a problem now for Irish people who prided themselves as being different from the UK or America. That we are aware of the world around us. They mock Americans and Britons for being closed minded.

It's all bull now. Irish people, at least those on social media and so on, only care about what happens in America and to a lesser extent, Britain. So it's the same closed minded stuff.

Fox News advertised using 'Fair and Balanced' for 21 years. So you admit then for 21 years they were 'hiding their bias'. They still don't note prior to a show which are news and which are opinion, though they'll openly tell advertisers.

As for examples of Fox supporting vigilantes, here is king grifter Tucker excusing the actions of the Lil Rambo vigilante from Kenosha

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1298783674993913856?s=20

Can you please stop lying.

1. You said Fox claim to use the slogan 'Fair and Balanced'. They don't. Now you're trying to claim you were talking about an old version of Fox. How is that relevant to today? Why can't you admit you made a mistake? Why are you pretending you are still correct even though you are wrong on this one?

2. The guy in Konosha was being attacked by a group of rioters. You literally provided video evidence of this in your post. He is legally allowed defend himself in that situation. Yet are you trying to twist this into something else. Note there is video evidence one of the people attacking him was holding a gun.

What is going on?

What exactly have I proven you right on? I've directly contradicted what you said and posted links to back that up. All you've done here is assert "I'm right" like a child, you haven't established that anything you've said is right.

Here's the article I was referencing about Carl, by the way: https://www.businessinsider.com/patreon-crowdfunding-platform-defends-itself-amid-boycott-2018-12?r=US&IR=T

Is the transcript in question. Again, not exactly the words with someone who takes issue with the alt-right for anything more than their methods, rather than their beliefs.

Should I even bother to ask for evidence of "left wing media" race baiting? Like I know this is some seriously tepid bait but if it's the best you can do then I'm not going to waste any more time on you.

Let's be clear, Sargon of Akkad who has a history of making videos saying the alt-right are terrible, and got banned from platforms for a debate he had with them, you are still trying to pretend he is alt right and supports them.

Why are you lying?

The fact you find it unbelievable CNN and MSNBC race bait... you are an ideologue or are posting in bad faith.

It's worrying how so many people like you are being manipulated by the media.

For the record I'm on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭acorntoast

"OMM 000" they are not having a conversation with you. They are defending their beliefs. You are wasting your time as they won't change their mind here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement