Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

R.I.P Chadwick Boseman.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

unhappys10 wrote: »
    He's not even buried yet and you're already talking about who plays his part next, it's insensitive and ignorant no matter what little excuse you make to yourself to justify it.
    Anyone with a bit of caring in them at all would be discussing his life and contributions etc.

Leave what's next for another day, nothing to do with family, it's to do with being decent, something you obviously know nothing about.

Wow, "insensitive and ignorant" - wind your neck in. Using this topic to throw insult is whats ignorant and indecent.

Discussing the fallout of this on the Marvel movies IS discussing his life and contributions because it was a role that meant something to people. You don't get to decide how we talk about him

brevity wrote: »

I am shocked that Cogler didn't know. I'm guessing the treatments were not affected by the shooting schedule but I was certain that the he must have known with regards prepping the sequel.

Does anyone know if Feige knew?

I liked Boseman a lot just based on his interviews for Marvel but I had given any thought to why I liked him snd it wasn't until some of the comments from people who knew him that I realised why - I cannot explain it in words except to that I saw a tiny fraction of the energy Cogler described.

It was already a gut punch knowing Boseman won't be back as T'Challa or doing thYasuke movie - but Cogler's article makes it feel worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

brevity wrote: »

Thanks for sharing that, hit me right in the feels

There is no need to recast the role leave T’Challa in memory of Chadwick.

Just pass on the mantel of Black Panther to a new character

For all we know Boseman wanted the role of T'Challa to continue so it could inspire black kids. A different male character is going to have to be a different personality.

This is what I was thinking there is no way they can just recast T'Challa. They must have known his battle and probably had an idea in mind. The only question is will they push back the movie now and when the movie will be made how will they do it. Something with the snap maybe

Cogler said he didn't know. I'm suspecting Feige didn''t either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wow, "insensitive and ignorant" - wind your neck in. Using this topic to throw insult is whats ignorant and indecent.

Discussing the fallout of this on the Marvel movies IS discussing his life and contributions because it was a role that meant something to people. You don't get to decide how we talk about him

Keep it friendly please and leave the modding to the mods.

Same goes for everyone. Seriously people it's RIP thread, take it easy!

Keep it friendly please and leave the modding to the mods.

Same goes for everyone. Seriously people it's RIP thread, take it easy!

I got annoyed someone was being that way on a thread like this but then went and did the same wrong.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

Went into Black Panther with low expectations, and it turned out to be one of the better Marvel movies.
    Its hollywood, money talks, they will just CGI T’Challa in one or two scenes the rest will be in the black panther mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cogler said he didn't know. I'm suspecting Feige didn''t either.

The top guys in the movies knew like Feige they said they did but were not asked to tell anyone

EDIT: he did not know apparently but I had read somewhere that he told some of the top brass

The top guys in the movies knew like Feige they said they did but were not asked to tell anyone

EDIT: he did not know apparently but I had read somewhere that he told some of the top brass

I was certain he would have told Cogler and Feige because they have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders. Plus Black Panther 2 had been moved to a later production and release date for no apparent reason.

Boseman did not the role in the MCU lightly so if he didn't at least tell Feige then he must have thought he was going to be fit to work. I wonder if Covid impacted on his treatment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I was certain he would have told Cogler and Feige because they have a lot of responsibilities on their shoulders. Plus Black Panther 2 had been moved to a later production and release date for no apparent reason.

Boseman did not the role in the MCU lightly so if he didn't at least tell Feige then he must have thought he was going to be fit to work. I wonder if Covid impacted on his treatment?

I be thinking the same as you. Was feeling fine and would do this movie and see or he was planning on telling them he was leaving at the end but the conversation never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 85,003 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sienna Miller revealed that the late Chadwick Boseman reduced his own earnings from the film 21 Bridges to increase her salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,003 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Chadwick Boseman posthumously is winning the best actor Oscar

Advertisement