Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I swear some on here seem annoyed by any sort of personality. Its no wonder 95% of the tour are different colours of beige

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Non speith fan club as well, bit of a spoilt child, and genuinely thinks he's unlucky, even though it's the complete opposite. The amount of lucky breaks he gets is ridiculous

Yes and the harder he practices, the luckier he gets. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

AdamD wrote: »
    I swear some on here seem annoyed by any sort of personality. Its no wonder 95% of the tour are different colours of beige

So you are a fan of all the golfers? There is no single golfer that does something that annoys you or makes you think they are a bit of a di*k?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

AdamD wrote: »

Absolutely, any golfer showing emotion or personality or making a bit of noise either on or off the course gets quickly hated on.

Probably the thing I hate most hate about golf are the conservative, traditionalist viewpoints. Golfers should be seen not heard and just play the game and shut up. Everything from dress code to etiquette to views on and around golf it's still mostly stuck in the past. I remember a few years ago a golfer on tour wore a hoody playing and the outrage was unbelievable.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Absolutely, any golfer showing emotion or personality or making a bit of noise either on or off the course gets quickly hated on.

Probably the thing I hate most hate about golf are the conservative, traditionalist viewpoints. Golfers should be seen not heard and just play the game and shut up. Everything from dress code to etiquette to views on and around golf it's still mostly stuck in the past. I remember a few years ago a golfer on tour wore a hoody playing and the outrage was unbelievable.

I'm the opposite in that I love the etiquette of the game.

I hate to see guys on the course in hoodies, football shirts or track suits .

Plus I hate to see anybody spitting (which in fairness Spieth does not do).

It's just this habit he has of shouting at the ball on every shot (which I've noticed is creeping into the club game as well) is so needless and annoying and has nothing to do with having a "personality".

You've hit the shot, shouting after it isn't gonna affect it.

Just find it and move on without the amateur dramatics,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Mac_Lad71 wrote: »
    I'm the opposite in that I love the etiquette of the game.

I hate to see guys on the course in hoodies, football shirts or track suits .

Plus I hate to see anybody spitting (which in fairness Spieth does not do).

It's just this habit he has of shouting at the ball on every shot (which I've noticed is creeping into the club game as well) is so needless and annoying and has nothing to do with having a "personality".

You've hit the shot, shouting after it isn't gonna affect it.

Just find it and move on without the amateur dramatics,

clothes are clothes man, I don't get the fuss about what people wear on the golf course. Its why I love Keopka, he would go around in shorts and singlet if he was let...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

I think I’m probably the stereotype of an Irish sports fan. My first and foremost concern when watching a golf tournament is how the Irish golfers are doing. I’ve been like that since the days of Christy O’Connor senior, back when it was a lot harder to keep track of what was happening if the golf wasn’t being televised live. Teletext was a prime source of updates back then.

While I’ve always taken an interest in all Irish golfers, I have had particular favourites from time to time and I remember being particularly ecstatic when Padraig won his majors and to only a slightly lesser extent when Shane won The Open.

But that doesn’t mean that I don’t have my likes and dislikes among non Irish golfers. Patrick Reed gets my back up and I’m not a particular fan of either Bryson or Brooks. And I’ve always been bothered by Sergio’s attitude towards Padraig, even if they have purportedly ‘buried the hatchet’.

Brooks and De Chambeau feud is getting rather personal. The latest events overnight doing nothing to ease tensions and if anything things are getting even more spiky between the two major champions. Imagine the scenes if they are paired together in a tournament. Imagine if that tournament was in a major. Dare I say it just the thoughts of them in the final group on Sunday should be box office!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Ridiculous round from Rahm, tournament is pretty much over before round 4.

One of the worst shirts I've ever seen from a pro golfer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Oh what's going on here lads?? What has Rahm done??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh what's going on here lads?? What has Rahm done??

Just came back in to see something. Only be plenty shots I assume and still a hefty lead. He said "not again" so must be a repeat

Edit: positive for Covid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Covid.. Fecking hell... Ahhh lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wouldbt fancy winning this one now, would feel a bit odd

• Registered Users Posts: 20 WWEfansince90s

Ah they have to let him play tomorrow

Ah they have to let him play tomorrow

He's officially withdrawn.

Massive asterisk on the tournament now obviously

I'd be getting a retest if I was him and surely anyone he's played with has to be tested before tomorrow as well now.

Exactly wrote: »
    I'd be getting a retest if I was him and surely anyone he's played with has to be tested before tomorrow as well now.

Apparently he had two today and both were positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 shipkast5

So whoever he played with today and both rounds Thursday and Friday are under spotlight now.
    And the lads he played with Thurs and Fri obviously played with few other lads today, going to be mayhem over there and then the practice rounds too

Just reading that now. Very unfortunate for him but has been hanging over him since Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

His preparation for the US Open will be a mess now too. Meant to quarantine till the Tuesday June 15th. Awful pity. Was playing some serious golf. Outside of the professional side. He wont be able to return to his wife and new kid either. Can't be good for him ahead of a tournament hed have been circling on the calendar no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

shipkast5 wrote:
    So whoever he played with today and both rounds Thursday and Friday are under spotlight now. And the lads he played with Thurs and Fri obviously played with few other lads today, going to be mayhem over there and then the practice rounds too

No ,they probably won't be deemed close contacts and if they are they will get the same option as rahm got last Monday

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    No ,they probably won't be deemed close contacts and if they are they will get the same option as rahm got last Monday

What was the story since Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

shipkast5 wrote:
    What was the story since Monday?

He was informed he was a close contact and given the option of PGA tour tracing protocols ,he had to be tested every day and not use any indoor facility at the tournament. He tested negative every day until today so the protocols mean he had to go straight in to isolation for ten days . Unfortunate for sure

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    He was informed he was a close contact and given the option of PGA tour tracing protocols ,he had to be tested every day and not use any indoor facility at the tournament. He tested negative every day until today so the protocols mean he had to go straight in to isolation for ten days . Unfortunate for sure

So Cantley n Scheffler could by rights play tomorrow still, watched the golf tonight but at same time, never noticed was Rahm n playing partners keeping distance, presume they were as must have known what could be happening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

shipkast5 wrote: »
    So Cantley n Scheffler could by rights play tomorrow still, watched the golf tonight but at same time, never noticed was Rahm n playing partners keeping distance, presume they were as must have known what could be happening

Cantlay and Scheffler both had Covid they said themselves so they’re not worried themselves. Not sure what the rules say. I think they’ll start the same process Rahm did on Monday and so long as they return negative tests they can keep playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think whoever wins should donate the difference between first and second prize to Rahm's choice of charity. He probably has his own one.

After tonight, bookies will have to add to their golf odds, money back if player tests positive.

A good few are bound to have Rahm backed this weekend, even though course has been altered

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

shipkast5 wrote: »

I’ll have to watch again but when he had his hole in one he didn’t high five any of the other players which normally happens.

What a **** situation after one of the best performances of his career so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ah lads how unlucky can you get!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Probably a very to win the US Open now. Maybe written as a small redemption written in the stars story.

Playing class, has won around torrey before and it’s where he proposed to his now wife.

Advertisement