Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most important life lesson?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Never vote for a party that hates you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Scooooooterrr

:D Skip to 2.28 RAVE ON

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Never vote for a party that hates you.

That rules out every party.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

:D Skip to 2.28 RAVE ON

Great stuff, glad someone got the reference! Those were the days indeed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
    Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.
    -Mark Twain.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Ladygoodman1

really think about the person u marry. Are u suited. Dont marry off pure lust its very confusing and hard to leave and results in a lifetime of stress and top notch sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

If it looks like sh1t, and it tastes like sh1t, then stop eating it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its your job to understand the darkness but not to get rid of it. But the dark can never understand you.

I used to think it was about getting rid of the bad things or people. Now i realize its about understanding them.

I also realize these people or environments can't understand me ..or some people can't ...and I have to accept this.

The darkness in people doesn't understand us.

Its the light in them that does.

Not everyone will get an opportunity with you. Life is unfair. Not everyone will win your lottery.

I don't have to give everyone a golden ticket in life. I don't have to give everyone a golden ticket to my life ..my mind etc.

Don't date people more attractive than you or richer than you ....

'I am smarter than most people. ' Is something dumb people think.

Oh and that people think the way i express myself is terrible in english!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭worded

eat as many of these as possible

God god I discovered these today....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSiM4z5hdg0

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Forget this early bird gets the worm bullcrap

Remember the second mouse gets the cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

As Limmy says

If it looks like pish, smells like pish and tastes like Pish it is Pish

Neames wrote: »
    Forget this early bird gets the worm bullcrap

Remember the second mouse gets the cheese.
    im lazy ...i will use this

im lazy ...i will use this

Your song ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvox6TZmyL0

Never water a mans whiskey

Never ask a woman her age

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Life is like a canvas, you have to throw as much different colour paint at it as possible - Danny Kaye

worded wrote: »
    feelin it!

Can't think of one so I will steal the one Derren Brown has been saying recently:

Most people would stop caring what others think about them - if they only knew how seldom they actually do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Can't think of one so I will steal the one Derren Brown has been saying recently:

Most people would stop caring what others think about them - if they only knew how seldom they actually do.

That's what scares me most of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It ain't a crime if you don't get caught, that's how it is homey like it or not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is not the lie, it is the lie in the liar.

I always tell the truth, even when I lie.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 41 Laughing with Me

If someone has the power to make you feel good, they also have the power to make you feel bad. And don't think they aren't aware of when they make you feel good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Firstly, never stick a banger up your arse at halloween.

Marriage is not for everyone. Don't do it just because your mother told you that you have to.

Get as much sex as you can when you are young. Despite what people will tell you, people are sexual beings and are made to shag each others brains out. You'll be the happier for it.

Work is overrated. Necessary but overrated. Don't think too much about building a career. Build a life.

I'm not usually a big people person but meaningful relationships can be really rewarding. Hold on to whatever real friends you have. You'll only ever have one or two but that is all you need.

Saving is a great habit to get in to.

Neither a borrower no a lender be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hard work doesn't get you anywhere, except landed with more work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭daheff

Only if you look after no1 can you guarantee no1 gets looked after.

That's what scares me most of all.

I think he phrased it better than I did when he said it actually. As when I read what I wrote it suggests that people are not thinking about each other _at all_ which is scary as you say.

What I think he was saying at the time was we would be less concerned about the value judgements people think about us if we realised how seldom they actually do.

This is why I totally suck at little soundbytes for threads like this. Most of the actually useful life lessons I have learned take a medium sized essay to explain. I can ne'er do it as a one liner.

The only really life changing life lesson I ever had that improved _my_ own life was shifting the variables by which I judged myself from toxic ones to healthy ones. But the only one liners I have heard about that sound smug and self righteous even when they are well meaning. The podcaster Blindboy for example would call it "Shifting from an external to internal locus of self-evaluation".

I know what he means. But it sounds like a smug self-**** too :)

Never stop learning ...keep taking classes keep going to public lectures etc. Whenever you can.

Advertisement