Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabin connected to main house

Options
2»

Comments

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'm not being sharp or sarcastic.... But it's frustrating to keep repeating this stuff over and over.

They don't comply with building regulations as permanent houses.

The log cabins don't, caravans don't, trailer parks don't.

Not everyone in the country is 100% compliant with the law, so it's not surprising at all that there are people who either knowingly or unknowingly breaking the law.

well you haven't repeated it over and over to me on this thread so I don't know what you're talking about! Maybe you have previously in other threads but I am specifically talking about properties which are sold on MyHome.ie from this mobile home park, legitimately, through estate agents . For some reason I would have assumed these were compliant if they were put up for sale on a site like MyHome.ie? But maybe I am wrong.

Not everyone has your expertise and very many people come on to Boards with genuine questions .... its not nice to be shut down and made feel stupid for wanting information.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I am specifically talking about properties which are sold on MyHome.ie from this mobile home park, legitimately, through estate agents . For some reason I would have assumed these were compliant if they were put up for sale on a site like MyHome.ie? But maybe I am wrong.

Daft / MyHome don't have a problem with adverts for holiday homes. It is up to the purchaser to satisfy themselves that the planning permission is appropriate for their intended purpose.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,378 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

well you haven't repeated it over and over to me on this thread so I don't know what you're talking about! Maybe you have previously in other threads but I am specifically talking about properties which are sold on MyHome.ie from this mobile home park, legitimately, through estate agents . For some reason I would have assumed these were compliant if they were put up for sale on a site like MyHome.ie? But maybe I am wrong.

Not everyone has your expertise and very many people come on to Boards with genuine questions .... its not nice to be shut down and made feel stupid for wanting information.

I'll direct you to posts #2 and #4 in this thread.... And to my first post in the thread as well.

Graham wrote: »
    Daft / MyHome don't have a problem with adverts for holiday homes. It is up to the purchaser to satisfy themselves that the planning permission is appropriate for their intended purpose.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I'll direct you to posts #2 and #4 in this thread.... And to my first post in the thread as well.

And the 568 other threads on log cabins in this forum alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

OP here. Thanks for all the replies but wow did this post go off course.

We are now looking at a block built granny flat connected to the main house.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

j14 wrote: »
    OP here. Thanks for all the replies but wow did this post go off course.

We are now looking at a block built granny flat connected to the main house.

Better build.
    Legal.
    Can be converted back to the main dwelling after its intended use.

It’s a better way to do it.

Advertisement