Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

These people, bitching and moaning followed by we appreciate public health concerns, F*** Right Off.

The ploughing championship is all about profit, nothing more, nothing less

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Lol, callans take on Luke o Neill brilliant, have to say Luke was once a breath of fresh air but more recently has reverted to a breath of Hot Air

This evening's Callan's Kicks sounds worth tuning-in for.

"Scuba-diving gear and a dialysis machine" on sale at Lidl! It could happen. I've met a bloke coming out of there with a saddle.

This evening's Callan's Kicks sounds worth tuning-in for.

"Scuba-diving gear and a dialysis machine" on sale at Lidl! It could happen. I've met a bloke coming out of there with a saddle.

Yep, I went for some groceries recently, left with a wet suit, Chainsaw, snow boots, electric scooter, it was like the generation game :)

Fight!!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Govt TD rewriting history.

O dear God, not owning freehold would be a disaster, serious issues with this in the UK and for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 66,973 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wow, getting nasty. Claire losing it with Jennifer.

Jennifer backpedalling furiously.

Wow, getting nasty. Claire losing it with Jennifer.

Jennifer backpedalling furiously.

Jennifer comes across as being quite snotty and patronising as well as being not very informed

• Registered Users Posts: 71,723 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

They should always use the sound of the Angelus to signal time’s up, especially when talking to a politician :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Dempo1 wrote: »
    These people, bitching and moaning followed by we appreciate public health concerns, F*** Right Off.

The ploughing championship is all about profit, nothing more, nothing less

There's something very unlikeable about Ann Marie McHugh.

Probably has something to do with nepotism/cronyism.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    There's something very unlikeable about Ann Marie McHugh.

Probably has something to do with nepotism/cronyism.

Indeed, silver spoon etc etc, I'd love to know where all the profits go in this curious not so little entity. Very little info available or indeed disclosed and I somehow doubt very much as was claimed by Anna that they've been running the event at cost for the past few years. Some of the stall prices beyond outlandish. I recall a customer of mine quoted €3k for broadband for 3 days at the last one, I had him set up and running for €20 in about 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,176 ✭✭✭Good loser

Jennifer comes across as being quite snotty and patronising as well as being not very informed

What about the bould Claire herself? Very, very testy about J Cahill having a shareholding in Glanbia - and commenting about the Taisce affair.
    What about if he has 100 or 1,000 shares? Does that matter?

Also she seems to think An Taisce is above and beyond criticism. To what other body does this rule apply? Glanbia has already crossed three legal hurdles.

Justice Humphreys said "Law impermissibly becomes 'politics by another means'
    when it annexes, for inflexible judicial determination, territory that properly belongs to open and democratic debate"

Good loser wrote: »
    What about the bould Claire herself? Very, very testy about J Cahill having a shareholding in Glanbia - and commenting about the Taisce affair.
    What about if he has 100 or 1,000 shares? Does that matter?

Also she seems to think An Taisce is above and beyond criticism. To what other body does this rule apply? Glanbia has already crossed three legal hurdles.

Justice Humphreys said "Law impermissibly becomes 'politics by another means'
    when it annexes, for inflexible judicial determination, territory that properly belongs to open and democratic debate"

Yes, I also agree, in fact Claire showed an incredible lack of objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Indeed, silver spoon etc etc, I'd love to know where all the profits go in this curious not so little entity. Very little info available or indeed disclosed and I somehow doubt very much as was claimed by Anna that they've been running the event at cost for the past few years. Some of the stall prices beyond outlandish. I recall a customer of mine quoted €3k for broadband for 3 days at the last one, I had him set up and running for €20 in about 2 minutes.

I would guess land owners would get a massive wedge. Giving over hundreds of acres to plough up. Setting up the event, the tracks takes months aswell.

Insurance would be massive aswell I'd imagine.

Lots of portaloos, security, car park attendants etc. Not cheap.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I would guess land owners would get a massive wedge. Giving over hundreds of acres to plough up. Setting up the event, the tracks takes months aswell.

Insurance would be massive aswell I'd imagine.

Lots of portaloos, security, car park attendants etc. Not cheap.

I still suspect a spot of "Milking'" it is going on and yes, with those portaloo"s, someone "Flush" with wonga :) of course expenses "Plough" through profits but "Udder" than that I'm sure they've been on "Track" to make plenty of profits :)

I'm delighted for retailers but do we really need to hear about the excitement, Pent up demand, weeks of cleaning, weeks of preparation FFS, god I remember the daily reports from closed pubs when it seemed owners were endlessly wiping down counters and tables that hadn't been used in months, stocking fridges that didn't need stock etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the delights of munster

same as everywhere, expensive accommodation, sit outside restaurant/pub getting wet ......

dont get me started on west cork, was there a few years ago hope the restaurants are open all week in skibbereen in august this year!

the delights of munster

same as everywhere, expensive accommodation, sit outside restaurant/pub getting wet ......

Yes, you'll need crypto currency to book accommodation in Ireland this summer. Ah Ballydahob, I actually had a teacher from there, I never believed such a place existed. This said, some amazing restaurants and one I believe had a Michelin star

Failte Ireland new promo pic :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Yes, you'll need crypto currency to book accommodation in Ireland this summer. Ah Ballydahob, I actually had a teacher from there, I never believed such a place existed. This said, some amazing restaurants and one I believe had a Michelin star

actually had a great meal there a thai restaurant run by a french women, only opened on a wednesday (in august) because we had a group booking ! (
    edit: bally bia !)

for a supposed foodie destination i actually thought west cork very poor

actually had a great meal there a thai restaurant run by a french women, only opened on a wednesday because we had a group booking !

Restaurant Chestnut the one I was thinking about. There's genuinely is some fine restaurants in the most unexpected places.

I had one in Dingle for a number of years, certainly not Michelin standard but was one of a very select few that opened all year round. I actually introduced the concept of early bird menu and caused consternation. I figured a full restaurant between 5 & 7 was better than an empty one. I recalled at the time my 3 course early bird = the price of a starter in some very high end establishments

Jesus, John Simpson still going, likeable all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭B2021M

Yes, I also agree, in fact Claire showed an incredible lack of objectivity.

Is like that in practically all debates. On television has a look of disbelief if others have a different opinion.

B2021M wrote: »
    Is like that in practically all debates. On television has a look of disbelief if others have a different opinion.

After I saw the surreal mock ups she does on that awful show, I gave up watching , just appalling stuff, treating the nation like they are brainless buffoons

After I saw the surreal mock ups she does on that awful show, I gave up watching , just appalling stuff, treating the nation like they are brainless buffoons

Beyond appalling! And as for the smart phone surveys of 1,000 people that set the agenda for the debate........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

B2021M wrote: »
    Beyond appalling! And as for the smart phone surveys of 1,000 people that set the agenda for the debate........

She thinks she's doing something revolutionary with the props and surveys..

In a world where the most sophisticated opinion polls get things wrong how could an Amarach smart phone poll of 1,000 people not be accurate.....?!

She actually does which is the most extraordinary thing about her dreadful TV show

• Advertisement

Revolutionary is probably not a word anyone would associate with Claire Byrne, and I doubt she does, herself.

Where is anyone getting the impression that she calls her broadcasting production revolutionary?

Advertisement