Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 1: 'Today' with Claire Byrne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

As they pass of some chick lit as a book club, there is a loud lawnmower working away in the background :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

As they pass of some chick lit as a book club, there is a loud lawnmower working away in the background :rolleyes:

Nice bit of alliteration there Losty, has to be lauded.

Nice bit of alliteration there Losty, has to be lauded.

Lousy lauding, you ludicrous layabout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think it’s becoming clear now that the show will have a definite “women’s issues” focus for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,932 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I think it’s becoming clear now that the show will have a definite “women’s issues” focus for the foreseeable.

I think that became clear the minute Claire took over this show :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

It'll need a month of Myles Dungan history shows to detox it at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Use a clean cloth to clean your kitchen!
    I’d never have copped that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭cozar

Cleaning tips now for all the lady listeners. As a woman this is just my kind of topic on a prime time news slot. Sudsy sponges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭archfi

Minimum 50% household/fashion/hairdo tips kinda show now.
    Sigh.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,079 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

archfi wrote: »
    Minimum 50% household/fashion/hairdo tips kinda show now.
    Sigh.

Yes , has taken a swing in that direction.

Not a two hours that one puts in ones diary anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭boardise

I would derive great pleasure from giving an allmerciful kick in the hole to whoever came up with those words..... "glamping" and"staycation"

'allmerciful' ? - looks like a blendword from 'almighty' and 'unmerciful'

[- ironic , since ' glamping and 'staycation' are also blends !:D ]

Hard disagree with Karl Deeter's supply-side economic outlook, but he's a very good contributor, useful for spotting glitches in policy. It's very good when a guest forces you to re-think an opinion you had firmly held. Maybe he should have his own programme.

We could get rid of a half-hour of housework tips perhaps.

A favourite of mine in Gick, pretty much sums up this show :)

This bit on local slang/ language is fascinating. Very interesting. Who is the traveller guest?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Yeah, I don't mind this actually.

Far better than contributors with distinctive double barrel surnames who tell us to use a clean cloth. For cleaning.

Wick!!! This is getting on my Wick :)

I'm hiking outta here

Harry McGee is no stranger to Conamara. He has very nice Irish too. He knows what he's talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

More vacuous nonsense.

Harry McGee is no stranger to Conamara. He has very nice Irish too. He knows what he's talking about.

Yeah but Roz Purcell on hiking?

And as for Catherine the clueless DIY blogger; she sounds and comes over as if she's a 4th year schoolkid thats doing a blog for her project in Transition Year.

• Advertisement

And as for Catherine the clueless DIY blogger; she sounds and comes over as if she's a 4th year schoolkid thats doing a blog for her project in Transition Year.

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Was that who the other guest was? I'm not sure who she is, sounds vaguely like an RTE celebrity.

McGee's contribution was good though. He should replace John G O'Dwyer's Irish Times articles if he ever decides to give up the politics.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Couldn't have said it better myself :)

Mind you she had a good grasp of many standard DIY terms; decluttering, upcycing and buying cuddle cushions in IKEA :rolleyes:

Was that who the other guest was? I'm not sure who she is, sounds vaguely like an RTE celebrity.

Yep, she's just another Instahun.

Pascal certainly has his hands full

Absolutely disgusting this attack on health systems IT infrastructure, the lowest of the low.

I doubt very much we'll be told if a ransom has been demanded and definitely won't be told if one is paid.

This only a day after a payment was made by a large Pipeline company in the states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 riewomann

Oh god, this corrupt alcoholic on now.

Who's up next, Michael Lowry with some home improvement tips?

riewomann wrote: »
    Oh god, this corrupt alcoholic on now.

Who's up next, Michael Lowry with some home improvement tips?

LOL :) still don't get Bertie being courted for interviews, yes his contribution to the peace process acknowledged but my word, this guy has some dirty laundry, I just can't get Paddy the Plaster out of my mind. He certainly was the most Cunning and Devious of them all as another chancer, Charles J Haughey put it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusting this attack on health systems IT infrastructure, the lowest of the low.

I doubt very much we'll be told if a ransom has been demanded and definitely won't be told if one is paid.

This only a day after a payment was made by a large Pipeline company in the states

not the first time either, seems like they didnt learn from the last one.

i have a pile of windows 7 machines in my office which we arent allowed to use as they arent secure anymore, we spent the money moving everything to win 10.

• Advertisement

not the first time either, seems like they didnt learn from the last one.

i have a pile of windows 7 machines in my office which we arent allowed to use as they arent secure anymore, we spent the money moving everything to win 10.

Odd as it seems, the fact the HSE IT systems are so antiquated ( as we're led to believe), might be a good thing in terms of minimising any damage.

I've a advent Netbook, still operating on XP Professional, apart from annoying update notifications, its still working brilliantly, only use it for bed time news browsing

Advertisement