Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin 1Gb now available.

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MugsGame

I'm not the only one on this thread that thinks they would benefit from higher upload speeds.

I'm surprised you didn't tell me that my local hardware wouldn't be capable of serving files that quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got about three emails about the deal in a week, 5 or so extra a month not bad.

But like mugsgame, i would prefer upload speeds to be boosted, I have 2TB of google drive, i could put a lot of stuff onto, even use it as an "external drive" and save space on my physical ones, but not with the current upload speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

There was a thread about how much people are paying for VM. Anyone know if it still exists?

For what it is worth, last year I paid €44 x 6 months + €92 x 6 months (€816 per year) for 1gb broadband and home phone.

I rang them this morning and they offered €68 x 6 months + €83 x 6 months (€906 per year).

I didnt accept, was just wondering what others are paying!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

500mb Broadband Only

Was paying €75 Per Month

Called a week ago and got

500mb Broadband only for €45 9 months and €70 3 Months

€615 per year.

Just had too cancel as in the email and phone call they never mentioned the landline isn't included

So in my case it would go up 8 something not 5 something

Unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

VM customer here on a basic 250mb plan which is serving us fine. Our only other option currently is Eir 100mb as we're not fibre enabled yet.

The KN trucks arrived on our road today and I got excited it might be Eir fibre but its actually VM doing an upgrade on their network to fibre. Presume the only real benefit here would be speed bumps to 2 or 10 gbps to our existing services rather than the opportunity to shop around and get some new customer offers?

The proposed Vodafone Virgin partnership hasn't materialised as of yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's been signed, so you'd imagine VF will start using the VM network sometime this year and provide some competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

1 gig with home phone and TV - full price normally 112, they offered at 102 for 9 months, and revert back to full price for final 3 months of 12 month contract.

I took it, but didnt think the offer was great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,848 ✭✭✭Gusser09

With SIRO and Eir starting to cover more urban areas you would think it would be in Virgins interests to get Vodafone onboard as a reseller asap. At least they would be making something rather than losing customers to other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭EarWig

Virgin's problem is that it's prices are out of line with the others. It's monopoly pricing.

They will try to hold on to that for as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

virgin prices are only going up and up - they keep "upgrading" our speeds, we were ok with the 100/150 mb, but you've no option for a lower speed service - what does that tell you.

im just trying to try and sort out the old ph line to get eir into the house, it'll be less than half of what we pay @ 35e a month for 2 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

Vm have had a reseller agreement with Vodafone, but when I asked Vodafone if this was available, they said they couldn't tell if my connection would be with siro or vm cable

The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well Vodafone don’t currently make use of the Virgin Media network at all.

Vodafone currently resell on either the SIRO network of the OpenEir FTTH network depending on location.

Vodafone have come to an agreement to use VM’s network, but it hasn’t started yet and it doesn’t look like they will be selling VM cable anyway. It looks like they will only be selling in areas where VM replace the cable with FTTH.

Id guess in time the plan is for Vodafone to use Siro wherever available and replace using openEir with VM FTTH network everywhere else, largely the most urban areas.

Still not getting 100 upload even thought listed on my account 1000Mb / 1Mb

Reset router

Got onto live chat an they denied i could get it, then reset something their end

Annoying to think double the speed but I am guessing in my area of D15 it cant be got

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

I really wish these fecks would bring FTTH to Dublin proper. So much of Dublin now has worse broadband then a field in Mayo. It's strange.

Advertisement