Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LMS 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ace2007 wrote: »
    All McBain's transfers were done on the 3rd - including buying and selling Vardy - his team also has Hamez 2nd sub and DCL as 3rd Sub - then again maybe he feels strongly that they won't out return his other players - strange.

Must have forgot to wildcard?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Must have forgot to wildcard?

He has already wildcarded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Same as last season lads, I'm a player who enjoyed a good squad turnover and transfer hits! I was very unhappy with my squad and was looking to take it a different direction.

Captain VVD was a wee punt, Pickford put me back into my box on that one (btw how that wasn't given as a red card for the foul on VVD is nothing short as astounding).

Anyways, it's the quickest week that anyone has been eliminated in this lms, 45 mins into 1 match of the gw lol.

Thanks for running lads, it's a great competition. Will keep an eye on this to see how it goes for rest of the season.

Thanks for taking one for the team McBain.

We need more heroes like you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

McBain11 wrote: »
    Same as last season lads, I'm a player who enjoyed a good squad turnover and transfer hits! I was very unhappy with my squad and was looking to take it a different direction.

Captain VVD was a wee punt, Pickford put me back into my box on that one (btw how that wasn't given as a red card for the foul on VVD is nothing short as astounding).

Anyways, it's the quickest week that anyone has been eliminated in this lms, 45 mins into 1 match of the gw lol.

Thanks for running lads, it's a great competition. Will keep an eye on this to see how it goes for rest of the season.
    Thanks for taking one for the team McBain.

We need more heroes like you

Jayus McBain, a -24! :eek:

And there I was worried that the -8 I took was excessive. If I had known that - I would have done another -4 to get KDB out!

That VVD captaincy both brave and unlucky.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Safe with my -8 So

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Why couldnt this gamble have been done in a week I was struggling!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

McBain11 wrote: »

Crazy to think that you go into Monday's games with a fighting chance of staying up - your best chance from what i can see is

Jimenez and Kilch outscoring Bamford (c) + 9 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Crazy to think that you go into Monday's games with a fighting chance of staying up - your best chance from what i can see is

That’s me with bamford (c) !! I will also have 2points coming in for vardy no show.

The villa goal took away two clean sheets, vardy no show gives me a massive 2points from st. Maximin .... started so well with DCL, Rodriquez and salah all getting points, after that it’s been watching EVERYONE else gain points.

If he does survive it will be well deserved, fantastic to take a -24 and survive the game week, balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

It's a 3 horse race I think but McBain is an underdog

McBain 27 pts with Klich and Jimi to pay
    Fr Hernandez 29pts with Johnstone, Costa, Podence and Jimi to play
    Irishphhotodesk 36 Pts with Bamford (C) to play

So McBain needs Klich to outscore Johnstone, Costa and Podence (combined) by 2 or for Bamford to blank and Klich/Jimi to score well.

• Advertisement

That's the beauty of the game imo. Last season, I took the best part of 150 points in hits iirc, and before lockdown in March my team was motoring up the table OR. In terms of h2h, lms comps, etc. such a policy is disastrous though.

So this season, I'll be changing it up at times but trying to take less hits overall (even though I'm half contemplating a couple of hits again this week!). My biggest mistake this weekend in terms of lms was my captaining of VVD, a big gamble that horribly backfired. La joie de vivre eh.

What does Mcbain need from here? a Klich or Jimmy goal with no Bamford involvement now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Has he only gone and done it, have rename tournament

No, unfortunately McBain is gone.
    Looks like a 3 point differential.

Jimi (8) and Kilch (2) didn't do enough to make up the 9 point differential on Bamford Captain (4)

No, unfortunately McBain is gone.
    Looks like a 3 point differential.

Jimi (8) and Kilch (2) didn't do enough to make up the 9 point differential on Bamford Captain (4)

All I can say is ... Phew !

Would have been fantastic for McBain if he managed a -24 and survived... I suspect that I may not last much longer.

Ah the joys of it, live by the sword die by the sword!

Great competition and serious effort put in by CSF organising it and normanoffside, Fingers and others do brilliant regular updates.

Will keep an eye on this comp during the season, best of luck to all and maybe after getting over the line tonight, it could well be your year Irishphotodesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mectavba took a -44 so think we're all safe this week - i'm guessing he forget to confirm the WC and/or forgot the deadline was tonight

mectavba took a -44 so think we're all safe this week - i'm guessing he forget to confirm the WC and/or forgot the deadline was tonight

Thought I was gonna be sweaty on a -4.

Mectavba going down as a hero just like Mcbain

• Registered Users Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Jayus! Poor fecker. Sickner altogether.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/448186/event/6

My first reaction was you were codding!
    And there I was wondering if I should not have taken a minus 4.

He will probably still finish above me in OR
    Mectavba was about 50 points ahead of me and ranked 350K

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I'm still not 100% confident ... Lets face it mcBain did not struggle with his points hit, he was very unlucky ... It went down to the last few kicks in the final game of that week.

Mectavba .... Best of luck !! Hope you survive... Just not at my expense lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I only have 9 guaranteed starters so theres hope for him

For the record:

26 have captained Salah
    7 Have captained kane
    1 ( ronan.h) has captained Maupay :eek:

2 Wildcards
    1 x -44
    3 x -8
    10 x -4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Looking forward to seeing who is next week’s sacrificial lamb. Tough on mectavba but a lesson for all ‘hit the Wildcard button‘ especially with a Friday night fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Confirmed that I just completely forgot to hit wildcard... not part of any grand plan. Moving home during covid this weekend is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I will be in transit until Monday afternoon so won't find out the inevitable outcome until then either

patmac wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing who is next week’s sacrificial lamb.

I hear it's you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Bollix, wouldn’t be surprised the way this year is going.

For once I'm confident it isn't me this week.... genuinely go into each gameweek with the fear !!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

For the record:

26 have captained Salah
    7 Have captained kane
    1 ( ronan.h) has captained Maupay :eek:

2 Wildcards
    1 x -44
    3 x -8
    10 x -4

Brighton have a big scoring match in them and who better than WBA to give you that... worth an early season punt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Johnstone save point.

Like Pope last year he turns into Lev Yashin the minute I sell him

Edit..oops wrong thread but the point stands :-)

• Advertisement

mectavba wrote: »
    Confirmed that I just completely forgot to hit wildcard... not part of any grand plan. Moving home during covid this weekend is my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I will be in transit until Monday afternoon so won't find out the inevitable outcome until then either

Officially gone. Sorry.

Advertisement