Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19 in Carlow

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

A bit late for those posters as most people are vaccinated . I doubt stickers on poles will influence school goers as they probably will not see them as they are looking at their phones for guidance .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

It seems Carlow is now second most infected county, are there any known big outbreaks or is it some kind of "organic" growth?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GreenRdBoy

High in infections but a very high rate of vaccination.....how is this? This cursed thing will last a very long time yet

• Registered Users Posts: 23 GreenRdBoy

Still second highest, only behind Donegal. Not a word about it from local doctors, community leaders or god forbid a politician. Nothing!!

Carlow with the highest rate for the second week running and nearly double the national avergae last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

St. Claires Hospitality Kitchen'd to pull their Facebook page down last Friday; anti-vaxxers'd lumped in, piled on under certain posts, Status Updates about the kitchen having to, oh, you know, comply with health & safety guidelines & that they were still giving out takeaway meals to those unvaccinated who come to the door.

It's situations like that (majority, maybe even all of those commenting aren't local of course but would no doubt be aware of the local anti-vaxxer population; I could name and/or identify at least 10, maybe 15 off top of my head albeit by PM only obviously) that would make me not have an issue regarding DVC or CVC for indoor gatherings/dining going forward whether that's a Govt. mandate or policy of organisation or outlet/establishment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

Has anyone gone to a walk in booster clinic in the Dolmen centre? Just wondering what the wait time and queues have been like in January. thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It seems to depend on the time of day, from what I've heard. I've had a friend wait 20 minutes and another nearly 2 hours. With the primary aged children now eligible, I'd imagine queues are longer, though? Depending on your age, you might be lucky, look at the times on this link and avoid primary school start and stop times as well as lunchtimes, perhaps?

https://www2.hse.ie/services/covid-19-vaccination-centres/?county=Carlow&id=70

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

The childrens clinics are at different times to the walk ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭bytheglass

i went 2:15pm on the 11th and it took 20 mins. Queue appeared long but moved fast. I didn’t have to wait the 15mins at the end as I’d had Pfizer at previous doses

• Advertisement
Advertisement