Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions

Options
13»

Comments

I had an interview with one of those agencies a few months ago, and the lady conducting the interview laughed when i hesitated over the "would you ask for directions, if you were lost?" question. I wouldn't tbh. She said most guys who answered that question wouldn't ask for directions. I wonder why.

I wouldn't think badly of anyone who asked me for directions, but I still wouldn't ask.

This is a different subject, but the question reminds me of visiting the home of the parents of a college girfriend, years ago. I went into the kitchen and asked "can I help with something?", thinking I'd be asked to chop onions or whatever. The Mum goes "Oh yes, please! can you make a Caprese?" and handed me a packet of tomatoes, and some mozarella balls (??).

"No problem!" I said, mystified. Now this was in 2008, long before the iPhone. I just decided to put two-and-two together, A Caprese must be a tomato on a slice of Mozarella? No, it isn't. I even cut the tomato into little heart-shapes, really proud of myself.

They were very nice about it, althought probably as bewildered as I was.

Some people just hate admitting they don't know something, whether it's directions or anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I find women are really poor at knowing the difference between left and right.

Advertisement