Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,071 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's pretty big, I make most of the export from charging my large battery (80kWh) up at night at full whack for 3 hours and then discharging it back into the grid slowly during the day (21h)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭johndoe11

Very strong sun here in the Midlands today. My Solis 6kw inverter is hitting peaks of 7.5kw output for a 8.4kw east west system, not sure how that is even possible.

Show me the money 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I agree, 100kWh or go home 😎

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I think next week if we have a good day, the sun might shine here in Lucan from 5AM until 2AM the next morning and I will go over 100kWh export 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Sunday could be that day my man from the telemetry I'm seeing.

By no means a blue sky day here in Lucan, but looks good and one of the longest days of the year for sure. Car is near empty after big spin today so unfortunately I will have to charge the car over the next 3 days, instead of maximising battery charging. But I might reach 90kWh export again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

35kWh my best day since install.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

36kWh ...was going great until the clouds rolled in, then the inverter shutdown around 4pm to protect itself from overheating and then the mother of all thunderstorms started at around 6pm which reduced output to zilch, cleaned the panels as if a pressure washer was used :).

Can't complain however after a brutal week.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Advertisement

Yup, 34.1Kwh for me. Best day of the year so far (6.5Kwp split East/West)
    Tomorrow looking pretty good, but not quite as good as today. Should have me 30+kwh I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cracking day here in galway. Just short of 63kwh generated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Today is gonna be good, should be 50kWh on 8.6kwp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭con747

Can you not use a small fan pointed up or down at the fins at the back of the inverter to keep it cool? Most here use them. It must be getting very hot to shut down. Do you know what temperature it reached?

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I'm afraid not as I was at the beach at the time however when I left home at 10am it was reading 60 degrees which prompted me to leave the side door of the shed open. Didn't do the trick this time unfortunately.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭theboringfox

40kw today in cork off 6.5kw roof system with 15 panels. Id say itll be more tracking 650kw for month. I dont know is it be fudge by them or is May lot cloudier than normal. Think weather has been poor to be fair

Maybe put some air vents in the door or walls of the shed, it will prolong the inverters life because that sort of heat will kill it a lot sooner IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭red bellied

Whats a reasonable temperature for inverter to peak at?

On my machine highest so far for AC has been 45 and DC has topped out at 39. I am not using any fans, is there any need for one?

Solis inverters state this on the app.

"Inverter Internal Operating Ambient Temperature 33.5℃ (The 33.5c is the temperature of mine right now.)

(up to 105℃)

IGBT (Core) Temperature

IGBT is the device with the highest temperature inside the inverter. When the temperature is lower than the maximum withstand temperature, the inverter can operate stably and reliably.

Inverter Ambient Temperature

The inverter ambient temperature is the air temperature inside the inverter.Note: normally, the IGBT temperature is 20°c to 30°c higher than the internal ambient temperature of the inverter"

Going on that even though mine is a kstar I think it should be ok. Thanks

• Advertisement

It's a steel shed which I'm planning to demolish later this year / early next year. I think I'll just put a fan under the inverter for the remainder of the summer then next year it'll be relocated into a block built garage which should be more suitable for the inverter.

Anyway back on topic no shutdown issues today in fact the system generated an all time high of 46.9kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Buttros

40 kWh today from a 6kw system split evenly east and west based in cork. Only installed 2 weeks ago. This is fun 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eye

Got 45.09kWh here today which is my 2nd best of all time.

7.74kW (18x 430w panels) 9 panels South / 9 panels West in North Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Best day yet here in East Cork with 70.5kwh from 10.75kwp.

☀️

Being fairly cloudy over last three days, 1.6kwh generated this morning at a current rate of 500 watts.

Fortunately tomorrow at least in Dublin is set to be generally pretty good (people should get about 60-70% of your all time max)

30.8kWh today.

4 out of the past 5 days have all been +30kWh. Things have picked up after a sluggish start and middle to May.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭allinthehead

Nice day in Cork.🙉

☀️

Cloudy again in Sligo May is really dropping off for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

17.5 kWh today, but May is struggling to beat April at this rate.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement