Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Another beautiful blue sky, frosty, morning here in Cork. We've been very lucky these last 5 days - the only shining light in an otherwise uber depressing period.... (well actually the unexpected resurgence of United has also helped!)

I would agree with you up to the last bit:p, but at the same time i am kind of happy for Ole. You can see how well got he is when the likes of Roy Keane was reluctant to put the boot in when it was not going well for Ole a while back.

Hopefully a lot of places will see a dusting overnight to see out this cold spell. I am going to miss the crunch of the grass underfoot and parts of the landscape covered in white all day come the weekend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

There is a very odd covering of snow on the road above my house. I did not expect this nor did I see it on the radar last night.

y9yrHxL.jpg
    6ram7uf.jpg
    PzAFbZR.jpg
    MEAFohG.jpg

There is also a weird cloud that appeared to be a ship from a distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

With the frozen ground I managed to drive up the field this morning in the car with the trailer to load 2 fills of oak from a tree we cut up back in November.
    Was waiting for a few cold nights.
    Shed now full again. Great job

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today is one of the nicest days we've had all winter, unbroken blue skies with bags of sunshine. No frost last night but plenty of ice on the ground and in the grass from yesterdays freezing rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

My station is saying its -1.8c here in meath, could that be right? Its definitely very cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

A nice but bitterly cold day here in Wexford. I was doing some work outside and I was frozen. If only we could get some snow in this part of the country, it never snows here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

My station is saying its -1.8c here in meath, could that be right? Its definitely very cold

-1.3°c in Kildare here so your probably not far off. What station are you using ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

met eireann says Dunsany is 3C, not sure I believe that. The frozen ice on the car and grass/driveway has not thawed in any way today. The ice on the car can't even be broken with my hands it needs a scraper. I doubt it got much above 0C here all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

A nice but bitterly cold day here in Wexford. I was doing some work outside and I was frozen. If only we could get some snow in this part of the country, it never snows here.

Never snows? In Wexford? We definitely get our fair share here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭lolie

Showing -2.5c outside now, thats the same as 5am this morning and it feels like it too.
    Bodes well for any precip falling later.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Got a picture of a sun halo this afternoon as some high cloud started to move in. Only lasted a couple of minutes before it clouded over a lot more.

538555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bosco12345

Never snows? In Wexford? We definitely get our fair share here

In wexford? Hardly, too mild

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭pad199207

bosco12345 wrote: »
    In wexford? Hardly, too mild

Kilmore, Wexford Storm Emma :)

7-CFC73-B3-3288-4-F42-ADB7-075-B80-ED4-A16.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

pad199207 wrote: »
    Kilmore, Wexford Storm Emma :)
    that's an exception to the rule. Wexford usually doesn't get any snow from most snow events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Snow is on the way on the radar but slowly, it’s hard to say if the east will get much of it as they are loosing intensity but just have to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,012 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It's snowing in Tipp.

Snow-cats.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,013 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Very light snow in Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Covering of snow in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Very light snow in Naas for the last 2 hours. If it were warmer it would be that annoying constant drizzle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Was very frosty at 6am when I was walking the dog here in Swords and then it started to lightly snow and stick, it was lovely, pity it was not heavier but hopefully a precursor to a real cold spell later this month

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Covering of snow in Drogheda

I'm outside Drogheda and it looks like a winter wonderland looking out the window.

Beautiful covering of fine, dry snow here in Cork City. Nobody about so the snow is still untouched.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Nice little dusting in Carlow Town: https://twitter.com/CarlowWeather/status/1347090521823567872?s=20

Also dusting visible on my webcams https://carlowweather.com/wxwebcam.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Was surprised to see a covering in Blanchardstown when Mr Amazon Prime woke me up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭appledrop

Snowing here in NCD.

As my four year old said this is best day ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Still snowing moderately in Dublin 15..about a 1 or 2 cm now.. Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snowing on and off in Dublin 5 with a small covering

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Snowing for a while now near Portarlington, Laois. Around 1 cm covering everything. I hate snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Heavy snow shower D17. Sticking more notably

Advertisement