Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Malin Head strong alright. 1 pm report is slightly lower than the midday report below.

535140.png

535139.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,883 ✭✭✭pauldry

Real gusty in Sligo now. Rain being blocked by ben bulben but wind not. Christmas lights all over the place. A tent. Yes a tent just blew through the graveyard. Neighbours TV aeriel snapped.

This is much more exciting than 14c mild muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    The sky has been weird a while. That almost yellow tinge we get before snow. There is so much sky out here with no trees and few low buildings .

Fascinating times.. we shall see what this leads to. ;)

I just reread this post. it was presnow sky but the forecast had not been made...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Mixture of rain and some sleet at sea level in Dublin in the last hour.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Malin Head gusting 119 km/h in 2pm reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Such a horrible day.

I could deal with cold this morning when it was dry, however cold, windy + raining is just absolutely miserable!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

appledrop wrote: »
    Brrr its baltic out there.

Car frozen soild this morning.

Had to go back in + search the press for de-icer!

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

The morning time yes!
    appledrop wrote: »
    Such a horrible day.

I could deal with cold this morning when it was dry, however cold, windy + raining is just absolutely miserable!

Wind & Rain and 2degrees temp... yuck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭CountNjord

I'm out in the woods, pruning a few tree's in this game Since 1995

I'm well used to the weather, but around 20 minutes ago a wave of cold air came in which actually gave me the chills, my work collegue was around 20 yard's from me and she said the same .

It was like, did you just feel that ?
    She said she thought it was her that got a chill.
    It lasted around 5 minutes, I obviously experienced colder in 09 and 10 but this was the first time working outdoors I had this experience.

It was as if it dropped 10 degrees for 5 minutes.
    Just near Gallows hill in East Clare now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Malin Head gusting 119 km/h in 2pm reports.

Today is significantly worse than several of the hyped up nonsense 'storms' we've had in the past few years. Door blew off the shed here earlier and hearing reports of a lot of power outages around the county

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

....nonsense 'storms'....

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Sunset from yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,035 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Today is significantly worse than several of the hyped up nonsense 'storms' we've had in the past few years. Door blew off the shed here earlier and hearing reports of a lot of power outages around the county

Totally agree.

Was in Derry as well today and seriously rough all day.

I just had to nip out to shop in the car and it's easily rougher now at 1830 than during many of the named storms.

What colour warning was Donegal for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,288 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Went out for a quick ramble just now

Absolutely freezing wind chill - as the saying goes it would “cut you in two”

Surprisingly strong northerly gusts

Add to that some sideways rain

It’s a dirty dog of a night out there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,792 ✭✭✭appledrop

Went out for a quick ramble just now

Absolutely freezing wind chill - as the saying goes it would “cut you in two”

Surprisingly strong northerly gusts

Add to that some sideways rain

It’s a dirty dog of a night out there

Yep, I thought we had washing machine on so noisy but turns out it was just the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A gale from the north with ice on its breath and icicles dangling from its hair... Bitter cold. Up to refill hwb, get hot food and gather the cats.

A bitter night. And a similar Saturday ahead..

west mayo offshore. a few feet from the north atlantic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Fog warning for Ireland

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Dense fog with a risk of freezing fog in places.

Valid: 00:01 Sunday 06/12/2020 to 10:00 Monday 07/12/2020

Issued: 08:00 Saturday 05/12/2020

Updated: 08:19 Saturday 05/12/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

SeaBreezes wrote: »

So systems continuing to stall close to us for the bulk of this month it seems.
    This could lead to significant snow snow falls if the Russian high did the decent thing. Hopefully the CFS was on to something yesterday:pac:

Absolute shocker of a day in Galway. Heavy cold rain. Looking at the reports from Athenry and Mace Head, it seems to be a narrow band stuck somewhere between these spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Hooter23

A stream of cold rain running through Galway for hours now...if it was a couple of degrees colder and it was snow it would be great...but that never happens only when its rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Hooter23 wrote: »
    A stream of cold rain running through Galway for hours now...if it was a couple of degrees colder and it was snow it would be great...but that never happens only when its rain

It's strange. The radar image from two hours ago looks the same as now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Classic Pembroke dangler visible now on the rain radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lovely night out there, temp currently -1.2 under a clear sky

Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Artane2002

interesting forecast from ME for tomorrow, some places could stay around 0c if the fog doesn't clear.

Lovely night out there, temp currently -1.2 under a clear sky

Meath

-2.7c now and no sign of fog here at all

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Really heavy frost this morning, met Éireann got the fog forecast spot on. It’s a different kind of whiteout, but getting all these frosty mornings in early December is a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

-2 degrees at 8am in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Heavy freezing fog here in Celbridge this morning. Fog in many other stations too.

Nearby Casement metar.

METAR EIME 060800Z 26005KT 0200 FZFG VV002 M02/M02 Q1004=

535289.png

A big difference in grass minima across the country.

535290.png

Clear, Sunny and very cold morning here in meath, temp currently -4, no fog here but can see it in the distance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

A deluge out west yesterday from morning to night, one constant wintry shower after another with the showers lasting upto a half hour or longer at times.

Fairly bright this morning thankfully.

Advertisement