Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

What did SC say though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Malachy made a joke in the movie pod. Something along the lines of Murph said "this is like an outreach program for GAA reporters so we don't go mad" and Malachy said "or turn into Ewan".

I actually wasn't sure if I heard it right but it sounded like he said Ewan anyway. Not sure why he's going after Ken when he wasn't even on the pod. Also Malachy isn't wrong, Ewan has gone completely off the rails since covid, Wooly is too IMO.

Its always telling when his tweet is him asking for a "debate" as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Some hilarious replies on Twitter

I’ve avoided McKenna mostly thankfully but yeah, Parkinson has gone to the wall altogether over it.

Malachy made a joke in the movie pod. Something along the lines of Murph said "this is like an outreach program for GAA reporters so we don't go mad" and Malachy said "or turn into Ewan".

I actually wasn't sure if I heard it right but it sounded like he said Ewan anyway. Not sure why he's going after Ken when he wasn't even on the pod. Also Malachy isn't wrong, Ewan has gone completely off the rails since covid, Wooly is too IMO.

agree on Wooly, Ewan is a long time on that grim train...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Oh, I did hear that actually.. And that kept him up all night? Considering all the insults he flings around that's incredibly mild. Won't be shocked if these tweets are gone in the morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Few seconds looking through the replies to the tweet confirming again that I'm glad to avoid twitter, boards is bad enough.

Ewan is a tragic figure. Calling out Ken, when he didn't even appear on the show, just stinks of attention seeking desperation.

I haven't been following what he's had to say recently, but I presume he's gone all in with the #scamdemic rubbish and all that?

Still Ill wrote: »
    Oh, I did hear that actually.. And that kept him up all night? Considering all the insults he flings around that's incredibly mild. Won't be shocked if these tweets are gone in the morning too.

Ah yeah it was a fairly light hearted dig, slagging more than anything and I wouldn't even say Malachy meant it as a serious insult. If Ewan could look at things objectively he'd see some of his stuff has veered off into far right/conspiracy stuff. I used to think he was ok a few years back but since 2018ish or so he's been going down a weird path, as others said tweeting while drunk and then deleting stuff. He's tweeted some nasty stuff too.

With Wooly theres a hint of self interest about it though with him and the wife owning the tapas place in Portlaoise but even still he's gone way out there in terms of his views on it.

Ah yeah it was a fairly light hearted dig, slagging more than anything and I wouldn't even say Malachy meant it as a serious insult. If Ewan could look at things objectively he'd see some of his stuff has veered off into far right/conspiracy stuff. I used to think he was ok a few years back but since 2018ish or so he's been going down a weird path, as others said tweeting while drunk and then deleting stuff. He's tweeted some nasty stuff too.

With Wooly theres a hint of self interest about it though with him and the wife owning the tapas place in Portlaoise but even still he's gone way out there in terms of his views on it.
    agree on both counts, alot of unspoken views on Covid has an undercurrent of vested interests I'd imagine.

Use to have a bit time for Ewan with the Dublin funding stuff but some of the horrendous tweets superseded that like those related to recent bereavements at different times were in very poor taste

It's pretty sad to see. Maybe the reason he couldn't sleep after a mild dig is due to it dawning on him that he may have burnt his last bridge in Irish media. I'm not saying they were gonna employ him, or even that he thought that, but he must've known he was on thin ice. He's done himself absolutely no favours

• Advertisement

Still Ill wrote: »
    It's pretty sad to see. Maybe the reason he couldn't sleep after a mild dig is due to it dawning on him that he may have burnt his last bridge in Irish media. I'm not saying they were gonna employ him, or even that he thought that, but he must've known he was on thin ice. He's done himself absolutely no favours
    I'd have no sympathy for him, you reep what you sow and he has sown alot of toxic remarks over the years, nobody to blame but himself

I'd have no sympathy for him, you reep what you sow and he has sown alot of toxic remarks over the years, nobody to blame but himself

Oh, I don't feel particularly sorry for him. I found him semi interesting for a while, but when he criticised Ireland for not locking down enough, followed by his constant criticism of us being locked down too harshly, and vile abuse at all and sundry I just had enough of him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ewan is a crank, plain and simple. I did hear the comment on the pod yesterday and I audibly laughed in car. I was surprised nobody had mentioned it here (until ewan's tweet). I doubt they'll raise it on show, he's become an irrelevance outside his bubble anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I never even copped the comment. The sad part is how Ewan latches onto any sort of attention no matter how small. Best ignore him, he's tagging everyone looking for a bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

The MacKenna stuff is laughable really, for all he gives he can’t take the tiniest insult. Some of the replies on his tweet are worth a look for the sheep that follow him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Looking at his timeline, it's like a lad obsessed with his ex, it's sad what he's become the last few years.

I know the movie club isn't popular on this thread, but I like Murph's enthusiasm.

den87 wrote: »
    The MacKenna stuff is laughable really, for all he gives he can’t take the tiniest insult. Some of the replies on his tweet are worth a look for the sheep that follow him.
    yeah its pathetic really...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 NeftDaslari

He's just a crying big baby... :pac:

He's just a crying big baby... :pac:

Post of the year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

Does anyone know what he tweeted to Ken? He deleted that tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Icemancometh

Raisins wrote: »
    Does anyone know what he tweeted to Ken? He deleted that tweet.

Something about looking a for heads up if he's going to be a punching bag

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tapas place is gone.

Tapas place is gone.

Hadn't heard that, was that pre-covid?

I watched the Hustler over the weekend after listening to the movie club. Didn't think it was quite as good as Murph and Mal made out.

Saw it years ago and I loved it, wouldn't mind re-watching it. What was it on?

The Colour of Money is excellent IMO, great follow up.

Can't find Breaking Away anywhere either, might have to get it from unofficial sources as it sounds like it might be worth a watch.

Can't find Breaking Away anywhere either, might have to get it from unofficial sources as it sounds like it might be worth a watch.

I rented it from Sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The Hustler available only to rent or buy: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/the-hustler

Breaking away also only rent or buy, from less places: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/breaking-away

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭frankeee

I rented Breaking Away on Youtube. Thought it was woeful sh!te. The bike races in it are some of the most unrealistic portrayals of a sport I've ever seen. If I wasn't such a stingey bastard I'd have turned it off
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

MacKenna is a joke at this stage, the guy must hold a Twitter record for the amount of drunken tweets he sends out insulting people then deleting them when he sobers up

Buts it`s also the tweets attacking people that he doesnt delete and stands over, one that stands out was calling Jim Gavin an odious, nasty individual. When anybody who knows the man will know he is the total opposite.

He is a bitter bitter man, who most likely has mental health issues (and that is not to be taken lightly and is very serious), his articles used to be full of huge inaccuracies but he is egged on by his band of followers who either hate Dublin GAA or Irish rugby.

Broadcasting and journalism are better off without him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

dulpit wrote: »
    The Hustler available only to rent or buy: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/the-hustler

Breaking away also only rent or buy, from less places: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/movie/breaking-away

It was obvious Malacy thought it was sh1t but it was Murph who kept pushing it

Advertisement