Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

monitored alarm company reccomendations

  • 25-07-2020 7:17pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭


    I want to upgrade my alarm system, who do you recommend for a monitored alarm and what is their yearly subscription fee. ( I dont want just the simcard version that texts you I want an actual monitored alarm)
    Thanks


Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass


    PUMA alarm company.

    Good service, fully registered/approved, 24 hour monitoring, and owned by a chap who is in the shooting world/community. Monitoring is €22 a month, iirc. The price of the system depends on what you want installed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

    If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

    Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo



  • Registered Users Posts: 39 bruman


    I got my own alarm installed (from memory, around €1,000 15 years ago) and Top Security do the monitoring. They are €180 for monitoring via the landline. I had to upgrade to GSM monitoring a few years ago and this increased the price to €306 for the year. When I upgraded to the GSM monitoring, Top Security had to supply the GSM widget which my alarm man fitted to the alarm. No issues with them. They ring you if the alarm goes via one sensor. If 2 sensors are triggered or the panic button is triggered, they ring the gardai first and then you.


  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭keith s


    With Eircom phone watch.
    They do deals all the time, I think I got mine installed for around 250 (3 years ago).
    3 sensors with cameras (you don't get to see look at the image or anything, it's used to take pictures and sends them to Phone Watch).
    Plus the ones on the windows.

    They will call you and the gaurds if needed.
    About 40 quid a month.
    Landline plus GSM for backup.
    You can set half alarm for night time.

    I find them very good.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Zxthinger


    22 vs 40. Massive difference.


  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭solarwinds


    Any registered alarm company ( which is what has to be used anyway ) can set this up for you so I would shop around 3 or 4 around your area and take it from there.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭RS98


    Try Home Secure as well. They're cheap for installation (there's wiggle room if you play hard to get) with around 30 a month for monitoring.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod


    keith s wrote: »
    With Eircom phone watch.
    They do deals all the time, I think I got mine installed for around 250 (3 years ago).
    3 sensors with cameras (you don't get to see look at the image or anything, it's used to take pictures and sends them to Phone Watch).
    Plus the ones on the windows.

    They will call you and the gaurds if needed.
    About 40 quid a month.
    Landline plus GSM for backup.
    You can set half alarm for night time.

    I find them very good.

    Drop the "free" annual service calls and you should be able to get that rate down to about €30pm.

    Thanks,

    G.



  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod


    Cass wrote: »
    PUMA alarm company.

    Good service, fully registered/approved, 24 hour monitoring, and owned by a chap who is in the shooting world/community. Monitoring is €22 a month, iirc. The price of the system depends on what you want installed.

    Hi Cass,

    Is that monitored over a landline, or GSM please?

    GSM signal is not great in my area, so need a landline service.

    Thanks,

    G.



  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19


    garrettod wrote: »
    Drop the "free" annual service calls and you should be able to get that rate down to about €30pm.
    Dropping the annual maintenance on the alarm system may make the property insurance invalid.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod


    Wanderer19 wrote: »
    Dropping the annual maintenance on the alarm system may make the property insurance invalid.

    I don't see why - the system continues to be monitored and is working.

    I'm referring to Phonewatch's very kind offer to come and do an annual service on your equipment at your premises "free" of charge. (Like you get a car serviced etc).

    Thanks,

    G.



  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭tonysopprano


    garrettod wrote: »
    Hi Cass,

    Is that monitored over a landline, or GSM please?

    GSM signal is not great in my area, so need a landline service.

    CUALA security. Monitored system, both landline and GSM, and maintenance contract all included for €30pm.

    Unlike Phonewatch/Eir (Con/Scam), you can change systems or suppliers as you own the hardware and are not stuck with them for life

    If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭YellowBucket


    Just a point, Eir/Eircom hasn't owned phonewatch for 7 years. They're owned by a company in Norway called Sector Alarm Group. They've absolutely nothing to do with Eir and exactly the same locked-down gear in each market: See what I mean: https://www.sectoralarm.no/


  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭tonysopprano


    Just a point, Eir/Eircom hasn't owned phonewatch for 7 years. They're owned by a company in Norway called Sector Alarm Group. They've absolutely nothing to do with Eir and exactly the same locked-down gear in each market: See what I mean: https://www.sectoralarm.no/

    So thats why their service went tits up. Good luck getting the specified service from Norway

    https://www.phonewatch.ie/

    If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.



  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭freddieot


    CUALA security. Monitored system, both landline and GSM, and maintenance contract all included for €30pm.

    Unlike Phonewatch/Eir (Con/Scam), you can change systems or suppliers as you own the hardware and are not stuck with them for life

    I have had Cuala for the last 16 years, no issues, great service. I avoided Phonewatch for the same reasons as you.


Advertisement