Advertisement
Boards are fundraising to help the people of Ukraine via the Red Cross at this horrific time. Please donate and share if you can, you will find the link here. Many thanks.

FIFA 21

13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ Calvin


    bigron2109 wrote: »
    Spend over €50 and get €10 off. I got about 4 of them in the post a few weeks ago and this one was due to expiry on Sunday.

    Ahh, nice one. Are they Tesco specific? Or do they still accept the ones from Dunnes?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ bigron2109


    Ahh, nice one. Are they Tesco specific? Or do they still accept the ones from Dunnes?

    Jesus pal I couldn’t tell you at all. I only got them in the post a few weeks ago and I usually wouldn’t spend €50 in Tesco in one go. I just gave mine to the woman at the customer service desk as that where I was paying and they had the games lined up there on display and she took it no problem so happy days .


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ Calvin


    bigron2109 wrote: »
    Jesus pal I couldn’t tell you at all. I only got them in the post a few weeks ago and I usually wouldn’t spend €50 in Tesco in one go. I just gave mine to the woman at the customer service desk as that where I was paying and they had the games lined up there on display and she took it no problem so happy days .

    Haha no worries man, thanks for the info!


  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ JonasBlane


    What do people make of fifa 21 after a few hrs of playing it ?.


  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭ Dufflecoat Fanny


    have they changed the god awful scouting system in career mode yet?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭✭ JonasBlane


    The defenders are very one paced


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭ Cotts72


    I have a strong dislike for Lee Dixon and the other chap that now commentate


  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭ Vudgie


    Am I the only one that finds the dull grey colour of the pitch off putting?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭ Cotts72


    Vudgie wrote: »
    Am I the only one that finds the dull grey colour of the pitch off putting?

    Anyone else having an issue with scoring.. I played a game whereby I'd 21 shots yet won one nil. No matter how many one on one's I had they'd send them wide or over


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭ evad_lhorg


    Quite the opposite with goals. Finding they are flying in. Had a few games online. one ended 7-5, another 9-6... Plenty of games with over ten goals in it. It's a joke how easy they go in.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭ marcbrophy


    Anyone else buy from Amazon?
    Mine only dispatched this morning and isn't due until Thursday.
    Pile of shíte :(


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭ py2006


    Don't be too dismayed, it seems so far to be a carbon copy of last years iteration.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭ wonski


    marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone else buy from Amazon?
    Mine only dispatched this morning and isn't due until Thursday.
    Pile of shíte :(

    Mine was delivered to parcel motel and I collected it, still showing as delayed, not delivered, on amazon website.

    I actually need to sell it as I don't need it anymore lol...


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭ marcbrophy


    wonski wrote: »
    Mine was delivered to parcel motel and I collected it, still showing as delayed, not delivered, on amazon website.

    I actually need to sell it as I don't need it anymore lol...

    You send yours to NI?

    I can't be bothered with Amazon any more if they aren't going to bother trying to hit launch dates for Irish customers!


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭ wonski


    marcbrophy wrote: »
    You send yours to NI?

    I can't be bothered with Amazon any more if they aren't going to bother trying to hit launch dates for Irish customers!

    I normally get it quicker through NI. It didn't bother me but got another copy elsewhere.

    You can't expect to receive it on time from UK. Let's be realistic.

    Use Irish resellers if you need it on time.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭ marcbrophy


    wonski wrote: »
    I normally get it quicker through NI. It didn't bother me but got another copy elsewhere.

    You can't expect to receive it on time from UK. Let's be realistic.

    Use Irish resellers if you need it on time.

    I'll prob use PM then for Friday deliveries from now on. I'll end up with it on Saturday :)

    Well, I was expecting the timeline to be more: Ship Thursday, An Post get it Friday/Saturday, they deliver it to me on Monday. But it only dispatched this morning, meaning I won't see it until Wednesday at the earliest. I just think it's a bit of a long wait.

    I'll pre-ordered lots of stuff from Amazon, with a Friday release date. I've never ever gotten them on the Friday, so wasn't expecting it this time either :)

    I took a quick look for you and CEX are only offering €45 cash for Fifa, you might find better luck elsewhere :D


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 Wuff Wuff




  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭ wonski


    Wuff Wuff wrote: »

    Two mega teams playing each other.

    Pogba, Dé Bruyne Salah etc and moaning about Van Dijk. Who he probably has in his team, too...

    OK.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭ piplip87


    What's the gameplay like is there much of a difference from 20? Thinking about picking up but not going near the puzzle section. I just want to play a football game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭ wonski


    Same game imo.

    It is all about having the right names in the right club.

    Being fair even ea cant introduce too many new features.

    What would you do? It's a football game in the end.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Yakult


    wonski wrote: »
    Same game imo.

    It is all about having the right names in the right club.

    Being fair even ea cant introduce too many new features.

    What would you do? It's a football game in the end.

    Have you even played Career mode or Pro Clubs? :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ BalboBiggins


    piplip87 wrote: »
    What's the gameplay like is there much of a difference from 20? Thinking about picking up but not going near the puzzle section. I just want to play a football game.

    Very little change this year. I know people say that every year but this is the first time I’ve thought it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ Liamalone


    Surprise surprise, reskinned and shipped out. Keep Ea'ing it EA, never change.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭ gilberto_eire


    Liamalone wrote: »
    Surprise surprise, reskinned and shipped out. Keep Ea'ing it EA, never change.

    It's the worst reskin ever for a FIFA.

    I didn't play 14 on the PS4 but 13 on that console was vastly different than 14.
    I'm assuming the PS4 version was similar with a new engine?
    Even if not they already said the next gen wasnt a different game so it was a money grab.
    At least NBA had a different team working on the next gen.

    Shame they had to remake the worst FIFA as well.
    It's been sliding badly since FIFA 13 imo when they move to 14 and changed the engine.

    I've played less and less every year since then and didn't buy 21 at all.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭ py2006


    I can't imagine there been much of a graphics update with the PS5 version either.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ Liamalone


    It's the worst reskin ever for a FIFA.

    I didn't play 14 on the PS4 but 13 on that console was vastly different than 14.
    I'm assuming the PS4 version was similar with a new engine?
    Even if not they already said the next gen wasnt a different game so it was a money grab.
    At least NBA had a different team working on the next gen.

    Shame they had to remake the worst FIFA as well.
    It's been sliding badly since FIFA 13 imo when they move to 14 and changed the engine.

    I've played less and less every year since then and didn't buy 21 at all.

    I've resisted the urge myself, I would buy it straight away if it was any good but I'm hearing the same complaints. Might have to actually play another game now lol


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭ Soby


    With regards training drills I'm assuming what's drill you use doesn't seem to make a difference as it just improves sharpness?. I.E no difference between a defender doing a defending drill Vs shooting ?


  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Axwell


    JonasBlane wrote: »
    What do people make of fifa 21 after a few hrs of playing it ?.

    Deleted your thread..absolutely no need to start a whole other thread to again just discuss FIFA 21 on Xbox..this thread is not platform-specific.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 Wuff Wuff




  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ brady12


    Did they improve career mode in FIFA 21 any bit ?


Advertisement