Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

When did you take your loan?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bannerman1969

Feb 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

That service plan was a joke anyway. €2K added to the already inflated list price last year. Obviously it disguised a delivery charge and included a set of tyres, wipers and even brake pads that you’ll never need in the first 3 years. Most dealers refused to sell a new Enyaq without the €2K service plan on instruction from Skoda Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭k123456

Most dealers refused to sell a new Enyaq without the €2K service plan on instruction from Skoda Ireland. Seems to be anti consumer and possibly infringes consumer law ?

Maybe. If you can assist with proving same, I’m sure most Enyaq owners would be delighted to get a €2K refund and buy their own tyres and wipers ??

Waiting lists and long delays at the time meant demand exceeded supply which would have helped them pull it off. Not aware if the compulsory service plan is still on the cards.

• Advertisement

It was a total rip off alright. I had no choice but to purchase. However, the Bridgestones are €250 each on the car which they replaced all 4 like for like but you'll only ever have one service in 3 years of driving regardless of mileage. I think they also included a granny cable in the service plan. Still, big profit there for Skoda.

When I bought my Enyaq 60 in 2022 I think it was €37.5k bar a few extras - cheapest now is €48.5k. That softens the blow of having to pay for the service plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What was on the plan? Any tyres, wipers, brake fluid and cabin filter will all be done by year 2. Only thing in these plans you wouldn't use is brake pads.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭GPoint

-8,000 euro off lsted price + 0% PCP offer now on existing stock of Enyaq 60. so that is close to 40,000 now so very close to Feb 2022 prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I think you may be wrong there.

I have had 2 ateca FR's and both had the Beats audio sound system.

I now have a Cupra Formentor which has the standard speaker system as the Beats shoved it up to another vrt band and was not wirth the extra almost 2k in total.

I can assure you there is a significant difference and in no way are the Beats standard VW speakers that you suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Mr Q

The Beats audio in a Cupra Born uses standard VW speakers. The DSP is a J525, also a standard VW part fitted on many cars that don't have Beats audio.

So your Ateca may have had different speakers but the Born does not. So it is likely other sound options on VAG cars sometimes use standard VW parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭vectra

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭GPoint

"Typical Finance Example: Enyaq iV 60. OTRP €48,479.00. Deposit / Part Exchange €14,445.50., of which €8,015.00 is provided by Skoda Ireland as a deposit contribution. 36 monthly payments of €299, which includes a 2-year Tyre and Maintenance Plan of €2,000.00. OTRP includes €3,500 SEAI Grant and €1,731 VRT Rebate. Optional Final Payment €23,269.50. Total Cost of Credit €0.00. APR 0.0%. No minimum deposit requirement. Offer available on all orders taken from 19th February 2024 and registered until 31st March 2024. Models shown for illustrative purposes. Discount advertised is applied in the form of deposit contribution applicable to the above terms and conditions. Pricing correct as of 16th February 2024. Finance is provided by way of Hire Purchase Agreement from Volkswagen Financial Services Ireland Limited and is subject to lending criteria. Terms and conditions apply. Volkswagen Financial Services Ireland Limited, trading as Škoda Financial Services Ireland is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland."

48 minus 8 contribution from skoda = 40 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭remoteboy

How have people found their Enyaq’s? Software been ok? Many mechanical issues ? Skoda after sales support?

Wasn’t on my radar until the price drop but took one for a test drive and was quite impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Happy enough with mine - no mechanical issues (two years driving done at this stage)

Software wellllll, there is a lot of discussions about that, basically I started off on MEB2.x and got a shop upgrade to 3.1 (if I recall correctly, maybe 3.0) however there I have been for a loooong time and there is a lot of discussions on skoda forums about why no over the air updates to later 3.x

4.x is out only on the 85 series and supposidely a current 60/80 will never be able to upgrade to 4

4.x will bring preheating, snappier UI etc

After sales has been fine for me, nothing great to shout about but nothing bad either

I am on a PCP so hopefully will be trading her in next year and will certainly look at the 85 at that point

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fk301

Why is the enyaq not as popular vs others? I know the software is an issue but is it really THAT bad?

We ordered one and with the 8k added from Skoda it seem to be a good deal especially as we got a lot of the extras and it still worked out cheaper per month then the tesla however the Ballon payment is double. We're starting to question our decision as not so many people have them compared to the tesla or let's say Hyundai.

I know someone that has one and they seem to love it. I did test drive both the model Y and the Skoda and the Skoda felt more polished for me but there was not much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They were to expensive compared to the competition.

They weren’t really available here in any kind of significant volume until early 2023 due to production delays. At that point they were expensive when specced up any bit and the Sportline 80 model didn’t qualify for the €5K grant. Skoda Dealers also insisted on selling them with an overpriced €2K service pack. I’m not aware that software was ever an issue on the Enyaq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,641 ✭✭✭✭josip

Didn't you also have to pay extra for fast charging? Is that still the case?

Post edited by josip on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fk301

Looking at the documentation they seem to have gone away with the optional extra for fast charging. It's standard now. I'd post a link but I cannot

Possibly on the 60 model at some point but it was standard on the 80.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,986 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Test drove it back in Nov '23 along with EVs from several other brands. It was fine to drive, great room inside but software was a bit clunky and slow. At the time though total cost was coming in anywhere from 5-15k more than other cars we were looking at for the same or even better spec. If it 10k cheaper then software could have been overlooked and would have seriously considered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭fafy

what i cannot fathom is the pricing has not been changed, since last October, and base 77kW battery, which is very sparsley specced is 57k inc metallic, they have really have killed this EV off, for most people with the pricing.

There are still a few 80 models advertised in Dealers as demos/pre-reg discounted to €48K-€50K depending on spec. Pricing on the new 85 model is definitely way off compared to a new 77kWh ID.4. though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I don't get how dealers/ distributors/ manufacturers think they can charge top price again for new orders when they had to firesale existing stock that didn't sell. There's the new model theory but I can't see it working in the market today

But I'd imagine a 2nd hand Enyaq will be around the same price as a similar spec and age ID4 regardless of price new.

Difficult to say as there are just way less used Enyaqs for sale. The bigger battery versions are particularly scarce. By comparison the market is swamped with relatively cheap used ID.4’s. Nobody seems to want any used EV’s at the minute regardless of the make or model.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So I've been an Enyaq owner for ~1 year and just discovered the umbrella in the door today, well my child did………..

Advertisement