Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA queues?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Should have read this thread. Went up there last Friday to the Ballymun store around 7pm. Drove into the car park, seen the massive queue and drove straight out the other side. Huge crowd at decathlon aswell. People are bonkers.

My list of furniture can wait another month. **** that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,025 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Went on sunday afternoon, about 4pm. Walked straight in, no queue at all and inside was pretty empty as well. May have been due to the weather, however across the road at Decathlon there was 100+ in the queue and at least a 30min wait. Guess its just hit and miss on whether it is busy or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Was there yesterday. Crazy long queue. Waiting about 10 mins to get in.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Was there yesterday. Crazy long queue. Waiting about 10 mins to get in.

I'd consider a ten minute wait not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

30 minutes today at 11:30. Which isn't too bad for a bank holiday Sunday. OK inside and all tills open so no queue at 15 items or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Very big queues today (sunday) around 1pm. Fortunately I got to skip the queue because of my big pregnant belly. Once inside it wasn't too bad though. No real queues at checkouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭raheny red

I actually mentioned that to herself. There were 3 heavily pregnant women when we were there. All queueing. The lads at the entrance to the queue should be telling them to get to the top.

raheny red wrote: »
    I actually mentioned that to herself. There were 3 heavily pregnant women when we were there. All queueing. The lads at the entrance to the queue should be telling them to get to the top.

Definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭horse7

Went this morning 10:15, mad queues, will leave it for another week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went on Saturday about 3.30pm and I was queueing for less than 5 minutes, tons of parking and not much of a wait at the till either.

• Advertisement

Anyone going this morning?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I was there Saturday at around 4pm, and no queue. It was busy enough inside though. Long queues at the checkouts.
    Decathlon was worse. The queue was very long so we went back Sunday morning before it opened and the queue was even longer. Inside, especially the camping area, was very very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Went Friday midday. No queue but crazy busy inside, bumping into loads of people.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No queue at three today but busier inside than they used to let it be. So that explains the queues.

Appallingly low stock of a lot of stuff. Bedding and lighting mainly for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was there last Thursday at 6pm, no Q to get in and none at the tills either. Showroom floor wasnt that busy but then downstairs the Market Hall was, people tend to bunch up there as they are standing around discussing about what products to get.

Was good to see lots of extra cleaners from that services company Noonan around sanitising surfaces everywhere, saw them santising bins a couple of times as well.

Decathlon across the road had no Q at 6pm when we were going into Ikea but coming out at 7.30pm there was a queue of about 30 people outside it

L1011 wrote: »
    No queue at three today but busier inside than they used to let it be. So that explains the queues.

Appallingly low stock of a lot of stuff. Bedding and lighting mainly for me

Yeah, we're stuck waiting for two sofas to come in to stock. Looked at alternatives but nearly all out of stock :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

Was there last week, no queues at all, was relatively busy but not packed by any stretch.

No queue when I went on Wednesday

Wonderful, maybe you could give the time you arrived there?

horse7 wrote: »
    Wonderful, maybe you could give the time you arrived there?

'Twas the morning. Visiting Ikea a lot lately so will note time the next visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Went today (Sunday) about 4 pm. No queue getting in. No real queues to pay

Massive queue for decathlon when we were leaving but still none for ikea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Was there today (Tuesday). Arrived around 1045, no queue. Queues at tills and collection area moved well. No queue when I left a couple of hours later either, but there was a queue outside Decathlon.

Advertisement