Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IKEA queues?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Plus Id say December isnt really a big furniture buying month, a lot of people leave that stuff to the spring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I was there yesterday about 1.30. Thought it would be madness but got a car space without much bother. No queue to get in and it seemed quiet enough upstairs. Bit busier down in the market call but nothing too bad. Probably one of my better IKEA experiences!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Plus Id say December isnt really a big furniture buying month, a lot of people leave that stuff to the spring

In terms of planned purchasing that's probably the case; but in terms of emergency purchasing Christmas would be a big driver.

(However, if (enough) people are keeping to the limits, there'll be less big tables, extra chairs etc being bought this year of course)

But - its the textiles, kitchenware, candles, decorations etc that drive their main traffic in December; for gifts and getting ready for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I think at this stage a lot of people outside of Dublin will have availed of the online option as well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

No queues at 1135 today. Slight queue for the tills and also for the lookup terminals in the warehouse so make sure to take note of locations in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭horse7

Hot food still closed?

The takeaway behind the tills is open

• Registered Users Posts: 20,040 ✭✭✭✭neris

See their getting rid of the catalogues for environmental reasons. Im sure thall be a nice saving for the owners

neris wrote: »
    See their getting rid of the catalogues for environmental reasons. Im sure thall be a nice saving for the owners

They only sent them out because they made money by generating sales - they weren't sending them out for the hell of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Will IKEA be open or closed under current restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Will IKEA be open or closed under current restrictions?

Click and collect for online orders only.

any new info on queues in ballymun ikea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

horse7 wrote: »
    any new info on queues in ballymun ikea?
    I was there last night at about 7.No queue at all.
    There was a bit of a queue forming at 8.20 when I came out,but only a few people.The security wasn't letting any more cars in at that stage.

Anyone go in the morning, or any morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,332 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bump. Planning on heading there tomorrow afternoon. Are we in for a long wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Jizique

They showed a bit on the new on monday and there was nobody there

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Only guessing but Id say you might get away with an easy enough trip tomorrow afternoon, at least compared to going on Saturday or Sunday. As said they showed it on the news on Monday and there was no queue at all, I dont think Ikea really promoted their re-opening in the way that the likes of Pennys did and it was news to me as well that they were back open.

The Mirror was there Monday and did a report, they also reported no queue to get in and that a good few items were on sale at heavily discounted prices. They probably need to clear old stock quickly to make room for new stuff
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/visited-ikea-first-day-reopening-24127375

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

I was there this morning just after opening.
    It was mental, would not go at this time.
    Parents dropped kids off to school & then headed to IKEA.

Very very crowded in the Kitchen section as its the first part people hit after grabbing a trolley.
    Q at the checkouts were too long with less than half them open to keep a "social distance"

Maybe it was the terrible weather today but would not go at this time if you are afraid of people unable to keep their distance.
    Going after lunch when parents are collecting kids from school could be an ideal time to go IMO.

About a 30 minute queue to get inside at 1pm today. Very busy inside.

If you google "IKEA Dublin Finglas" you'll get the visitor data by time and day. There isn't a huge amount of difference in traffic throughout the day, unless you go late in the evening when it is very quiet indeed.

The meatballs will be tough as nails by then, though, so what's the point?

• Advertisement

If you google "IKEA Dublin Finglas" you'll get the visitor data by time and day. There isn't a huge amount of difference in traffic throughout the day, unless you go late in the evening when it is very quiet indeed.

The meatballs will be tough as nails by then, though, so what's the point?

Literally it's all about the meatballs for me! :-D

I doubt the restaurant is back open though is it?

Literally it's all about the meatballs for me! :-D

I doubt the restaurant is back open though is it?

Not yet, I was thinking of going there myself when I was in dublin last week. They're reopening on the 7th of June. Expect a mad rush on meatballs.

I've bought the meatballs (frozen) in the little shop attached, and it's just not the same when you cook them at home.

Not yet, I was thinking of going there myself when I was in dublin last week. They're reopening on the 7th of June. Expect a mad rush on meatballs.

I've bought the meatballs (frozen) in the little shop attached, and it's just not the same when you cook them at home.

Same you need the mash and sauce, and the little flag! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

I've bought the meatballs (frozen) in the little shop attached, and it's just not the same when you cook them at home.[/quote]

The meat meatballs were out of stock in the food market and they’d stickers promoting the veggie ones as an alternative on Friday so I suspect they may be out of stock for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Redjacketboy

I was there at 10 this morning and no queue to get in. A bit of queue at tills but nothing major! Busy making things all afternoon. Now what to do with the extra bits, I'm going with ignore!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Monday evening after 6, no queue at all. Seemed to be the same usual amount in store though and the usual jam at the end near the candle and plant section. Not much of a queue at the tills but was a queue at the hotdog stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it possible to get a wardrobe planning appointment? The website says they can't be booked at the moment.

Tusky wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a wardrobe planning appointment? The website says they can't be booked at the moment.

Kitchens have a three month waiting time or you can just turn up and queue like we did. Maybe it’s the same for wardrobes.

Was busy this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Get Real

I find midweek, even with a queue, you get i within 10mins tops. Had to go three consecutive days. For reasons I cannot explain! 😂

All trips were between 10 and 1. Came out at 2pm one of the days, no queue at all to get in.

Advertisement