Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aris's Walrus: The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,262 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope the site stops acting up, errors errors errors

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Levis 503s all over the place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,351 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Someone is forgetting to feed the hamsters again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

yes, site is a bit laggy for me, but let's give it a try :)

giphy.gif

Getting the first worried person out of his agony :D

In 11th place, submitted by
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    , Shakira feat. Rihanna-Can't Remember to Forget You.

I liked Shakira when she exploded with Whenever Wherever and think she is great performer but lost track of her after the first couple of albums. I have mixed feelings about this song. I didn’t like the kind of ska elements and only found the rock parts interesting. I would have also liked for the 2 of them to sing more together because whenever they do their voices blend very well. Still though a very summery, uplifting song that I wouldn’t mind listening often.

• Advertisement

In 12th place, submitted by
    s1ippy
    , Dion & Paul Simon-New York is my Home.

This was one of the songs that grew on me a bit after repeated listening. I have never heard of Dion before and I am not the biggest Paul Simon fan, but I found this song interesting. A solid melody and the voices of the 2 singers combine nicely, making this one of the many good duets in this category. Until the last listen it kept climbing and if there was more time/listening it would have made it into top-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not 11th!
    FrighteningElaborateAsp-size_restricted.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

What I really like about Shakira is that she has the most honest hips of any pop star.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

s1ippy wrote:
    What I really like about Shakira is that she has the most honest hips of any pop star.

You could say they don't lie :P

That Shakira and Rihanna song is good.... Video is better :eek:

• Advertisement

In 10th place, submitted by
    Electric Nitwit
    , Crystal Castles feat. Robert Smith-I'm Not In Love.

Though it should be right down my alley, I never warmed to the music of Crystal Castles. Not sure why but I felt that there was always something off with them. This is their only song that I like, mainly due to Robert Smith’s presence – though not his best vocal performance, his voice mixes nicely with the music.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Though it should be right down my alley, I never warmed to the music of Crystal Castles
    Ah, i did think they might be :p
    Oh well, try again, fail again, fail better... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 12th place, submitted by
    s1ippy
    , Dion & Paul Simon-New York is my Home.

This was one of the songs that grew on me a bit after repeated listening. I have never heard of Dion before and I am not the biggest Paul Simon fan, but I found this song interesting. A solid melody and the voices of the 2 singers combine nicely, making this one of the many good duets in this category. Until the last listen it kept climbing and if there was more time/listening it would have made it into top-10.

Nice 60s vibe to it.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not 11th!
    FrighteningElaborateAsp-size_restricted.gif

But not for the better I'm afraid. . .

In 13th place, submitted by
    ShaneU
    , Benee feat. Gus Dapperton-Supalonely.

Nice rhythm to this one, I found myself shaking my head on the beat when I was listening to it and I liked Benee’s voice. It started from inside the top-10, but eventually I decided that I don’t particularly like Gus Dapperton’s voice, so the song lost a few places in the end.

8fa4009ccd01f7fedb22e9dfb4f308ed.gif

ShaneU wrote: »
    Not 11th!
    In 13th place, submitted by
    ShaneU

tenor.gif

In 9th place, submitted by
    Mustang Shelly
    , Justin Timberlake feat Chris Stapleton-Say Something.

I am a fan of JT, but wasn’t crazy about the Man of the Woods album, with Sauce being the only song that briefly made it in my playlist. But based on Say Something, I think I need to revisit it. Lovely song, simple yet effective production and great vocal combination between Timberlake and Stapleton. I wouldn’t necessarily explore Stapleton’s songs (as I get a country feeling from him) but in this instance it all works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pretty happy with 11th and being bang in the middle of the pack on this round. I'll take it.

giphy.gif

This is NOT putting me in a good mood ahead of my own Walrus... #Ruthless #NoMercy

In 9th place, submitted by
    Mustang Shelly

I am a fan of JT, but wasn’t crazy about the Man of the Woods album, with Sauce being the only song that briefly made it in my playlist. But based on Say Something, I think I need to revisit it. Lovely song, simple yet effective production and great vocal combination between Timberlake and Stapleton. I wouldn’t necessarily explore Stapleton’s songs (as I get a country feeling from him) but in this instance it all works well.

Chris Stapleton is country, a very good artist, this song grew on me

• Advertisement

In 14th place, submitted by
    Kolido
    , Mike Reno & Ann Wilson-Almost Paradise

I didn’t know this song so I had to look at my films lists. . .and realise that I have never seen Footloose. I like Heart so it was great to hear Ann Wilson but Mike Reno’s voice did nothing for me. I think I would have preferred if Eric Carmen who has written the music was singing with Ann Wilson.

In 8th place, submitted by
    Zaph
    , Paul Simon and Linda Ronstadt-Under African Skies.

This was one of the great discoveries of this list. As I mentioned earlier I am not a fan of Paul Simon and know very little of his music, but I really liked this one. Great vocal harmonies between him and Linda Ronstadt (another singer that I don’t know at all) and I really liked the drums and percussion sound on this. I reckon it might be time to explore Paul Simon a bit further and the Graceland album might be the place to start.

In 15th place, submitted by
    Green&Red
    , Alok & Bruno Martini feat. Zeeba-Hear Me Now

When I first listened to it, I thought that this has this very generic dance sound that works on a dancefloor and nowhere else, so it looked like it would finish very close to the bottom. After a couple of more listens it slightly grew on me. Not to say that I would be tempted to add it to my playlist, but I could picture myself listening to it while drinking cocktails in a seaside bar during summer holidays.

In 7th place, submitted by
    fixXxer
    , Metallica & The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra-Call of Ktulu

Before I listened to this song (which I haven’t heard before) I didn’t know what to expect. I am familiar with the work of Apocalyptica who do classic covers of Metallica and find them a bit interesting, the title of the song references H.P.Lovecraft and the duration suggested something of epic proportions so I was somewhat hopeful. The end result exceeded my expectations: as this is an instrumental I completely forgot that this is heavy metal and really lost myself in the music. I listened to the original too and liked it as well, but this version is for sure on a whole different level. Very pleasant surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,722 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I reckon it might be time to explore Paul Simon a bit further and the Graceland album might be the place to start.
    I concur with this, Graceland is a bone fide classic :)

In 14th place, submitted by
    Kolido

I didn’t know this song so I had to look at my films lists. . .and realise that I have never seen Footloose. I like Heart so it was great to hear Ann Wilson but Mike Reno’s voice did nothing for me. I think I would have preferred if Eric Carmen who has written the music was singing with Ann Wilson.

Ann does another duet from the film Tequila Sunrise called Surrender to Me, both film and song underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

I sense last place for me for this round...

In 16th place, submitted by
    Homer J.Fong
    , James Blake & Rosalia-Barefoot In The Park

I never liked James Blake’s music. I think he is a bit overrated and that mid-tempo electro-soul sound that always has, does nothing to it. This song started well and initially liked the combination of English and Spanish, but I think it got repetitive and after the first chorus I got bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I got this me thinks. My choice was a nostalgic choice for me rather than a great duet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Think i could be down towards there myself, i picked a song that won't be to everyone's taste, my friend hates this song

Advertisement