Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you enjoyed working from home?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I loved my one day of WFH. I got so much done, and could be out in the garden working at 601pm.

Unfortunately the cyberattack removed WFH and IT won't allow it again for "security reasons". So its a moot point really.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

For our family, it's been transformative - life has never been better.

I have breakfast with the kids every morning and then start work earlier than if I was commuting. Doing the best work of my career as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I will start by saying that I have a pretty short commute and even before covid we were allowed to WFH a bit, even regularly like 1 day a week or so. And I work in IT with no technical disadvantage when WFH. In fact my home setup is probably better than what I ever had in the office. So it didnt transform my life in the way it did with folks who spent a couple of hours or more per day in their cars and struggle with school runs etc. And it didn't impact my ability to work.

But still, I didnt like it at all at first. I saw the possible necessity at the beginning of covid, but got soon very tired of it and started to miss the company of colleagues.

But after a while I began to see the positives - somewhat overshadowed by the whole covid thing in general - but positives all the same. Could sleep l bit longer. more freedom for running messages and getting things done in the house. More time with my girlfriend/partner of course. There were spells where the whole covid depression weighed on me and productivity wasnt so great but overall I got more done in less time and quality of work improved too. Fewer distractions and more head down and concentrated work is the reason for that I think.

I'm now in the fortunate position that my employer has decided that productivity hasn't suffered or even increased and our return to office is entirely up to ourselves. In our small team we have decided we generally meet up in the office once a week. I could/would do more but some of the lads have longer commutes and I see no point going in when they don't.

So while covid was sh1t it has in the long run improved my work life balance and I have more freedom and flexibility than ever. I have delivered very good quality projects and gotten very good annual reviews on the back of it. Professionally I had a 3 very good years since it all started. It sucked when it was forced but its great now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I was doing 1 day a week in the office, just moved to 2 days (long story).2 days is more than enough, I was happy out with just the 1 day.But overall it's the way forward for me, and it will be a number 1 criteria for any future jobs.

The office is busy here today and I am finding I don't miss that pre-covid full office thing. Not one bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭foxsake

currently occasional visits to the office .

If I was made go back more than 1 day a week i'd resign once I sourced another remote working arrangement,

work from home is now on par with salary in considering a job.

Advertisement