Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is there no Boards.ie app?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I used the app, liked using it.
    And then it went to ****e in the current year, wouldn't show latest posts. Not supported so not surprise.
    As far as I can see, app did not have ads while mobile site does. So makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

unquote_2x.png
    WE WERE ON A BREAK!!!

The latter was 23 years ago.

Or, like, so I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Love the feature where when you were just about to select latest posts etc across the top the advert would get bigger so you would be redirected to that, it's a feature that must have been great for the clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Standard emojis in Unicode all look a bit different depending on the platform, but here’s the “face with rolling eyes” one

https://emojipedia.org/face-with-rolling-eyes/

Most implementations lack the side smirk and slight side glance the Boards one has.

yeah the boards roll eyes is easily the best one around, the ones in Whatsapp dont convey the sarcastic emotion as well. Must try to figure out of theres a way to get the boards one into whatsapp

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you really think a poster will let another have the last word here?

Even if its just me and Tyrant here at the end neither of us will agree to be the second last one to go, which means boards will live on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Genghis

Am a m.boards.ie man myself. Not working right now but like the more minimal site on mobile, and even on desktop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

I'm on the app now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Imo boards has a lot of great content but need to work a bit better on how a user can discover that content. They could do this fairly easily with more advanced tabs on the homepage and a better tagging system.

The full/legacy/desktop/whatever-they-call-it-now used to have a full menu but it was cut back and reorganised to what you see today for reasons.

There was talk of fixing/restoring things but that was years ago.

Agree completely though.. This site is a great local/Irish resource and so much of it is buried in that awful menu system so that many/most users just stick to their favourites which is a huge waste of opportunity.

The touch site (which I'm posting from now) is good but needs work too.

That "responsive" site is something best forgotten tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Not every website needs an app, you can use boards.ie in any browser,
    The reason why most company's want an app is they can use it to push ads at users, 10 per cent off this week on product X.
    Or give info to users, eg sale on 8am Monday etc
    And it's good pr to say we have x million app users.
    There's a phrase. Kiss, eg keep it simple,
    The purpose of boards is to discuss subjects,
    Ask for advice etc
    Also apps don't work on pcs or laptops. Apps take up space in ram, if you use apps it can use up battery life and ram.
    I use very few apps. Mostly I just use the browser.
    My phone has a music app and a radio app.
    Apps are not so important now that browsers
    are very advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

The touch site is perfectly adequate for mobile.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The full/legacy/desktop/whatever-they-call-it-now used to have a full menu but it was cut back and reorganised to what you see today for reasons.

There was talk of fixing/restoring things but that was years ago.

Agree completely though.. This site is a great local/Irish resource and so much of it is buried in that awful menu system so that many/most users just stick to their favourites which is a huge waste of opportunity.

The touch site (which I'm posting from now) is good but needs work too.

That "responsive" site is something best forgotten tbh.

I liked the responsive one for the most part and it just needed a bit of work rather than binning it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement