Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Boybands VS Girl Power

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,022 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There were an awful lot of complete turds I was afraid would come out on top in this competition, but Backstreet Boys is a pretty harmless song with a decent video, so it gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

Backstreet Boys.

Total mismatch.

agree! my vote too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I voted for the final two in the semi's and at different times all along the way, so it is a difficult decision. So I stepped away for a while and have just re listened to both.

Everybody is a good, fun song for getting down and earthy on the dance floor. It does what it is meant to do... making yer body move and dance.

Pure shores, which has grown on me, is a slower more emotional song which makes you want to sway along to it with your beloved or maybe even alone. You feel like your floating, rising and falling with the waves on the shore. It manages to take you to the place invoked in the lyrics, (which a great song is meant too).... falling in love will yourself over and over as you try and find your way home through life.

From a song writing production aspect Pure Shore is definitely more intricate throughout but, then again repetition is one of the hallmarks of a good dance song like in Everybody ..

If I had my way I would make it a tie, with Everybody as the winner of dance pop song and Pure Shores as the winner of slow pop song in this competition. However, for me Pure Shore nudges itself into the number one spot as it made me 'lost in music' once again.:cool:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The votes have been counted.

source.gif

By just 3 votes, with a winning score of 12 - 9....

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)

A worthy winner, indeed the winning song had the joint most nominations with 3 so the win was probably to be expected.

Thank you all for taking part, hope you enjoyed another edition of Boardsies Decide... The Best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Thanks Necro. A worthy winner.

• Advertisement

Can't whinge about that. A solid 7/2 shot right from the get-go.

Proper boyband with proper boyband music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Can't complain about that at all - personally would've been happy with either of the two finalists winning anyway.

Great job Necro. A really fun tournament!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

A very close competition at times throughout. Boy/girl bands aren't my favorite genre but came across some nice new songs and some old ones I had forgotten about. Always good to expand your musical horizons. Thanks Necro for all the work...see ya... until the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Good job Necro. Thanks for doing all the legwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Travesty that TLC didn't triumph. No further comment, but a shameless plug.

Boardsies decide greatest music act of all-time.

• Advertisement

Reberetta wrote: »
    Travesty that TLC didn't triumph.

One of the 21st century's great injustices.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

One of the 21st century's great injustices.

You need some TLC, wont be getting it from me though.

Great job Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Great job Necro and thrilled one of my nominations won!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

A worthy winner.

Thank you for organizing Necro, a great competition as always!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,322 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great Winner

Thank you Necro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

A predictable but worthy winner, cheers for all your hard work doing this Necro

Advertisement