Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boardsies Decide: Boybands VS Girl Power

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Semi Final 2 - Extra Time

All Saints - Pure Shores

VS

All Saints - Never Ever

The Scores are tied: If you have already voted, you can do so again
    All Saints - Pure Shores 9 9 All Saints - Never Ever

Voting closes at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Never Ever.

The intro part on its own is better than anything that Pure Shores has to offer. They way it builds up is class and there’s a good power to it. In other words, a lot going on and in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pure Shores - I'd Never Ever vote for Never Ever when there's such a superior song in contention. Pure Shores is just f**king class and deserves to be the winner of the All Saints-off just to make it an interesting final ; it's the song that stands the best chance of beating the Backstreet Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    All Saints - Never Ever as I think Pure Shores is pure muck imho and from that awful film The Beach

Again I vote Never Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Never ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I vote for Pure Shores again as it is the far better of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Pure Shores.
    A great song from a great soundtrack (. . . of a not-so-great film. . .)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It's level again :pac:

12 votes each!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

IMHO Pure Shores is the better song

After extra time, Purgative has the final say

Advancing to the Grand Final....
    All Saints - Pure Shores 13 12 All Saints - Never Ever

All Saints - Pure Shores

Final coming up momentarily and will run until 6pm tomorrow evening

• Advertisement

Grand Final

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)

ROUTE TO THE FINAL

Round 1 Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 7 1 The Corrs: I Never Loved You Anyway
    Round 2 Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 7 4 B*Witched - C'est La Vie
    Round 3 Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 9 4 Savage Garden - To The Moon and Back
    Round 4 Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 9 7 Girls Aloud - Sound of the Underground
    Quarter Finals Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 15 3 Blue - All Rise
    Semi Finals Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backsteet's Back) 11 8 S Club 7 - Don't Stop Movin'

VS

All Saints - Pure Shores

ROUTE TO THE FINAL

Round 1 All Saints - Pure Shores 6 5 Bananarama - Venus
    Round 2 All Saints - Pure Shores 7 5 S-Club 7 - Never Had A Dream Come True
    Round 3 All Saints - Pure Shores 9 1 The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
    Round 4 All Saints - Pure Shores 9 5 Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me
    Quarter Finals All Saints - Pure Shores 11 7 TLC - Waterfalls
    Semi Finals (AET) All Saints - Pure Shores 13 12 All Saints - Never Ever

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) vs All Saints - Pure Shores

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Pure shores all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - I might even dance to it, well probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All Saints - Pure Shores ; the most deserving winner

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Backstreet Boys - quintessential 90s boyband tune. The deserving winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Backstreets Back Alright, Everybody, so catchy, great cheesy "scary" video too

A fine bunch of rides

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

All Saints - Pure Shores

Song for song, pure shores is a clear winner for me though TBB are an overall greater act, but thats not what we are here for.

Pure Shores - best girl band imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

oh, that's very difficult to choose.

I will stick with my nomination, Pure Shores, I think the best All Saints song, whereas with BSB I have other songs that I like more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Backstreet Boys - Everybody (Backstreet's Back)

• Advertisement

Backstreet Boys.

Total mismatch.

Before voting I'd just like to echo previous sentiments and say that at least one TLC song really should have made the final.

Anyway, with that said....I'm gonna vote for Pure Shores.

Simply 'cause it's the better song imo. The production is really interesting, making an otherwise contemporary chart pop song sound woozy and hypnotic. The vocal harmonies are great, as was often the case with All Saints. And Shaznay Lewis co-wrote it, which is cool.

Backstreet's Back is probably a fun song to hear at a party or a night out when you haven't heard it for ages...but I'd never sit down at home and think to myself "oh I'd like to listen to that". Pure Shores is far more likely to make my regular Spotify playlists.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a fan of pop music in general, and boy/girl bands in particular. To me, the Backstreet Boys are the embodiment of what I don't like about them, pure cheese and quite frankly not very good songs, imo. However I have to admit that All Saints would be a bit of a guilty pleasure. Their songs were musically streets ahead of their counterparts, and they were also better singers than most. I can't claim to like all their songs I've heard, but Pure Shores is pretty classy and would be a worthy winner of this competition (which admittedly I haven't been following and I just clicked into to see what won), so it gets my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

All Saints - Pure Shores - its simply just a better song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Backstreet Boys Everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Backstreet Boys-Everybody (Backstreet's Back).

Jumpy dancey fun. Pure Shores is just ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Backstreet Boys all day, every day.

There's nothing on Pure Shores that will have a whole room singing together in the same way that BACK-STREETS-BACK--ALRIGHT does!!! Essential 90s choon.

Also... I had never heard Pure Shores before this competition. Never Ever was the only All Saints song I had ever come across, so they were never going to be winners for me if the song wasn't good enough to make into any of the playlists for 90s/00s nights in college! Don't really get the hype over it to be honest...

Iconic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Backstreet boys. Was never into the boyband/ girl and thing but I like this song. It’s fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Backstreets Back. A stomper of a tune, try not moving when it’s on or singing along. Can’t say the same for the other offering.

Advertisement