Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archers Wood “Delgany”

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Sadly I sense a price increase is on the way for the next phases if they are selling that quickly.

During the Celtic Tiger I remember sleeping in a car overnight to get my current home.

The prices in the post above are obscene and it only seems to be getting worse. The boom is back. This is horrendous for young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

really, are you sure that couple got a south facing home for €490k? normally they would charge a premium for the south facing homes and i know the standard east and west facing homes were all €490k.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Blue_Chip

There is a massive demand for the houses these days. I'm not trying to scare people here but I'll tell you about the response time of the email. I replied to the email within 50 seconds (yes you can see upto the exact second on the time stamp of the email) and got 11 in the queue. I know 2 more people who replied within 90 seconds and were 16 and 20 in the queue. So, if you are saying that after 20 minutes all the slots were filled, I wouldn't be surprised to find that out.

When it comes to the price, there are people who have paid north of 500k for a 3 bed south facing houses (in phase 1). The garden size also varies from the house to house but in my opinion, it is from 70 sq M to 95 sq M for most of the 3 beds.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

^^^ The sad thing is that I believe you. I think the comes a point people have to ask themselves, “how much is too much?”

• Registered Users Posts: 4 asps

Yes, i understand but email can't be reservation system. it need two parties to agree on schedule time.rather than sending a launch email at random time, they should have to given a link to come and register and book a available slot on notified date and time so link will be active.

i strongly think email method easy to say its just luck but behind its scandalous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 asps

but saying inflation 'how much' it impacts for construction is question is it realistic to increase 30 k every phase .. no its not its human sentiments builder are playing with somebody going to pay big prices one day

• Registered Users Posts: 2 handycode

For new houses they need to go the same bidding system as for second hand market, basically who is going to pay the higher price will get a house, it's not a social housing so its just a business, nothing personal. Why would they need to sell at lower then market price? I won't be surprised if prices will go up again, starting with €525k for 3bed townhouse, and €550 for 3 bed semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

New Phase launched last week , 3 bed Semi/terrace started at 540 (most of them were 585 and some were 565)

60k above previous phase getting crazy , I remeber missing phase 1 appointment when it was 465 for the same house

This is going nuts again. It won’t end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Chiliconkeni

Hi all,

Im interested in hearing from anyone who has bought in archers wood or lives in local estate. How do you like the area, do you feel that it is well connected to Greystones or does it feel quite a bit out of town.

Also interested in different house types side entry v front entry.

Any other insight or perspectives on experience living here. We are a young family and hear that it’s really nice area. We would be quite active, and would like to settle here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,869 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I know it's still awaiting a final decision but how is this sort of stuff allowed fly?!

I've been trying to get the council to follow up on some stuff the developer was supposed to complete in the new estate I moved into. After 4 months I've gotten the council to agree that there have been 'construction changes' from the plans, but they don't seem too pushed to actually do anything about it. I get the impression if the developer gives them some half-baked excuse the council would be more than willing to swallow it whole and move along.

*sorry rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 2 savnn

Paid a booking deposit. 4 bed, €680,000. Rates are going higher soon. Tell me I’m crazy 😜

I took the above photos in Archers Wood today. It is like a far more upmarket and modern version of Charlesland.

Build quality is very good. However I’m surprised that homes at this price point don’t have solar panels. It also seems odd to me that they have letterbox’s installed in those expensive composite front doors, the current trend is to install post boxes instead as this helps keep these homes airtight. Minor points really, overall these homes are very tasty. I’m sure the new residents will be very happy with their new purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

it's ridiculous that PV panels aren't mandatory on all new builds at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭bazzjazz

There is a road from Archers Wood connecting into Eden gate, the estate beside it, which is currently blocked. Does anyone know if this will be opened?

We are looking at a house in Eden Gate and access from Archers Wood would shorten the journey home from Greystones direction as we wouldn't have to travel up the main road (R774) to the top roundabout and come back down again to get into Eden Gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,100 ✭✭✭prunudo

Open to correction, but as far as i know, this will only be open for pedestrian and cycle access.

according to the plans, it's a pedestrian/cycle route, though it does look like they've left space to open a road in the future:

That is good news for pedestrians and cyclists, but the pain in the arse for car drivers living in Eden Gate remains!

yeah, even a one-way road so drivers could get into Eden Gate that way, while exiting via the existing road, would be useful. I still think it ridiculous they built an underpass for the farm but not for the housing estate - they could have accommodated both with one underpass...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 birken

For anyone that has moved in to Archers Wood, with regards to the house being wired for high speed broadband, and approx 4 data points around the house. Has anyone implemented a home network using this installed infrastructure?

It seems that once you get an ISP to provide a modem, you can then use either the ISP’s modem to then route broadband around the house using these data points, or purchase your own switch to then run broadband from your modem to the rest of the house using the installed cabling.

I live elsewhere, but what you describe is possible. I have about 10 Ethernet points in my own home, I connected these to a gigabit switch which is plugged into the ISP's modem. Easy and cheap to implement and works well.

Thank you for that, that’s quite useful. And, can I ask, are you just connecting devices that need access to the internet, via Ethernet. Or have you connected PoE access points to these 10 Ethernet ports? And connect them via Wifi?

A mixture.

I have 3 Wifi routers points plugged into ethernet points like the one shown below. This provides me with a strong wireless network throughout the house. I also have devices that require a lot of bandwidth plugged into network points such as:

• TV
    • Various streaming devices (such as 4K Apple TV)
    • Work PC
    • iMac

Thanks, appreciate that a lot! I would imagine I’ll do something very similar!

It’s not expensive or difficult once the cables are installed.

Advertisement