Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archers Wood “Delgany”

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

dannyc31 wrote: »
    i'd be curious to know how much interest there will be in these homes when they launch.

I expect that the demand will be through the roof and it will be the same old sory where the first phase will be the cheapest.
    Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

2011 wrote: »
    and it will be the same old sory where the first phase will be the cheapest.
    Time will tell.

oh right, is this a common thing with new developments that phase one is always the cheapest? why would they do that and not just have them all at the higher prices if the demand is massive?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

oh right, is this a common thing with new developments that phase one is always the cheapest?

From what I have observed in these parts, yes.

why would they do that and not just have them all at the higher prices if the demand is massive?

In my opinion they test the water the first time around. If they sell phase 1 rapidly (which so often happens) they will attempt to squeeze more money out of people the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

The cash flow squeeze is probably not as tight on the 2nd phase so they can up the price and wait

Getting cash in from the 1st phase is probably a priority so selling them as quickly as possible is the preferred option. Mr Banker is probably prodding them along

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

Blue_Chip wrote: »
    Do we have any update on this ?
    I know that the construction is off limit these days but it seems we are in limbo for a long time.

There have been builders on the site the last 2 weeks slowly increasing in numbers. They’ve also had fuel trucks going to the site the entire lockdown. I live right beside there storage area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 bluser

They already started to sale the houses.
    First ~20 houses were sale agreed last week (I assume during one day), so it's really likely that they would increase prices for next releases.
    3bd semi were 490k, with backyards facing west (almost west-north), but were taken in a first few hours (I wasn't lucky to get one).
    I imagine that south facing backyards with view on the green field would be way more than 500k :(

Has anyone heard when next release would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Blue_Chip

bluser wrote: »
    They already started to sale the houses.
    First ~20 houses were sale agreed last week (I assume during one day), so it's really likely that they would increase prices for next releases.
    3bd semi were 490k, with backyards facing west (almost west-north), but were taken in a first few hours (I wasn't lucky to get one).
    I imagine that south facing backyards with view on the green field would be way more than 500k :(

Has anyone heard when next release would happen?

I'm not sure if we are talking about the same property. I'm just off the phone with the EA and they told me that Archers Wood has not been released yet. They are expecting to launch in in Summers (depending on Covid restrictions) . Also, the price range is 460-470 for a 3 Bed Semi.
    Do you have any link/source to verify the claims ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bluser

I am confident that I am talking about the Archers Wood in Delgany - that's what they sent in the sale brochure imgur.com/a/oZohr9D
    Who is you EA: KellyWalsh or SherryFitz?
    I wonder why they haven't told you about the real pricing.

bluser wrote: »
    I am confident that I am talking about the Archers Wood in Delgany - that's what they sent in the sale brochure imgur.com/a/oZohr9D
    Who is you EA: KellyWalsh or SherryFitz?
    I wonder why they haven't told you about the real pricing.

My EA is SherryFitz. The brochure looks alright. May I know who's your EA ?
    I'm wondering why they didn't tell me anything this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wopp

Made a facebook group for anyone buying or in the process of buying. It was invaluable for the estate i'm in currently during the building/snagging/moving in phases. Currently in the buying process myself and awaiting contracts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/152371286758581/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Cheeseplant

My EA is SherryFitz. The brochure looks alright. May I know who's your EA ?
    I'm wondering why they didn't tell me anything this morning.

Just wondering if you got any update on this? I fired off an email to a contact in SF New Homes but they are on leave until later in the week. I am registered for info on Archers Wood but have not received any launch info as yet.

i'd be curious to know how much interest there will be in these homes when they launch. does anyone remember when the Glenheron developments launched some years back? just wondering did all the homes get snapped up very quickly particularly the 3 beds.

There was an off plan release in June 2017 395k-430k for 3 beds (96-110 sqM) and 465-575k for 4 beds (131-170sqM)
    In Jan 2019 the View launched, 3 bed terrace from 440, 3 bed semi from 450, 4 bed semi from 499950.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

I hear the 3 beds there are already well over 500k

Glenheron actually dropped its prices end of 2019

Captcha wrote: »
    I hear the 3 beds there are already well over 500k

Glenheron actually dropped its prices end of 2019

500k for a 3 bed?! crazy. Did they actually launch? I'm curious as to why they was no launch email

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I cycle past the site regularly, it's dead, there is no work taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 merikahan

those who has booked the houses, what's the price for 3 bed they are asking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Downloaded

I see prices now advertised of between 470k and 550k - Anyone know how many units are available in the first phase and how many are 3 beds or 4 beds?

I think the total units available are (were) 40 in the first phase of the launch. 28 of them 3Beds and 12 4Beds. The 3Beds were priced from 470-510k and the 4Beds from 555-585k.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭SlinkyL

I think the total units available are (were) 40 in the first phase of the launch. 28 of them 3Beds and 12 4Beds. The 3Beds were priced from 470-510k and the 4Beds from 555-585k.
    Are the units released today sold already?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭dannyc31

SlinkyL wrote: »
    Are the units released today sold already?

i think so. i know a couple who were hoping to get one in this phase who were told its only cancellations now.

• Advertisement

i think so. i know a couple who were hoping to get one in this phase who were told its only cancellations now.

It’s quite incredible, especially considering that subsequent phases will be even more expensive. The boom is back!

The boom is definitely back and with some more power this time. There is a lot of demand and nearly no supply to meet that demand. Heard about somerton in lucan where there are 5000 interests for 44 odd houses. I would say that in Archers wood as well, there was a lot of demand for 30 houses that were launched in this phase.

Indeed.
    It will be interesting to see just how far they will manage to hike the prices up. I feel sorry for anyone particularly young people trying to buy homes in the area.

The “good news” is that the build quality seems excellent this time around which is a marked improvement compared to many of the Celtic Tiger built properties from last time.

During the end of the CT years I slept in a car overnight to buy my current home. I imagine we are back at that point now.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭jpd

There is a lot of demand and nearly no supply to meet that demand.

And the "Don't build any more houses beside me" crowd are not helping

jpd wrote: »
    And the "Don't build any more houses beside me" crowd are not helping

These people have long since been overruled.

Almost every available square inch in Greystones / Delgany has been built on, is being built on or very soon will be built on. The ship has sailed a long time ago for anyone in the area that doesn’t want homes built beside them.

The solution: Developments that are well outside Greystones/ Delgany are being sold as Greystones / Delgany. This has the desired aim of massively inflating the asking price.

As far as I'm aware, the cost of raw material has gone substantially up in the last 12 months. Copper up 300%, lumber up 300% as well, so are aluminum and other material. The increase in price factor at this time is in part because of the raw material price increase and that's not just Ireland, It is all over the world now. Thankfully the prices of raw material have cooled down in the last few days but consumer would still end up paying the costs for a long time. The pandemic has also not helped with prices of the places 'away from city center' rising much more than the centers because of the remote working.

I work in the construction industry. Yes, the costs of all materials have shot up. However, this only explains a small part of the dramatic house price increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

Any news on the 5 beds here? I don’t see any floor plans for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tris111

Hi guys, do you know what section of the development is launching in the next phase in Autumn by any chance?

Also, does anyone know was it the 3 bed side entry that were 510k in the first phase?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 asps

Hi Guys, Long story short we got an email regard to launching dates 3 days prior launch dates were 9th Sep, and by the time I replied email within in next 20 mins, and I got a response back saying all of the appointments for this Thursday(9th), Friday and Saturday was booked, later I replied to the same email in next 1 min and requesting to provide to take next appointment which I got a response on Saturday(18) and confirmed that I can reserve, but later today I saw the email and I was shocked because all the homes are now reserved it seems, and they told me if you want to come and see the show house you can come on agreed date and time.

I just wonder how many people responded within 20 mins / how many confirmed to agreed schedule viewing / how many people saw the show house / and how many reserved on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday?

or Just scamming innocent people?

and @tris111 - prices 3 Bed starts from 485k 4 Bed starts 580k, I met one person who had paid 490k 3 semi with south facing garden and believe me garden size looks like not more than 70sqm.

Advertisement