Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The consequences of buying fish

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

fullstop wrote: »
    So do we just organise a cull, and once 900 million of them are dead we get on with things, or what? What’s the proposed method of execution? 900 million bullets would be costly

I'd say a coincidentally targeted biological will work wonders.

The kind of stuff that the Chinese are researching, you know, trying to learn how to "defend" against bioweapons.

Just like nuclear weapons "defense" research.

Just to add, there was a little segment on primetime not so long ago where they actually sent a reporter to China investigating the hullabaloo about the origin of the covid 19 virus and the general attitude in China. It was surprisingly decent.

Our new celebrity scientist Luke o Neil was on a panel watching. After the segment, he commented that "it's amazing that we still don't know where it came from a year later". Shameful comment to have made.

China is a serious problem and threat in so many ways it's hard to know where to begin. Environmentally, in relation to this thread on just fish, it's a disaster.

And it won't be the last pandemic out of there, only it mightn't be so accidental next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,828 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Gradius wrote: »

Our new celebrity scientist Luke o Neil was on a panel watching. After the segment, he commented that "it's amazing that we still don't know where it came from a year later". Shameful comment to have made.

The Chinese got to Luke.
    If the CCP told me it was Thursday I'd have to check the calendar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Great source of protein!
    Tinned fish, salmon or mackerel in tomato sauce, yum yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭RulesOfNature

Great source of protein!
    Tinned fish, salmon or mackerel in tomato sauce, yum yum.

Great source of lead and mercury.

Guaranteed chance of alzheimers and dementia yum yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,978 ✭✭✭malinheader

Great source of lead and mercury.

Guaranteed chance of alzheimers and dementia yum yum!

I like fish but draw the line on farm salmon. Mercury and lead is minimal and you would probably need to be eating quite a lot of fish to find any affect. But farmed salmon not a chance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement