Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Party Leadership Contest

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

L1011 wrote: »
    Vincent Martin was a councillor (Ind not GP) over two decades ago. He knows what he's at. Appeal to the FG-on-bikes contingent in the constituency, of which there are plenty.

Does not stop him or others behaving like undergraduates learning how to protest - and thinking it makes a difference.

Remember Bad Boy Barrett was a serial protester when he was elected a councillor to DCC and then continued to protest outside the council, marshalling his troops on the picket line.

He was not ready to take his protest to where he could actually make a difference. Kids playing at politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Does not stop him or others behaving like undergraduates learning how to protest - and thinking it makes a difference.

Remember Bad Boy Barrett was a serial protester when he was elected a councillor to DCC and then continued to protest outside the council, marshalling his troops on the picket line.

He was not ready to take his protest to where he could actually make a difference. Kids playing at politics.
    I thought this was a thread about the green party

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What he's doing is the exact opposite of protest... as should be clear from what I said he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Vincent Martin was a councillor (Ind not GP) over two decades ago. He knows what he's at. Appeal to the FG-on-bikes contingent in the constituency, of which there are plenty.

Take a look at Vincent P Martin's effort in the Seanad, on the Schools Cup Final, if he keeps that up he won't appeal to many

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Take a look at Vincent P Martin's effort in the Seanad, on the Schools Cup Final, if he keeps that up he won't appeal to many

That's what I brought up - plenty of voters for that in his constituency; they just voted for Durkan (who has to retire, surely) or possibly Stagg efore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

That's what I brought up - plenty of voters for that in his constituency; they just voted for Durkan (who has to retire, surely) or possibly Stagg efore.

The way he delivered the speech was worse than the content, north Kildare would be a prime constituency for the Green's definitely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I thought this was a thread about the green party

I was referring to the report that some GP TDs were biding their time as to when they would walk out of Gov.

Do they not understand that they need to push from within to get their agenda through. Outside of Gov they have zero power.

Currently they have a few key ministries and the Lord Mayor of Dublin. These are good platforms to get their message across. They should not waste it - they are playing senior hurling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Green senator Garvey apologises after insulting party deputy leader in group texts https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40028459.html over promotion via the Seanad
    working link https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40028681.html

Advertisement