Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Provision to be Abolished

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

No one in any party seems to care or see this anymore. Frightened of the R word I suspect.

Whereas if they did tighten up things and just observed their UN obligations and refugee obligations too, ie you have one appeal and if it's unsuccessful, back home for you. I think most people would support them.

I haven't met or spoken to ANYONE who supports the free arrival of people from wherever and being put up at our expense, and the lengthy process, and well you know the rest.

Legal profession may have a big say in all this though, along with DP providers.
    Such people exist sadly. Probably around 10% or less

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Such people exist sadly. Probably around 10% or less

Oh less than that amongst the general public but politicians fear the 90% plus a lot less than the media and activist class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Ireland and the UK are seen as a soft touch. Asylum seekers are supposed to seek asylum at the first safe haven they reach.

How the hell do Nigerians, Syrians, Iranians and the rest manage to arrive in Ireland under those terms?

A lot are financial migrants, not asylum seekers, but Ireland hasnt the balls to kick them out. To many bleeding hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ireland and the UK are seen as a soft touch. Asylum seekers are supposed to seek asylum at the first safe haven they reach.

How the hell do Nigerians, Syrians, Iranians and the rest manage to arrive in Ireland under those terms?

A lot are financial migrants, not asylum seekers, but Ireland hasnt the balls to kick them out. To many bleeding hearts.

There was a guy interviewed on skynews picked up in the med , happily to be interviewed on camera who wasn't fleeing persecution ,or war or starvation he told sky he owns several businesses and going to the uk so he make even more money ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Gatling wrote: »
    There was a guy interviewed on skynews picked up in the med , happily to be interviewed on camera who wasn't fleeing persecution ,or war or starvation he told sky he owns several businesses and going to the uk so he make even more money ,

I am just waiting for someone to call me a racist.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Advertisement