Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeVar's Walrus - The Reveal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

I can't be the only one wanting stats, right?

Year | No. entries | Av. score
    1951 | 2 | 5
    1963 | 0 | -
    1975 | 3 | 13
    1987 | 9 | 13.9
    1999 | 5 | 14.4
    2011 | 7 | 15
    Conclusive proof that new music is better than old music and that no one likes the 60s :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Well done Beaks, great choon from a great movie. Another great reveal LeVar, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I can't be the only one wanting stats, right?

Year | No. entries | Av. score
    1951 | 2 | 5
    1963 | 0 | -
    1975 | 3 | 13
    1987 | 9 | 13.9
    1999 | 5 | 14.4
    2011 | 7 | 15
    Conclusive proof that new music is better than old music and that no one likes the 60s :p

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

We're almost there, final round to go tomorrow. Should be at the same bad time on the same bad channel, but will confirm earlier tomorrow when I reveal if any bonus points will be in play.

YouTube Playlist for Year Of The Rabbit...
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5L3Ao3oIFzpXRH0FVDkNZ0G-yWFpnjoA

Ah, I might miss the final round tomorrow, plans for dinner with some friends. I will try to follow the action on the mobile.
    Yep, it's not only a battle for the top spot, but a fight for the wooden spoon, as well as a mid-table melee for final placements.

It just occurred to me that if I win this, it will be very Eurovision like: I am the next to host a walrus!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Good show. Good show.

Check out more Floyd. The songs you know are the most popular because they're the ones regular people find the easiest to listen to.

Their other stuff is where a lot of the magic lies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Ah, I might miss the final round tomorrow, plans for dinner with some friends. I will try to follow the action on the mobile.

Well the only reason I've been doing evenings is because people were probably working during the day, but tomorrow is Saturday so I could always do an earlier reveal if that suited the majority better.

What time would people actually like the reveal at tomorrow? Makes no difference to me. 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, or 7pm? If people want to say what their preference of time is and I'll decide before lunchtime tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

1st place and getting 26 points is
    beakerjoe

Gerard McMann - Cry Little Sister ; 1987

Had completely forgotten about this song. Hadn't heard it in years. Absolutely delighted to re-discover it again. Once I heard it, there was never any doubt it would be taking the top spot. Everything about it absolutely perfect, especially the eerie backing vocals and the brief yet epic organ solo in the middle. Great choice, thanks for getting it back on my radar.

That movie has some great songs in it, great movie too

Well the only reason I've been doing evenings is because people were probably working during the day, but tomorrow is Saturday so I could always do an earlier reveal if that suited the majority better.

What time would people actually like the reveal at tomorrow? Makes no difference to me. 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, or 7pm? If people want to say what their preference of time is and I'll decide before lunchtime tomorrow.

don't worry about it LeVar, I will be out all day, whatever time suits you best! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I love this game, hee hee!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man Im shocked but I shouldnt be as its a great track I picked. Its probably one of my favourite songs from an awesome soundtrack, from a movie close to my heart. Delighted this song got my first ever top spot in a Walrus.

I also notice that it wasnt the only song from the Lost Boys. Strange indeed.

I cant believe some of the choices.... how Stereo Hearts rated so highly Ill never know. Guerilla Radio is a tine as is Wish you were here.

Thanks LaVar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm discovering some great new tunes

LeVar, I'm happy for any time which best suits you for the reveal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Glad you enjoyed my Stone Sour song. I don't think there's a day goes by I don't listen to Corey Taylor or Stone Sour. He's an amazing singer. I've said it before but I can't reconcile it to him singing with Slipknot.

Probably in my top three favourite bands at the moment with Pearl Jam and Incubus

I chose my TV theme song because it brings back memories from around 5 years ago when I had had a singalong with a few of my friends and about 12 strangers on a beach in Spain, we were all singing different lyrics but we didn't care, weird but fun

Sawduck wrote: »
    I chose my TV theme song because it brings back memories from around 5 years ago when I had had a singalong with a few of my friends and about 12 strangers on a beach in Spain, we were all singing different lyrics but we didn't care, weird but fun

It was the hardest choice for me. I instantly regretted my choice but I stick by it.

So many great theme songs to choose from. I want to list all my potential choices. But I wont until its fame over.

But I will say, if the theme from Jayce and the wheel warriors is absent, this round is a bust.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I had 3 tv themes, hard to narrow down but in the end did

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It was the hardest choice for me. I instantly regretted my choice but I stick by it.

So many great theme songs to choose from. I want to list all my potential choices. But I wont until its fame over.

But I will say, if the theme from Jayce and the wheel warriors is absent, this round is a bust.

Yeah a lot of fantastic choices in this category, there was even a song that's not technically a theme song that I wanted to enter but I stood by the rules, I will also wait until its over to mention ones I almost entered

Sawduck wrote: »
    Yeah a lot of fantastic choices in this category, there was even a song that's not technically a theme song that I wanted to enter but I stood by the rules, I will also wait until its over to mention ones I almost entered

I had around 20 plus I wanted to chose.

I actually went with a song from a tv show at first, but changed as it wasnt an actual theme song.

Matt Berrys One Track Lover.

Fciking love that man and the song is so catchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I watched a movie that had the song in it a few days prior and it was still in my head, so easy decision for me :p

For the last category I picked a song that I've always loved from the first moment I heard it, but it's not one that was specifically written to be a TV theme; rather it's a song that existed in its own right before the TV show that used it as its theme.

The brief didn't say it had to be a specifically written-for-TV theme, so I'm hoping that won't count against me. :o

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For the last category I picked a song that I've always loved from the first moment I heard it, but it's not one that was specifically written to be a TV theme; rather it's a song that existed in its own right before the TV show that used it as its theme.

The brief didn't say it had to be a specifically written-for-TV theme, so I'm hoping that won't count against me. :o

My entry is the same. I've never actually seen the show it's the theme of, but I'm a big fan of the band who perform it.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    My entry is the same. I've never actually seen the show it's the theme of, but I'm a big fan of the band who perform it.

Same! I've never seen the show for the one I submitted (and admitted this when I sent my entry) but I remembered reading somewhere before that it was the theme, and Youtubed it to verify.

If it does well I might actually go watch the show in celebration! (And if it doesn't I'll blacklist it and make sure I never watch an episode)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

/\ Pretty sure I know exactly what show and band you guys are talking about, and I hope LeVar deducts you both points for cheating! :p

Ah here, it's not cheating. It is the theme to a TV show, that's all the brief asked for. ;) (I think.....unless I misread it, but if I did then at least I'm not the only one!)
    In any case I think myself and Zaph are talking about different songs....but if I'm guessing correctly what his entry is then I very much approve of it!

Now if I get a low score because LeVar hates the song then that's just down to LeVar being a philistine a difference of opinion. But docked points for "cheating" is something up with which I will not put!

Think you're both fine, I wondered the same and checked beforehand...
    tumblr_ole6ahAGyJ1sv6oluo5_400.gifv
    Are you thinking of "normal" songs, which have later been used as TV themes, or specifically written-for-the-show theme tunes?
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShaneU wrote:
    /\ Pretty sure I know exactly what show and band you guys are talking about, and I hope LeVar deducts you both points for cheating!

It's the Pokemon theme isn't it

beakerjoe wrote: »

typo or subtle hint? :D

I really wanted to enter this bit thought I should be a bit more serious :p

I thought this round had one very obvious answer, so obvious I avoided it assuming someone will enter it for sure. I hope I'm right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

I really wanted to enter this bit thought I should be a bit more serious :p

me too! i was going to enter this:

but went more serious in the end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

can we start now pls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

how about now?

Advertisement