Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anybody going to the barbers next week and what are the rules?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

mrcheez wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be advisable to wear a mask regardless?

I don't get it for a haircut tbh if you're only the person in there with the barber. If he has the mask on, he's not spreading to you and you not to him surely.

Also,.no idea how they cut around the ears properly with one on.

If anyone knows anywhere in cork that will cut without the mask, let me know. Otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

titan18 wrote: »
    If he has the mask on, he's not spreading to you and you not to him surely.

From what I understand the mask is to prevent the wearer spreading, so I'd personally wear one to prevent spreading it in case I was asymptomatic.

Same reason I wear a mask shopping etc.

I seem to be able to reach around my ears while wearing a surgical mask so perhaps a cloth mask is harder to work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Were the queue's really bad? Barbers don't open up till July 6th here up north so was thinking about crossing the border to find some place in a few days when the initial rush has died down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

My barber put a bowl on my head. He said it was an antibacterial bowl that removes the need to wear a mask.
    I always defer to an expert. Getting some funny looks this morning though but I think it's just the fresh swish look.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Passed quite a few Barberqueues this morning! :D

All with no one clacking tongs....
    Very odd! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Were the queue's really bad? Barbers don't open up till July 6th here up north so was thinking about crossing the border to find some place in a few days when the initial rush has died down.

depends Tom,for the hipster that is willing to throw money away those types of places have q's alright.
    For a normal barbers it seems fine.I did book but got a booking for the next day
    and it went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't been into the barber yet as I figure it'll be another few weeks yet before the rush dies down and I'm reading stories of significantly inflated prices and just general hassle - but also I'm doing OK with the trimmer anyway the last few months. It's not perfect but I haven't scalped myself yet or taken chunks out of my hair :D

I'll see what the story is towards the end of the month I reckon.

Advertisement