Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,981 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Saw it on the Ireland subreddit. In that sort of scenario, you have to decide if it fits. Fortunately, the Examiner are corroborating this:

Think we're talking about one-third reich as opposed to third reich here.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,981 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hard to say.

For his followers, I'd say it's the option of being able to blame foreigners for their own failures and for their lives not being as fulfilling as they think they should be. They probably also enjoy the feeling of being part of a "community", no matter how ephemeral.

For Barrett, Yaxley-Lennon and the others, it's harder to say. Occam's razor would put it down to just hate but there's probably more to it than that though I can't say. Part of it must be the grifting thing. There's also the fact that you can't really dip your toe in this crap. In this day and age, once you're in, you're in all the way. Can you imagine Barrett choosing a life on welfare or getting a job interview with Lidl or McDonald's?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think we can safely say the overcoat doesn't fit. At least it doesn't fit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,052 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Who is he even wearing that jacket for ?

The smarter operators try to dress as a slightly smarter version of their followers and the so called "common man" like Farage and his flat cap, pint of ale bollix or the various Fred Perry wearing nuts in the BNP or whatever they are called now.

I bet that jacket and it's symbolism goes way over the heads of the illiterate morons at those protests.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,623 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its great banter lads. Just enjoy it for what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I disagree: I'd say many of this members know precisely what kind of coat that is. The SS uniform is an icon and even today it'll function as a quick way to say "this is a bad guy" in TV or cinema, for instance. Look at Star Wars, or even this year and Zack Snyder's latest; trenchcoats and Hugo Boss esque design === Nazi. It just helps Barrett looks like a clown in a coat unsuited to his diminutive size.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

No it's just a total coincidence.

Same as the fact they chose the anniversary of Kristallnacht for their so-called demonstration.

Just coincidences.

There are a lot of coincidences about.

His (current) wife tweeted a picture a while back of their 3 or 4 year old son wearing a badge with a pseudo-celtic logo on which just happens to look like '88'

Which just happens to correspond to HH, which coincidentally is the initials of Heil Hitler

I mean what are the odds of that?!? What an amazing coincidence.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, they're so insidious apparently if you listen to some, I find myself wondering: where are the Radical Left / ANTIFA when you really need them to punch these Nazis anyway? They're supposed to be everywhere but can't turn up to smash these Muppets? Pffh, some omnipresent threat.

The only good Nazi is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Although I will never vote for this party, after reading that Jozef Puzka is receiving 690 cash welfare per week + other cash benefits + HAP for a five bedroom house, I can see why some people are driven demented by the current situation, and would resort to voting for parties like this.

So due to the failures of FG, this type of pol party may well enter the mainstream!!!

Anniversary of the Kristallnacht and the The Beer Hall Putsch.

He has a deep history remember

Anyway theres no "they" anymore. Hes been kicked out of the Nazional Party. He did this completely on his own.

What a loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,144 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Augme

I'd be amazed if most of the people who voted for the NP and attend all the rallies aren't claiming the exact same benefits.

Its "mummy mummy look at me" taken to hysterical levels.

So who got custody of the gold bars? Justin during the week and the other fella at the weekends maybe?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Opposite I'd say. Litler just has weekend visitation rights. Cries and waves as he leaves walking back down the driveway.

I'll never quite get over this one:

H. H. Asquith

I hope you didn't strain yourself from that leap from a gripe about benefits, to the notion a population would vote en masse for the Nazis because a murder suspect got some benefits. Nobody's gonna campaign, or win, on dismantling the benefits system - when most of country enjoys them to one degree or another.

Including, I imagine, pond scum Nazis wasting Gardaí time on the streets of Dublin. Methinks they're not gainfully employed folk.

Post edited by pixelburp on

I'm sick of people cynically using Ashling Murphy's murder as a front for their xenophobia. Nothing justifies voting for Nazis and anyone who does so is just scum. If you have a problem with the system, I suggest trying to change it instead of trying to make excuses for scum like Barrett and Kelly.

H. H. Asquith

When you can't tell the difference between parody and reality it's not a good sign for the subject of the discussion, is it!

It's a real poster. Here's a video from their own Youtube page featuring it in the first few seconds:

It's even in the thumbnail so you don't have to click play to see it.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Yeah I can see the thumbnail. I think I'll give the video a miss though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

• Registered Users Posts: 41,038 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭clampedusa

Sure who isnt a nazi these days.

Thanks to whatever it is mod person who changed the thread title to something more sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Define "moderately right-ish" cos I've not seen anything resembling what you're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭Shoog

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,708 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We're not short of our own native rapists and murderers and those with long criminal records either.

Advertisement